What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Random Tigers articles from the media

Nutz

Bench
I've travelled up there, it's certainly a different environment to what most people would be used to, certainly German tourists.

If the heat/humidity don't get you, the crocs will, if you're not careful.

The place is full of horror stories, I would think they can count there blessings to still be able to tell there story.
Exactly mate. I was stationed at Tindal in the NT for a year and it's everything you said Tm plus more.
People these days are like Lemmings regarding the use of navigators.
My missus is shocking...she will drive straight past our house using hers.

Nutz

Bench
I've travelled up there, it's certainly a different environment to what most people would be used to, certainly German tourists.

The place is full of horror stories, I would think they can count there blessings to still be able to tell there story.
Reminds me of an episode of "All Aussie Adventures" with Russell Coight.
He'd say, "crazy city slickers have no idea" as he is slowly pushed over a cliff by his car.

Tigerm

First Grade
Exactly mate. I was stationed at Tindal in the NT for a year and it's everything you said Tm plus more.
People these days are like Lemmings regarding the use of navigators.
My missus is shocking...she will drive straight past our house using hers.
I remember a story in the press a few years back, two long time station hands went out to check some fences from a cattle station, they broke down about 15kms out and started walking back, one died and the other guy was found barely alive, through lack of water?
I mean they would have been experienced outback guys?
Just incredible how things can escalate so quickly.

Tigerm

First Grade
I was staying up at Punsand Bay campground at the top of Australia, beautiful place, but not much there, it wasn’t recommended to walk along the beach, so I asked the manager could they recommend somewhere to visit, she said, go down the road about 10kms, you’ll see a yellow ribbon on a tree, turn right, go another 5kms and find a green ribbon and turn left and it will take you to a nice beach area. I eventually found it, but it was crazy cross country through creeks and sand in thick bush hahaha
There is no way you would have found it without the ribbons, the wife was freaking out. I couldn’t afford to, as I had to remember how to get back Hahaha
This was before GPS, which wouldn’t have helped anyway, as there was no wifi.

Nutz

Bench
I was staying up at Punsand Bay campground at the top of Australia, beautiful place, but not much there, it wasn’t recommended to walk along the beach, so I asked the manager could they recommend somewhere to visit, she said, go down the road about 10kms, you’ll see a yellow ribbon on a tree, turn right, go another 5kms and find a green ribbon and turn left and it will take you to a nice beach area. I eventually found it, but it was crazy cross country through creeks and sand in thick bush hahaha
There is no way you would have found it without the ribbons, the wife was freaking out. I couldn’t afford to, as I had to remember how to get back Hahaha
This was before GPS, which wouldn’t have helped anyway, as there was no wifi.
Drones are a good nav aid to find waterholes and tracks in the outback....not so good in dense jungle for obvious reasons.

simmo05

Bench

I've done the Cape a few times, harsh country. No way I would be abandoning my car to walk to safety!

Tigerm

First Grade
I've done the Cape a few times, harsh country. No way I would be abandoning my car to walk to safety!
There certainly are some crazies, on the way back out across the ferry, there was an Indian guy and his young son in the river, washing dishes right next to the ferry hahahaha

Nutz

Bench
The top fifty player poll is out and we only got 1...Api Koroisau coming in at number 42.
The Broncos have 7.
It is probably why we got two consecutive wooden spoons.
We can acuse people for stuffing up or or make all sorts of excuses but at the end of the day it all comes down to one thing...the team with the best roster inevitably wins.
Luai made the list if that's any consolation.
If we make the finals this year we may see someone like Bula or Stef make the top 50.
Who else could nudge someone off this list in the link below?

Nutz

Bench
Awesome pod from Behind The Roar with special guest CEO Shane Richardson.
At the 21:00min mark Shane talks about the WT Alumni. What I gather from this is to bring in past players to enforce the "WT Family"
Can someone add to this. Does this mean ex-player welfare?
Shane hinted Benji is soon going to get more support which I took as trainers, assistants etc.

Tigerm

First Grade
Awesome pod from Behind The Roar with special guest CEO Shane Richardson.
At the 21:00min mark Shane talks about the WT Alumni. What I gather from this is to bring in past players to enforce the "WT Family"
Can someone add to this. Does this mean ex-player welfare?
Shane hinted Benji is soon going to get more support which I took as trainers, assistants etc.

Yes, it was a good listen.

Re: the alumni comment:
We are already doing that to a lesser extent, but this is a good initiative to get up and running.
Not all players have thrived outside of footy.:(

Last edited:

Nutz

Bench
Yes, it was a good listen.

Re: the alumni comment:
We are already doing that to a lesser extent, but this is a good initiative to get up and running.
Not all players have thrived outside of footy.:(
Cheers mate, I still haven't grasped it. Is it a foundation? Welfare awareness, support for families or just making it more of a club environment for former players....present players?

gordsy

Juniors
I wonder if Pascoe and Lee knew about the fudging of member numbers and if any hard questions will be put to them about that...

simmo05

Bench
I wonder if Pascoe and Lee knew about the fudging of member numbers and if any hard questions will be put to them about that...
What a bunch of bottom feeding low life's. Why the f**k did the owners wait for a petition to knife these imbos?

Nutz

Bench
I think other clubs do it. Richo needs members $ and this might be a way for members like me who didn't renew because they are sick of the shite that the board dished out that we may think things have changed and honesty and transparency might catch a few fish.
Well I'm not renewing until I see a positive change in our players culture.
I'm yet to see it.
[I have been a season ticket holder only for 4 years now but not this year]

Ned Kelly

Juniors
I read the Story on the Wests Tigers webb page calling non members to show their stripes. It mentioned a $75 club membership for those who can't get to games. I fall into that category and was curious what I would get for $75. I clicked on the view packages button with the only option to renew a membership and no information about the packages.

Hopefully Richo can find someone better at their job to run the webb site.

simmo05

Bench
I read the Story on the Wests Tigers webb page calling non members to show their stripes. It mentioned a $75 club membership for those who can't get to games. I fall into that category and was curious what I would get for $75. I clicked on the view packages button with the only option to renew a membership and no information about the packages.

Hopefully Richo can find someone better at their job to run the webb site.
A sticker and that's it. No voting rights, no reason to stump up the dosh I reckon

Latest posts