What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rapes & Vagana?

blacktip-reefy

Immortal
I am wondering how he will be utilised by Rapes.
He was ready to be mothballed as an overpriced grubber chaser under Anderson, but I am really excited about a kimmorley Vagana partnership.
Perhaps Big Nige would prefer to play in the centres?
I also hope is doing some speed work. I thought he had slowed considerably in the closing rounds this year. Perhaps that was an injury.
Any inside info?
I think I might be the first to know as I think an early trial game is set for the Knights at ballina in January/Febuary.

Genius Freak

Juniors
I think it's Parra in Ballina actually. Not that an 8 hour drive will be on the cards any time soon.

blacktip-reefy

Immortal
Parra V Sharks or Parra V knights?
Searley usually gets Parra @ Carrarra for trials, as they pull crowds of around 12-15k

Foz

Bench
It has to be tempting to use Vagana at 5/8. I dont really care if he is 5/8 or centre as long as Bailey gets back to the back row.
Peachey plays his best footy when he is the second option as first receiver (and broken play of course) so maybe we have an option there.
I think Raper is saying all the right things (so far) but I guess the crunch will come when we play the Tigers next year.

Genius Freak

Juniors
Sharks vs Parra in Ballina sometime in February. Ballina in February will be a good test of endurance in 45 degree temperatures if nothing else.

blacktip-reefy

Immortal
Well I'll be there.
& GF, it is no hotter than Shark park at the Ballina Seagulls ground.
both are close to the water & it wil probably be at night.

Macca

Coach
My opinion is that Bailey should start at lock, Hilder 5/8th and Vagana in the centres inside Merrit and Franze and Reick on the other side. Looks solid enough in defence and my mouth just starts to water when I think about attack.

Hey Reefy, do you live in Ballina?

Macca

Coach
What's wrong Reefy? Oops, sorry another question. :?

Long drive to Ballina though.

White Poiner

Coach
I live right near ballina about 20ks away it will be a great game its on saturday 14 feb 2004 v eels if u didnt know
:lol: :lol:

beerboy

Juniors
at least u can go check out the big prawn while there
or make a holiday of it and go to Byron

Jimbo

Immortal
white pointer! said:
I live right near ballina about 20ks away it will be a great game its on saturday 14 feb 2004 v eels if u didnt know
:lol: :lol:

Alstonville?

Macca

Coach
It's a 7 1/2 hour drive from the shire but my brother is moving there early next year. Might be the perfect time to visit.

cheese

Bench
McSharkie said:
It's a 7 1/2 hour drive from the shire.

And the rest :shock: .....I reckon it took me closer to 11 to get lismore last year. I also managed to lose my license on that trip, so as you can imagine, i wasnt driving miss daisy, yet it still took aaaages.

Not that its got to do with anything, but that strecth of coast from ballina to byron has to be one of the best spots in the world i reckon.

blacktip-reefy

Immortal
Well cheese you now know then why I'm rarely in Sydney.

& 11 hours :lol: :lol: :lol:
I have to drive sometimes but I get to "my paradise" in about 9.
& thats doing the limit, 1 fuel stop.

What did you do stop at every driver reviiver on the way? :lol: :lol: :lol:

imasharkie

Coach
My brother lives in a little paradise called Evans Head which is half hour south of Ballina............I visit him regularely :D

McSharkie said:
Yeah, sorry, I was thinking of Coffs Harbour. About 9hrs to Ballina.

Coffs Harbour. I had to go up there for work a month or two ago. What a complete dump, a waste of space. I was expecting some sort of paradise but I found a town in the midst of a permanent recession. Unemployment sky high. Needle bins on the street. Shifty looking couples walking the streets at night. Zero night life. No young people.

It was sort of like attending a footy match at Kogarah or Campbelltown.

Latest posts