What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rd 3 2024: Parra v Manly GAME DAY thread @ Commbank Stadium March 24th

Yeh, Lussick is a very solid NRL hooker. And Blaize will be best if he's brought up slowly. He's as likely to learn bad habits as good if he is unnecessarily rushed.
I agree Blaize should probably go back down but I worry if he’ll learn more bad habits down in Reggies than playing in a decent first grade side. I think he has a higher upside than others but i guess BA has to weight up if he’ll be a net positive to the side.

I don’t know what game you guys were watching but Lussick was excellent and is a better hooker than Hands. I also thought that Harper improved greatly in the second half and did his job.

Blaize will be a good player for us but is still a little raw. I can’t see him
making the side next week.

Our offloads killed them and they ran a bit out of gas. Great game.

Paulo, Matterson and Moretti changed the game for us. They were huge when they came on.
Lussick & Matto were great

Stevie

Bench
Is Simonsen back at left centre next week next to Sivo?
or Harper /Sivo?
Not what you want, but what do you think BA will do?

the phantom menace

First Grade
I'd leave Blaize up for one more week, just to get his taste of first grade with some continuity - rather than as a one off. Plenty of time for him to go back to the winless Cup team as their fill in fullback....

Let the injured returnee get a Cup game under his belt first, but put the suspended returnee back in firsts next week - and let Blaize play alongside a seasoned winger, in the hope it helps his next NRL game in the centres.

I agree Blaize should probably go back down but I worry if he’ll learn more bad habits down in Reggies than playing in a decent first grade side. I think he has a higher upside than others but i guess BA has to weight up if he’ll be a net positive to the side.

Yeh, it's tricky, and it seems that its Wests next game which is probably less of a challenge than it might be. I was honestly surprised that they threw him in a centre today.....such a hard place to defend even you are really good.

Bandwagon

Staff member
I'd leave Blaize up for one more week, just to get his taste of first grade with some continuity - rather than as a one off. Plenty of time for him to go back to the winless Cup team as their fill in fullback....

Let the injured returnee get a Cup game under his belt first, but put the suspended returnee back in firsts next week - and let Blaize play alongside a seasoned winger, in the hope it helps his next NRL game in the centres.

I wouldn't mind this, the kid done ok, having Sivo outside him would have to help.

Tooooks

Bench
Talagi had a decent first game but if Simmo is available next week then he needs to go back to Reggies and muse.
Yeah for some reason I thought Sivo had another week off, but he and Simo should be back next week, so it’s an easy choice for BA.

hindy111

Post Whore

Agree. The question is will he cost us games or not? I'd rather we persist with him also.

King-Gutho94

Coach
Great win we dug deep.

The carry on from Manly fans is ridiculous.

The dickhead from Cronulla Buzz Rothfield has found the deflection from Cronullas shit performance last night already on twitter bagging the bunker.

The pass was 2m forward anyway when you take the obstruction out.

Plus the DCE knock on with the try before half-time.

f**k manly

Blue and Gold will never fold unlike the Maroon and White Northern Eagles.