What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rd10 2024: 8pm Eels v Broncos GAME DAY THREAD @ Commbank 10th May

JokerEel

Coach
If Sivo , Lussick and Lane play next week the coach is a bigger dope than I thought he was. Simonsson is fast but has no football smarts. Sanders I'd be trying to offload to Canberra ASAP. I'd take Čotrić or Savage off their hands. I'd also buy Trey Mooney and tap Paulo on the shoulder and tell him it's over. He has been shit this year. RCG is also one I'd consider releasing but only at full freight. Next year they will be even worse and further regress.

Tend to agree if Moses is fit let Sanders go Canberra and take Mooney from them..

Cotric is off contract for next year as well he isn't worth the 650 he currently is on maybe 300k but is better than Sivo..

The Predictor

Juniors
Yeah, man - that's all I'm saying.

I think he's a talented kid, but I've spoken to people (not on this forum) who see him as the next coming of Hayne, o Lyon.

Thing is, with Hayne, and Lyon, is was apparent very early on in their First Grade careers that they were generational players - they just had "it".

I think Blaize Talagi is a fine player, who will only get better - but right now, personally, I can't see the "it" factor in him.

And that's ok - not even player needs to be a generational talent.
Definitely not another Hayne, tho doesn’t have to be

Stormy36

Juniors
Again, what am I missing? This was a very poor performance. Beaten 13+ by a team without their key player (or at the very least, one of their two key players). Since when does being beaten by 16 at homenbecome an acceptable standard? This was not good. We are f**ked for the foreseeable future.
You are missing the fact we dominated the game. I hear all the sooks crying that they were missing Reynolds and we still lost 13 plus.... We were missing Moses and gutho. Our two biggest attacking weapons.

Zoso

Juniors
Again, what am I missing? This was a very poor performance. Beaten 13+ by a team without their key player (or at the very least, one of their two key players). Since when does being beaten by 16 at homenbecome an acceptable standard? This was not good. We are f**ked for the foreseeable future.
A disappointing loss, certainly but not a bad performance for most of it. Yes they were Reynolds but we were missing Gutho, Mitch, and Carty and had two rookies in our spine.
But yeah, the really disappointing thing is that if we played with that energy and intensity against the tigers, we wouldn’t be in the situation we are.

DaveMc

Juniors
You are missing the fact we dominated the game. I hear all the sooks crying that they were missing Reynolds and we still lost 13 plus.... We were missing Moses and gutho. Our two biggest attacking weapons.
Sweet as, pleased that the table accounts for Moses and Gutherson missing. That’ll be handy come the end of the year when the table is balanced.

What allowance do the Broncos get for Reynolds being out?

hineyrulz

Post Whore
In the NRL Joey Lussick has a win percentage of 37%. BA chased this guy mid season last year to be our first choice hooker. 37%. Let that sink in.
He chased him to keep the Captains wife happy.

Plus he’s no threat to Sprog Junior, no Nepotism at Parra though……….

Noise

Coach
Well f off and support someone else and stop crying like a little baby cause we lost. You need to grow a set of balls and accept a loss mate
Crying? You are the only one losing the plot at several people on the internet. Take a break champion

You are an absolute negative flog. That's all that needs to be said

Just go to bed merkin

I can at least go to sleep knowing I know more about footy than one more person in this world. Like I said before you are just an absolute flog with no idea

eel01s

Bench
We are not in the race for the top eight. Let that sink in.

Our Board needs to decide now what the next few years looks like: do we continue the downward spiral or do we do everything we can to win?

Bandwagon

Staff member
Yeah, man - that's all I'm saying.

I think he's a talented kid, but I've spoken to people (not on this forum) who see him as the next coming of Hayne, or Lyon.

Thing is, with Hayne, and Lyon, it was apparent very early on in their First Grade careers that they were generational players - they just had "it".

I think Blaize Talagi is a fine player, who will only get better - but right now, personally, I can't see the "it" factor in him.

And that's ok - not even player needs to be a generational talent.

Even as youngsters Hayne and Lyon had power when they ran, not every merkin is gonna have that.

But hey, perspective. Someone here ( can't remember who ) was advocating paying Reese Walsh 1.5m a season to get him here, compare their performance tonight.

Walsh - 2 tackles, 1 missed , 1 ineffective

Talagi- 6 tackles, 2 missed.

Talagi smoked Walsh in attack, 225m 3 line breaks, Walsh 190m, 1 LBA, 1 TA, 1 try each.

Errors were 4 - 1, Walsh's favour.

Latest posts