What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rd10 2024: 8pm Eels v Broncos GAME DAY THREAD @ Commbank 10th May

Avenger

Immortal
If Sivo , Lussick and Lane play next week the coach is a bigger dope than I thought he was. Simonsson is fast but has no football smarts. Sanders I'd be trying to offload to Canberra ASAP. I'd take Čotrić or Savage off their hands. I'd also buy Trey Mooney and tap Paulo on the shoulder and tell him it's over. He has been shit this year. RCG is also one I'd consider releasing but only at full freight. Next year they will be even worse and further regress.

DaveMc

Juniors
Dumbest quote this year!!!! should we continue paying the coach millions now for missing the 8?
Spot on. I actually don’t think Arthur and the coaching staff are the root cause of the problem. But they’re a very large part of the problem, and continuing to bury our heads in the sand about that is only going to make our rebuild that much harder. He needs to be done yesterday.

JokerEel

Coach
Sivo would have scored tonight if he actually was in position when Sanders throws that ball to no one...

He could have scored when he took the bomb at the end with Walsh hanging onto him..

Then once again there was a chance when Lane decided to run into the cutout ball..

Blaize had a chance to finish with 4 tries tonight had 1 taken off him dropped a ball from Sivo and at the end made they nice break should of just stepped of his left foot.

Simmonson dropped the ball over the line.
Penisini dropped the ball over the line.

Either one of you pissed off the almighty or we just have bad luck..

Eelementary

Post Whore
He was shithouse again tonight. He needs a rest or an option to leave, permanently.

I don't think his head is in the game, tbh.

I'm willing to give him the benefit of the doubt, due to the years of quality service he has given us.

But I truly think he needs to step away from footy for a bit.

JokerEel

Coach
By the way - I'm not saying I think Talagi is a bum.

I'm just saying that I don't see greatness in him at this point in time, like many other people do.

It probably suggests that I'm a shit judge of football talent, more than anything.

I clearly see he has a lot of potential.

Before tonight I thought he was just another over hyped kid..

Watched him through the grades coming through as well he was ok as a halfback moved to centre wasn't spectacular. I watched him a few weeks ago in CUP where he was full back and he was terrible at the back didn't look comfortable taking bomb and defence was nothing.

It seriously looked like a different player tonight... He should be kept at fullback until Gutho is 100% Moses will be great for him.

Eelementary

Post Whore
Defensively he was ok, but struggled with effort on effort. But yeah, he''s young, and that will improve.

Yeah, man - that's all I'm saying.

I think he's a talented kid, but I've spoken to people (not on this forum) who see him as the next coming of Hayne, or Lyon.

Thing is, with Hayne, and Lyon, it was apparent very early on in their First Grade careers that they were generational players - they just had "it".

I think Blaize Talagi is a fine player, who will only get better - but right now, personally, I can't see the "it" factor in him.

And that's ok - not even player needs to be a generational talent.

Eelementary

Post Whore
Before tonight I thought he was just another over hyped kid..

Watched him through the grades coming through as well he was ok as a halfback moved to centre wasn't spectacular. I watched him a few weeks ago in CUP where he was full back and he was terrible at the back didn't look comfortable taking bomb and defence was nothing.

It seriously looked like a different player tonight... He should be kept at fullback until Gutho is 100% Moses will be great for him.

Based off tonight, of be more than happy to have him play 1 until Gutho returns. He was very, very good.

Latest posts