What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Random Tigers articles from the media

Delboy

First Grade
I totally agree. Galvin can read the game so well. He knows how to create overlaps. His choice of who to pass to is outstanding and he has an incredible amount of energy.
The issue will be in a year or so’s time, someone like Ricky will offer a 19 year old half who hasn’t played Cup or NRL , $500k pa for 3 years and no matter what the real worth is, you lose a player that was being developed.

That same player is open to clubs circling after Round 6 with similar or better offers, it’s tough to keep good young halves no matter the cost of development or loyalty.

Nutz

Bench
The issue will be in a year or so’s time, someone like Ricky will offer a 19 year old half who hasn’t played Cup or NRL , $500k pa for 3 years and no matter what the real worth is, you lose a player that was being developed.

That same player is open to clubs circling after Round 6 with similar or better offers, it’s tough to keep good young halves no matter the cost of development or loyalty.
Good points, Galvin has just signed for us mate so not as bad as you say.

Delboy

First Grade
Good points, Galvin has just signed for us mate so not as bad as you say.
The point is, as you develop him ,he’s signed for 2/3 years then bang it’s 18 months till the contract expires and he’s open to crazy offers. That’s why the Fainu’s were basically paid overs before playing anything other than an odd Cup game. You can appreciate these players coming through, but you don’t always get the opportunity to retain them, Katoa for instance to the Phins. That’s an issue with no transfer fees or decent rewards for development..Not a shot at anyone

Tigerm

First Grade
The point is, as you develop him ,he’s signed for 2/3 years then bang it’s 18 months till the contract expires and he’s open to crazy offers. That’s why the Fainu’s were basically paid overs before playing anything other than an odd Cup game. You can appreciate these players coming through, but you don’t always get the opportunity to retain them, Katoa for instance to the Phins. That’s an issue with no transfer fees or decent rewards for development..Not a shot at anyone
Yeah, but that was always a problem, but the current club has at least the a first right to sign him now, I think if the player is worth it, they will match or better it, if they want to.
We only got Luai, because we put a bid in they couldn’t match, plus a few other factors, but money was certainly a major factor?
That’s footy these days, you’ll win some and you’ll lose some.
But you are right, halves are a premium commodity atm.

WA Tiger

Bench
you get a double shot for any comment on here..neither usually a sit u on your ass revelation. it’s if one or two of the other halves matches or exceeds Galvins usefulness before black Jesus arrives that things would get interesting

Ned Kelly

Juniors

Nutz

Bench

Player in Focus​

Jayden Sullivan

“He has come through the grades as a child prodigy and destined to be a long-term first grader,” Carayannis continued.

“Sullivan joins the Wests Tigers on the back of hamstring injuries from the Dragons.

“You speak to people from the Dragons who say that he lacked dedication and commitment to his training at times which may have contributed to those injuries.

“It may have hindered him in becoming the elite professional that he needed to be.

“The Tigers have invested heavily in him with a four-year deal worth $500,000.

“The Dragons aren’t chipping in a dollar and the shadow of Jarome Luai looms.

“The race is on now to partner Luai long-term and I don’t know if Sullivan gets first crack.

“He’s not at the crossroads yet but he’s getting to that point.

“He didn’t show he was ready to be a consistent first grader at the Dragons (but) now he has a chance.”

The Tigers have the bye in the opening round.

Nutz

Bench
Api said on the Wests Tigers website that his blonde hair was a team punishment recently.
He was sporting such hairdos after grand final wins too.
If that's what it takes to win we should insist all the players go blonde. ;)
2e046f2aeda8431a1221e389bb5dc6a3-1957924214.jpg

WA Tiger

Bench

Pretty cool comment from Benji to AD “I’ll slot u in somewhere” ..That would have been music for AD and motivating. Weather he will have a spot when the time comes may be different but Benji knows as of now there’s a couple of spots where AD won’t look any worse than the “incumbent”

Ned Kelly

Juniors
I didn't know Johnny Bateman had dyslexia. I have even more respect for him now.
Seems like a super decent guy. If I heard correctly there were other teams interested in him but he chose the Tigers because he was looking at where he could make the most difference and if he went for a more successful team he would just be floating around in his comfort zone and he didn't want that because he knew he would have to try that much harder at a team that is struggling.

Hey Nutz my Grammar says high.