What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rd #14 Souths vs broncos

Rabbits20

Immortal
Cook changed the game when he came on???

As always these amazing transformations by COOK [& the rest of our key players]is a loss to another LOSS!!
How long can one go on praising a loser??!

Cook coming on with fresh legs against dead legs----SORRY;I expect more from him-MUCH MORE!!!

Cook supporters on here seem to sweep under the carpet the BIG advantage he has as a fresh replacement & the very minimal results achieved with this immense favour he is granted!!
Cook was very good.

Rsag85

Bench

As always these amazing transformations by COOK [& the rest of our key players]is a loss to another LOSS!!

Cook coming on with fresh legs against dead legs----SORRY;I expect more from him-MUCH MORE!!!

Cook supporters on here seem to sweep under the carpet the BIG advantage he has as a fresh replacement &;STILL; the very minimal results achieved with this immense favour he is granted!!

So your a Farah supporter I am guessing. The guy has past his use by date. Terrible call signing the wash up has been

souths_reborn

Juniors

Cook supporters on here seem to sweep under the carpet the BIG advantage he has as a fresh replacement &;STILL; the very minimal results achieved with this immense favour he is granted!!
You've never rated Cook and never will; you refuse to cut him any sort of slack and have been that way incline ever since he came to the club. You also have penchant for hyperbole when critiquing him which I think gets under the skins of a lot of the other members on here. For example, when you say that he came on against dead legs? Please, the Broncos were not exactly dropping dead from exhaustion when he came on at the back end of the first half. Moreover, what more are you expecting from him? While I will agree that he didn't change the game, he did his job in getting the team moving forward. His only mistake was letting Thaiday score, although Kyle Turner may be held as being equally accountable.

Rabbits20

Immortal
You've never rated Cook and never will; you refuse to cut him any sort of slack and have been that way incline ever since he came to the club. You also have penchant for hyperbole when critiquing him which I think gets under the skins of a lot of the other members on here. For example, when you say that he came on against dead legs? Please, the Broncos were not exactly dropping dead from exhaustion when he came on at the back end of the first half. Moreover, what more are you expecting from him? While I will agree that he didn't change the game, he did his job in getting the team moving forward. His only mistake was letting Thaiday score, although Kyle Turner may be held as being equally accountable.
Farah threw a couple of poor passes leading to errors in the first half too so he could be held accountable for the fact that we could've scored a try later that or get a repeat set leading to a try had his passes been better.

Souths Till I Die

First Grade

Trust me mate it's not worth it haha. This argument will go on for the next few years.

Souths Till I Die

First Grade
They are don't knowers!!!!!!!!!

Haha nah I think everyone has different opinions of our team. Farah might be the way to go but as southsport has said before every team Farah has played in has not succeeded obviously besides the 2005 tigers team. Farah tries to do too much on the field rather than listen to his halves. Cook has never been given a fair go for a long period of time. That obviously suggests Maguire doesn't rate him either. But let's be honest maguire's selection habits have been... strange... in the past. I believe the only reason Farah is still in the first grade side is because he is undroppable. It would look ridiculous for our club and would be admitting our recruitment f**ked up. Here's to hoping we have an up and coming hooker somewhere in the juniors.

Souths Till I Die

First Grade
I want to see Cam Murray given more game time. I think he was prematurely dropped. He looks like he could be one of the best up and coming locks in the game.

Rabbits20

Immortal
Haha nah I think everyone has different opinions of our team. Farah might be the way to go but as southsport has said before every team Farah has played in has not succeeded obviously besides the 2005 tigers team. Farah tries to do too much on the field rather than listen to his halves. Cook has never been given a fair go for a long period of time. That obviously suggests Maguire doesn't rate him either. But let's be honest maguire's selection habits have been... strange... in the past. I believe the only reason Farah is still in the first grade side is because he is undroppable. It would look ridiculous for our club and would be admitting our recruitment f**ked up. Here's to hoping we have an up and coming hooker somewhere in the juniors.
No I'm being serious. As Shadow says too some things a few say on here are absolutely ridiculous!!!!!!

Also we couldn't have kept McTurtle!!!!!!

DiegoNT

First Grade
Jesus christ with this Cook hasn't been given enough chances to prove himself crap. He has played 29 games for us now. He has had half a dozen games where he has started and played 80, he has played about half a dozen where he starts and shares the role, he has had at least half a dozen where he comes in the middle part of the game to take advantage of tired defences and he has had a few chances to just close out games.
He has had many chances in a variety of roles yet we still haven't found one that suits the team. How many more chances will he get to find a suitable role?
People saying he needs to come on earlier, he had like 5 games in a row as a starter, what is he supposed to start the game 10 minutes earlier than the other 33 players?
I know that people like him for some bizarre reason, but he has to have some use otherwise it's a wasted spot in the 17. I feel his selection each week is political, he is being forced into the team to placate the fans. And if that is what is happening then we are in big trouble

Dogmatix

Juniors
Cook was always stuck mostly in NSW Cup before he came to Souths and there is a reason for this. He is a good NSW Cup player but not quite NRL class

The only time Souths have got results with Cook playing was at the end of last season. But in those games Souths were already out of finals contention and the opposition were taking Souths lightly

DiegoNT

First Grade
Cook was always stuck mostly in NSW Cup before he came to Souths and there is a reason for this. He is a good NSW Cup player but not quite NRL class

The only time Souths have got results with Cook playing was at the end of last season. But in those games Souths were already out of finals contention and the opposition were taking Souths lightly
What's forgetten about our end of season run is we finally had Reynolds and Inglis back after some mid-season injuries, suspension and origin duty. Mcinnes had signed with dragons so the club gave cook an opportunity to finish out the season, but cook got that oppurtunity at the very same game inglis returned.

Rabbits20

Immortal
Lol@ the don't knowers!!!!!

Where are you Shadow?????

Cook was a big part of why we looked dangerous against the Broncos!!!!!

Cook has the spark that Farah doesn't.

Cook's darting was superb the other night!!!!!

Rsag85

Bench
What's forgetten about our end of season run is we finally had Reynolds and Inglis back after some mid-season injuries, suspension and origin duty. Mcinnes had signed with dragons so the club gave cook an opportunity to finish out the season, but cook got that oppurtunity at the very same game inglis returned.

McInnes signed with the dragons in the off season

Latest posts