What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rd10 2024: 8pm Eels v Broncos GAME DAY THREAD @ Commbank 10th May

the phantom menace

First Grade
Now I AM getting annoyed that Brendan hands still isn’t out there. It annoys me to no end that he’s only put on the field when the game is already lost
He needs to be put on in the latter stages of the first half, to change things up at the scrum base. And then we get to change it up again during the second half when he comes off.

Simple... but too cmplex for this coach.

hineyrulz

Post Whore
That's well below the knees you absolute piece of shit. How dare you attack my physical nature. Mods need to ban this poster immediately. If I could walk I'd beat the shit out of you

Pete Davidson Snl GIF by Saturday Night Live

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
In the NRL Joey Lussick has a win percentage of 37%. BA chased this guy mid season last year to be our first choice hooker. 37%. Let that sink in.
His WPYSA18 is very low as well. But he is just a placeholder right now. He's what we can afford.

DaveMc

Juniors
But the coach plays Lane for a full 80mins, so I can't see him getting dropped straight up. Maybe to the bench with less minutes first?
Honestly, who gives a f**k? BA can’t work a bench rotation, why even bother?

The thing that hurts me the most is that I genuinely don’t give a shit what happens from now til the end of the season. We’re already done. What’s the point in even trying to work out what problems and how to remedy them, because our board evidently doesn’t care. It’s f**king depressing, but also entirely in keeping with being an Eels fan.

hineyrulz

Post Whore
Seriously if anyone thought that was acceptable are kidding themselves..

The effort that we delivered was the bare minimum you should expect from an NRL Side.

We butchered 4 tries and let them score 2 tries off intercepts from our mistakes.
But our Shapes were real good!!

DaveMc

Juniors
I think Brad Arthur wanted Lussick based on what happened in 2022. If he wanted the bare minimum he have stuck with Hands.
He just doesn’t value the hooker role. I said it a while ago, his entire coaching career coincided with Cameron Smith being the single most influential player who’s ever put a boot on, and still BA was/is more comfortable playing blokes like Kaysa Pritchard or Joey Lussick or Cameron King or Nathan Peats than any hooker with a shred of creativity who might actually make something work in attack. Mahoney is the obvious exception, and he was jettisoned as soon as his contract was up (and I personally don’t rate him, but he offered more in attack than any hooker for us since probably Brad Drew).

It’ll be fascinating to see how Matthew’s transition to first grade happens. I truly can’t help but feel that we’re filling the dummy half role with blokes who are absolute dogshit so that Matthew looks like a superstar the second he steps in.

Gazzamatta

Coach
He needs to be put on in the latter stages of the first half, to change things up at the scrum base. And then we get to change it up again during the second half when he comes off.

Simple... but too cmplex for this coach.
Boods and Guymer both warmed up on field with the big boys today. BA was sending a message. Expect either or both to be included in the 21 shortly.

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
There is no allowance you idiot. But take your two most influential attacking players out of any team and at times you will look lost. We created more opportunities and couldn't make the most of it. That's football
The Broncos scrambled very well. We carved them up but converting tackle breaks to tries wasn't easy. They have a great side. Very very fast.

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
Mate the problem is even with our two most influential attacking players in we still look lost under our coaching. It's f**king frustrating to watch us do crash play after crash play in the opponents 20. Merkin.
Crash plays are one of those tactics teams use to shape the defence, like kicking behind early in the count. They are about keeping the defence honest. Crash plays also work over the opposition's middle defenders, to fatigue them. James Graham used an interesting term for it in the post game: "dragging them into deep water". Fatigued middles have less juice for cover defence. It happens to us all the time, and when we win (remember that?) we have invariably done it to the opposition.

Latest posts