What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rd10 2024: 8pm Eels v Broncos GAME DAY THREAD @ Commbank 10th May

King-Gutho94

Coach
I think Brad Arthur wanted Lussick based on what happened in 2022. If he wanted the bare minimum he have stuck with Hands.
Yet someone hasn't explained to me what Hands did wrong last year.

He got a bit tired at the back end of the year like most first graders do in there first full season in the top grade.

I can't recall one bad moment where he got steamrolled in defence, made a shocking play in attack or looked completely out of his depth.

hindy111

Post Whore
The possitive was we played expansive and took the game to them. Execution was poor

Lussick and Lane need a spell in reserves. We joke about little Boods but if he is physically ready thrown him in otherwise Hands. Lussick is to slow.

They did lose their hooker early keep in mind. And at 20mins we had so much ball and nothing to show.

King-Gutho94

Coach
Yet you all want a new coach like that is going to fix everything
It won't fix everything the whole club needs fixing from top to bottom.

But you can't do that unless you change the coach.

The head coach represents everything the club sets out to achieve being the face of the club.

And the barometer for the club when it comes to making decisions from roster to playing style.

We have enough there a fresh look would do wonders for everyone. And for those players that want to jump off because BA is gone well don't let the door hit them on the way out.

lingard

Coach
Again, what am I missing? This was a very poor performance. Beaten 13+ by a team without their key player (or at the very least, one of their two key players). Since when does being beaten by 16 at homenbecome an acceptable standard? This was not good. We are f**ked for the foreseeable future.
We were without Moses, Gutherson, and Cartwright. We had a halfback and fullback with less than 5 games experience each. Come on, mate. I can't wait to get rid of Arthur, as I don't like the direction he has taken us in. But I really enjoyed last night's game.

JokerEel

Coach
Effort and Energy was good last night.
Bronx scored 2 very arsey tries..it's gonna happen. When your luck is down that's the shit that happens to you. They pounce and score but we don't. I really can't believe we didn't pressure the crap out of their halfback..
Talagi showed why people have spoken of him highly. Despite a few errors he was excellent. The footwork, the speed, the strength. He needs to stay in the team and at fullback even when guth returns. I'd be pushing guth to left centre and Russell to left wing. Sivo out and on the plane to England or France at years end.
Now for the other changes next week.
Lane, Tuilagi, Lussick, Makatoa out.
In Cartwright, Doorey, Greig and Morretti
We need some young grunt in the pack and I believe Doorey, Greig and Moretti can offer that.
Next year we need to buy 3 key players.
Hooker
Back row
Wing
Now we also need to make some tough calls for next year as well.
I'd be advising the following they are free to go.
Lane
Sivo
Lussick
Hands
Makatoa
Harper
And 1 of the following Paulo, RCG, Gutho.
We need to reshape the roster and replenish with quality youth.
If we do that that frees up over $2.5m a season...
The club can then sign 4-6 quality players

Most I agree with but Doorey & Greig no they are so unfit and not NRL quality they both should be on your free to leave list.

Not sure why Makatoa is given the bullet he does a job being a backup and cheap forward won't play if Carty is fit next week.

DaveMc

Juniors

He got a bit tired at the back end of the year like most first graders do in there first full season in the top grade.

I can't recall one bad moment where he got steamrolled in defence, made a shocking play in attack or looked completely out of his depth.
He was shocking in the Storm game at the back end of the year, there was one particular try that I recall (I think it was Hughes) where he put in zero effort.

Soto

Bench
We were without Moses, Gutherson, and Cartwright. We had a halfback and fullback with less than 5 games experience each. Come on, mate. I can't wait to get rid of Arthur, as I don't like the direction he has taken us in. But I really enjoyed last night's game.
We tried last night and we blew some chances too.
Simonsson lost the ball over line as did Penisini, Talagi knocks the ball with wide line open. If Sivo stays on the wing and bursts onto Sanders harbour Bridge pass then we go close to scoring...we weren't bad last night. Just not good enough and this what happens when a team is low on confidence.
As mentioned earlier a few tweaks to playing personnel and a bit better in dismantling the opposition and this teams fortunes change. Eg last night their debutant halfback was not put under any pressure once...we should've been shitting down his throat. He played in a dinner suit.
I don't want to harp on BA but his time is up.

yy_cheng

Coach

What about nrown in 2022 so who knows

Soto

Bench
Most I agree with but Doorey & Greig no they are so unfit and not NRL quality they both should be on your free to leave list.

Not sure why Makatoa is given the bullet he does a job being a backup and cheap forward won't play if Carty is fit next week.
I disagree on doorey and Greig.
Last year Greig was our best forward when RCG was injured and Paulo playing origin. We were winning games and he was the leader of the pack until his unfortunate lisfranc injury.
Doorey was going well until he dropped him once he signed Davey. Doorey is a good hole runner as well.
Nothing against Makatoa at all. He does a good job. Not getting any younger but bring through Guymer and get some other young blokes through or purchase young guys who can't make their teams 1st grade. Eg Trey Mooney..
Maka is already 31...he ain't getting better

JokerEel

Coach
Our first try was all setup by Blaize taking a bomb and making meter from it then getting a set restart.

Club should offer him a 5 year deal now at 300k.

lingard

Coach
Cause the attacking shape was the best we have seen this year. Defence was outstanding. In which area were we worse than Brisbane?
I agree with you about our attacking shape last night. Without Moses and Gutherson. Mmm. Interesting.

Latest posts