What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rabbitohs rumours, signings, injuries etc

callmack1

Staff member
Rhyse Martin, what an outstanding signing that would be!!! Does anyone reckon we're a good chance to get him? If the Roosters are also interested, I can't see why they would be considering their 2019 back row stocks.

Gee, I didn't even know Martin was off contract, I'd really like Souths to go hard for him as he'd be an amazing signing, I rate him highly and he's only gonna get better.

Rabbits20

Immortal
Rhyse Martin, what an outstanding signing that would be!!! Does anyone reckon we're a good chance to get him? If the Roosters are also interested, I can't see why they would be considering their 2019 back row stocks.

Gee, I didn't even know Martin was off contract, I'd really like Souths to go hard for him as he'd be an amazing signing, I rate him highly and he's only gonna get better.
Yep mate it'd be a great signing. Maybe we will offer 500k a year! Surely Easts don't need him!

Rabbits20

Immortal
We are actually gonna miss Crichton. He leaves a big hole.

Of course I'd rather us keep Cookie and Murray and Jennings and you can't keep them all!

Martin is a good player don't get me wrong but he can be a bit lazy at times. Imo as I said he's good but not an Angus Crichton. I don't believe his motor is quite as big.

Who knows though hopefully we can get him and he just gets better. He's 25 years old isn't he. Plus we desperately need another back rower.

I thought getting Oates would be good but just these last few weeks I've seen that his ball handling worries me a lot... Martin is the better safer choice probably.

GGTSS

Juniors
Rhyse would be a great signing. Strongly disagree with any talk of him being lazy. Roosters could havd an advantage as he was their 20s captain. I know him (not close, just mutual friends so see him a few times a year) but he holds roosters in high regard. Has a lot of close friends still there. From a professional perspective the pathway is far better with us - he’d have cordner, our boy Angus, matteson, tetevano and butcher there.

Also Oates may play backrow at broncos next week (he was in press conference with Bennett alluding to it). Could show their intent to keep him. Again not a great pathway there.

Rabbits20

Immortal
Rhyse would be a great signing. Strongly disagree with any talk of him being lazy. Roosters could havd an advantage as he was their 20s captain. I know him (not close, just mutual friends so see him a few times a year) but he holds roosters in high regard. Has a lot of close friends still there. From a professional perspective the pathway is far better with us - he’d have cordner, our boy Angus, matteson, tetevano and butcher there.

Also Oates may play backrow at broncos next week (he was in press conference with Bennett alluding to it). Could show their intent to keep him. Again not a great pathway there.
Plus Radley too

Souths Till I Die

First Grade

I agree. The roosters backrow stocks are packed and I also don’t understand how they have spending money. Ferguson was supposed to be on nothing and Radley would’ve got a pretty decent upgrade.

There’s rumours going around that they’re chasing Robert Jennings too. It actually never stops.

Itsamansgame

Juniors
The Rorters could sign a collection of men from my 600 lb life and still get carried over the try line by the refs.
Don't you think it's so pathetic that they have so many calls go their way and it's like taken as normal now and the NRL just wipe it off like it's business as usual.

Souths Till I Die

First Grade
Richo told the daily telegraph that we’re not actually in the hunt for a replacement for Angus and that we’re happy developing our own replacement. I think this is smart as we need to upgrade our other players like Jennings and Tatola first. Then onto Cook and Murray next year. The player who comes into first grade next year will be playing off the bench anyway as Murray can slot straight into the starting side.

callmack1

Staff member
Richo told the daily telegraph that we’re not actually in the hunt for a replacement for Angus and that we’re happy developing our own replacement. I think this is smart as we need to upgrade our other players like Jennings and Tatola first. Then onto Cook and Murray next year. The player who comes into first grade next year will be playing off the bench anyway as Murray can slot straight into the starting side.
Interesting...but Yea, that's fair enough. I mean, it'd be nice to go for an Angus replacement on the market but if it comes at the expense of someone like Jennings, Cook or Murray then there is absolutely no point.

We have some great young players coming through and guys like Dean Britt seem to be improving.

Rabbit toes

First Grade

Fuimaono

Travitoh

First Grade
I like fui but if true he is demanding 400s thats ludrikous. He has played min games and shown nothing i think he is worth keeping but on minimum until he shows us his talent

Good luck keeping anyone with NRL experience on minimum wage.

$400k isn't huge money. Bringing in par quality would most likely cost $500k+ imo

Last edited:

ThingFish

Juniors
Good luck keeping anyone with NRL experience on minimum wage.

$400k isn't huge money. Bringing in par or better quality would most likely cost $500k+ imo
I wouldn’t be paying $400k for an injury prone back rower. If another team is willing to, I say let him go.

Rabbit toes

First Grade
I like fui but if true he is demanding 400s thats ludrikous. He has played min games and shown nothing i think he is worth keeping but on minimum until he shows us his talent
Where’s it been reported he’s asking for 400k?
Besides it’s common for players to get injuries at the start of or even throughout that career. If they have the skills then they need to be compensated as such.
Using that line of thought Reynolds would be on minimum wage.
And that’s not even allowing for suspended players like Sam. No one ever screams about his salary when he’s sidelined for weeks at a time, yet a guy like Fui can come in to cover for him,

Itsamansgame

Juniors
It's a difficult situation with Fuimaono,for 400k I would want 80 minutes from him.
I feel the re-signing of Sutton dictates what will happen to him.
If Sutton stays it leaves Fui on the bench as Murray is the logical replacement for the rorter turncoat and IMO Murray is good for 80 minutes,will Sutto still be good for 80?,if he is I guess it would be Fui rotating with the Burgess boys which would mean Sam moving to the front row to cover one of the twins when they are off.I would expect to see Johnstone & Rodwell getting their chance off the bench next year.
So what I'm saying is Fuimaono would want to be on the paddock for big minutes for his suggested 400k.... for mine he is still to show if he's up to that figure!

Rabbits20

Immortal
I'd prefer Sam still at lock mate and Sutto and Murray in the back row!

Rabbits20

Immortal
It's a difficult situation with Fuimaono,for 400k I would want 80 minutes from him.
I feel the re-signing of Sutton dictates what will happen to him.
If Sutton stays it leaves Fui on the bench as Murray is the logical replacement for the rorter turncoat and IMO Murray is good for 80 minutes,will Sutto still be good for 80?,if he is I guess it would be Fui rotating with the Burgess boys which would mean Sam moving to the front row to cover one of the twins when they are off.I would expect to see Johnstone & Rodwell getting their chance off the bench next year.
So what I'm saying is Fuimaono would want to be on the paddock for big minutes for his suggested 400k.... for mine he is still to show if he's up to that figure!
I don't think we will offer more than about 325k to Fui.

We can keep Britt on 240-250. He played in the NSW origin residents thingy too!