What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rd.3 v Broncos

betcats

Referee
Really starting to love Henry, nothing spectacular about him just all effort and fitness. 35 tackles no misses, 105 metres from 11 runs, really great effort for a guy in his 5th fg game. Lindsay stood up really well also, defensively he’s hitting much harder this year. Really well placed for the fiture with these two, As fish and Leota age over the next few season we’ve got two young props who can take more minutes off them and keep our up tempo defensive style. Lindsay might develop into a decent Yeo replacement when the time comes, playing a bit of edge he passes pretty well. Not Yeo level by any means but he’s showing some signs. If Patea kicks on and we can keep him with cleary and our seemingly endless outside back depth we might still be dominating for the next five years plus.

Honestly if you asked 17 coaches who'd they rather of Moses,D.Brown and Jerome.
I don't think any would chose Jerome. Most would go for Moses but Dylan would have many fans. They are far superior.
Nathan and Yeo make Jerome look good.
Nathan is miles above anyone
I would go for Drown; off field antics apart, he is the complete package!!

Chins get the wins

First Grade
Also Luai much better, played direct and created space for the guys outside and brought the skipping sodeways stuff a couple times when it was warranted and no penalties.
His kicking was very poor. We obviously had some sort of set play to grubber in behind them on the left bit Romey kicked it straight into their legs at least twice

Kilkenny

Coach
In a game that was over at half time, we out in for another 10-15 then clocked off. But there was a lot to like about the win.

I thought Matt E did what he always does when called upon, he just does a job and does it well.

Liam Henry very good tonight probably the most minutes he has played at the top level. I believe he made 30 odd tackles with no misses. He is just going to get better and better. I haven’t seen or watched any highlights yet and I could be wrong but I think he was one of the first players back after Tago rounded up the break from Cobbo. Just sums him up, huge motor this kid, all heart.

Kilkenny

Coach
His kicking was very poor. We obviously had some sort of set play to grubber in behind them on the left bit Romey kicked it straight into their legs at least twice
If you look for negatives in your assessment you will almost certainly find negatives.

It’s more enjoyable taking away positives and to that end there were a lot of positives tonight. Very enjoyable, even if we probably put the cue in the rack with twenty to go.

Chins get the wins

First Grade
If you look for negatives in your assessment you will almost certainly find negatives.

It’s more enjoyable taking away positives and to that end there were a lot of positives tonight. Very enjoyable, even if we probably put the cue in the rack with twenty to go.
We have to find negatives to have a conversation. We are going to romp this comp in unless injuries get us

Kilkenny

Coach
We have to find negatives to have a conversation. We are going to romp this comp in unless injuries get us
No you don’t, not negatives for negatives sake.

There are unlimited opportunities to generate conversation from proposing the positives.

Matt E popular punching bag on here, was very, very good and his performance should be recognised as such. It probably won’t be because that is how some of you are. No objectivity at all.

age.s

First Grade
I've got a legit negative. Can we please cut out the facials? There were a couple last week (from Dyl of all people) and again tonight a pretty blatant one from Tago that was rightly penalised. The whining about it from the captains was cringe af too.

Just uneccesary. We're the best team of this era by a long way, no need to grub it up Melbourne style.

I've got a legit negative. Can we please cut out the facials? There were a couple last week (from Dyl of all people) and again tonight a pretty blatant one from Tago that was rightly penalised. The whining about it from the captains was cringe af too.

Just uneccesary. We're the best team of this era by a long way, no need to grub it up Melbourne style.
Well said.

Original Name

Juniors

Wasn't Cleary trying to argue Cobbo wouldn't let go of Tago holding him illegally to try to get Tago offside so that's Tago why gave him a facial and since the first illegal thing happened to Tago Penrith should get the penalty? If Cobbo was holding him that seems like an objectively correct argument.

But yes facials is a grubby thing and I don't understand why we've doing them so much to compared past years when it was only Liam Martin occasionally that I can remember.

age.s

First Grade
Wasn't Cleary trying to argue Cobbo wouldn't let go of Tago holding him illegally to try to get Tago offside so that's Tago why gave him a facial and since the first illegal thing happened to Tago Penrith should get the penalty? If Cobbo was holding him that seems like an objectively correct argument.
Foul play trumps an illegal hold, but even were that true its not a good look. Take the L, have a word to the team to stand up for yourselves in a cleaner manner, for example like Luai did when Staggs pushed him off the tackle.

Kilkenny

Coach

Did you ever play rugby league or rugby Union?

I don’t condone it, yes it is probably unnecessary but in comparison to days gone by WOW it used to happen in each and every tackle in both codes.

There are far bigger issues in the game than the occasional face massage.

Aliceinwonderland

First Grade
My takeaways.
Tago is going to be a superstar.
The attack for the most part and improevment from last week.

I think I'van's attempting to get match fitness into the legs of the forwards.

Matty Eiso I owe you an apology, you aimed up well tonight.

I know we were playing against a makeshift Brisbane team, but you can only play who is against you.

For about 10 mins in the mid to late 2nd half. Penrith lost their way a little and missed a couple of crucial tackles which lead to two tries.

During that time Penrith's attack got a little sloppy too. I'm sure Ivan will sort this out real fast.

On the whole a good effort and win.

Aliceinwonderland

First Grade
24 minutes to go. May goes off in a HIA. In the scoring of a Brisbane try.

20 minutes to go commentators say 'forward pass from Brisbane'. They go the length of the field and score.

So that's the how and why of the Brisbane tries. No further score in the game, at 18 minutes to go.

Kilkenny

Coach
Oh cool, so we agree then.
Maybe focus on the fact there were 20,000 people at the game tonight on what was a rather cold Thursday night.

Again if you want to find negatives, that’s your choice.

My wife and I had dinner before the game at Marcel Restaurant at the Pullman before the game. From our window seat I made the comment to the wife everyone, adults and children were all adorning Panthers guernseys, carrying flags.

This club, this team has done the unthinkable for the District of Penrith. It is a joy to see and be a part of.

Grubby facials, Dylan missing a tackle that results in a try is that where our focus should be.

I watch and wonder where we are today, we are truly spoiled rotten when we find such we find such inconsequential things to complain about.

Original Name

Juniors
Foul play trumps an illegal hold, but even were that true its not a good look. Take the L, have a word to the team to stand up for yourselves in a cleaner manner, for example like Luai did when Staggs pushed him off the tackle.
If two action by both teams are judged to be a penalty worthy the one did it first will be penalised. That's how you get things like Braith Anasta getting a penalty going against his team after getting punched in the face.
And that's why Staggs was penalised. Staggs was (harshly imo) judged to be interfering with the defensive team making a tackle before Luai turned around and shoved him.

mxlegend99

Referee
If two action by both teams are judged to be a penalty worthy the one did it first will be penalised. That's how you get things like Braith Anasta getting a penalty going against his team after getting punched in the face.
And that's why Staggs was penalised. Staggs was (harshly imo) judged to be interfering with the defensive team making a tackle before Luai turned around and shoved him.
Staggs IMO got penalised because Broncos had been doing that to Luai in other tackles he was making. It stopped once penalised.

They likely thought they could get a penalty out of him reacting. But the referee having seen it done earlier gave one against them instead. Luai was picked as the player that would react though.

Probably also helped the squaring up of penalties so he could go back to being whistle happy.

Latest posts