What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rd 21 Team V Knights

Only goes to prove,sometimes these young stars cruise a little bit in under 20s.but they step up when given the opportunity in first grade.we have a few more like Dufty .waiting waiting waiting.
Who are you talking about.

I never saw any of the young players that the Dragons have blooded from the under 20's ever cruise as you put it in the under 20's.

Some of the one's who thought they where better then they actually are are long gone maybe with the except of leilua.

Drag Queen

Bench
Only goes to prove,sometimes these young stars cruise a little bit in under 20s.but they step up when given the opportunity in first grade.we have a few more like Dufty .waiting waiting waiting.
Remember that he had a good team around him yesterday. Albeit 20 minutes when they had a man in the sin bin. Then they scored 3 tries in a blink of an eye. I'm not getting comfortable yet.
Your right drag but they know what billy slaters going to do .but shuting him down is easier said than done.speed speed speed its hard to stop.
Watch this space OD. Slater was shut down. Scary shit but they had their target.

OzDragon

Coach
Danger game imo. Rorters had to rely on very favourable calls to get on top of the Knights last round.

But if we're fair dinkum, we should win comfortably.

MilanDragon

Juniors
I think the days of just turning up being good enough to beat the knights are gone.

They've lost quite a few close ones this year and have been building towards winning a few.

We need to turn up focussed and more importantly, hungry to win. A lot of other top 8 teams play each other this weekend so it could be a big weekend that goes a long way to where we finish the season.

Life's Good

Coach
I think the days of just turning up being good enough to beat the knights are gone.

They've lost quite a few close ones this year and have been building towards winning a few.

We need to turn up focussed and more importantly, hungry to win. A lot of other top 8 teams play each other this weekend so it could be a big weekend that goes a long way to where we finish the season.
Yep. Preparation should be a video replay of our great escape vs. Newy focusing on lazy inside defenders, arm grabbing, forced passes and general sh*tness. Yesterday is to be enjoyed but wiped to avoid complacency.

slippery5

Juniors
I realise the dust has barely settled on our win today, but a good win against the Knights will almost secure our top 8 position.

F/B - Dufty
W - Nene & Nighty
C - Dugan & Lafai (assuming Aitken is out, which seems more likely than not)
6 - Widdop
7 - McCrone
FR - LAM & Vaughan
2nd R - Friz & Thommo
9 - McInnes
Lock - JDB

Bench:
Host
Packer
Sims
Mann

If Dugan doesn't play (as well as Aitken) then Mann to Centre and either Lawrie or a further utility (dare I use the name Marketo?)
No you friggin dare not…..

SEAT 1A

Bench
Dugan for Euan which is a bit of a shame as Euan looked good.

Thought SOO took it's toll on the side. Rest packer, need him fully fit for the semi's. If the results fall our way, we give it to NTL, should be able to reset for the year.

Overseas dragon

Juniors

I never saw any of the young players that the Dragons have blooded from the under 20's ever cruise as you put it in the under 20's.

Some of the one's who thought they where better then they actually are are long gone maybe with the except of leilua.
Boy you're something else coast dragon what the f**k that is anybody's guess

Crossbow

Juniors
Going down to watch the Dragons and the Knights.After our game against Canberra although we lost we looked like we had our mojo back from the early season form.Which carried on against manly but we are a hard team to watch.In front by 30 and get 22 put on us by 12 men is not good enough.This game is a must win but it worrys the Sh.t out of me.Those fade outs are a real worry and the Knights are knocking on the door for a win.Just hope Mary keeps Duffy in the one jumper.Good luck boys go get em.

Overseas dragon

Juniors
Remember that he had a good team around him yesterday. Albeit 20 minutes when they had a man in the sin bin. Then they scored 3 tries in a blink of an eye. I'm not getting comfortable yet.

Watch this space OD. Slater was shut down. Scary shit but they had their target.
You were talking about the stiff arm .I guess that's one way to shut him down but not the response I was expecting drag I'm talking about speed it's hard to stop .

Overseas dragon

Juniors

So you've never watch leilua play then because he's a prime example can go to sleep at the drop of a hat.and other times his involvement is excellent put on your glasses coast.and he's just one of the Young players I'm talking about.

Overseas dragon

Juniors
Just a thought from left field if mccroan gets hurt,Mary could do worse than dufty half back if Dugan is fullback off course .

Life's Good

Coach
OH WHEN THE SAINTS.....

NRL Squad for Round 21 v Newcastle Knights

1. Matt Dufty
2. Nene Macdonald
3. Josh Dugan
4. Tim Lafai
5. Jason Nightingale
6. Gareth Widdop (c)
7. Josh McCrone
8. Leeson Ah Mau
9. Cameron McInnes
10. Paul Vaughan
11. Tyson Frizell
12. Joel Thompson
13. Jack de Belin
Interchange:
14. Tariq Sims
15. Jacob Host
16. Russell Packer
17. Kurt Mann
18. Blake Lawrie
19. Taane Milne
20. Jake Marketo
21. Luciano Leilua

http://www.dragons.com.au/news/2017/07/25/nrl_team_round_21_v_.html

Crescent dragon

Juniors
Does this mean dufty is on fullback money?
Let's hope is is in time to come!
I think this week is the game to throw Luciano back into first grade. I know there is a lot at stake but when I look at the bench, I see Simms, Packer, Mann and a big opportunity for the guy and the club. Perhaps we can stop second guessing on this guy as well as we learnt last week with Duffy.

ruthless dragon

Juniors
OH WHEN THE SAINTS.....

NRL Squad for Round 21 v Newcastle Knights

1. Matt Dufty
2. Nene Macdonald
3. Josh Dugan
4. Tim Lafai
5. Jason Nightingale
6. Gareth Widdop (c)
7. Josh McCrone
8. Leeson Ah Mau
9. Cameron McInnes
10. Paul Vaughan
11. Tyson Frizell
12. Joel Thompson
13. Jack de Belin
Interchange:
14. Tariq Sims
15. Jacob Host
16. Russell Packer
17. Kurt Mann
18. Blake Lawrie
19. Taane Milne
20. Jake Marketo
21. Luciano Leilua

http://www.dragons.com.au/news/2017/07/25/nrl_team_round_21_v_.html

Good moves mary girl what's happened!!
Packer off the bench great, Dugan to center please pass, Duffy full back good looking side..kick a nites a$$ hehe

Latest posts