What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rd10 2024: 8pm Eels v Broncos GAME DAY THREAD @ Commbank 10th May

JokerEel

Coach
I disagree on doorey and Greig.
Last year Greig was our best forward when RCG was injured and Paulo playing origin. We were winning games and he was the leader of the pack until his unfortunate lisfranc injury.
Doorey was going well until he dropped him once he signed Davey. Doorey is a good hole runner as well.
Nothing against Makatoa at all. He does a good job. Not getting any younger but bring through Guymer and get some other young blokes through or purchase young guys who can't make their teams 1st grade. Eg Trey Mooney..
Maka is already 31...he ain't getting better

Mate I watched both in cup 2 weeks ago they are not first graders.

On Maka he is getting older he isn't holding up anyone coming through we only have 23 signed up for next year. If he is on a minimum contract and plays maybe 4 games I am happy with him staying it saves the idiots signing up someone from another club on double

King-Gutho94

Coach
One of mates went to the game as his fiance is a Broncos fan.

Just messaged me and goes what derro did they pull off the street last night to sing Parra is in the Tunnel before they run out.

It just goes to show how clueless our club that it got signed off as a pump up as the players run out.

84 Baby

Referee
Our first try was all setup by Blaize taking a bomb and making meter from it then getting a set restart.

Club should offer him a 5 year deal now at 300k.
No reasonable player is going to accept that. It’s not the 90s.
Knowing that Moses is his manager, we know it’ll be milked for the rest of this year

JokerEel

Coach
One of mates went to the game as his fiance is a Broncos fan.

Just messaged me and goes what derro did they pull off the street last night to sing Parra is in the Tunnel before they run out.

It just goes to show how clueless our club that it got signed off as a pump up as the players run out.

Someone on here explained it that it's a former player/official that a while ago said it and it's a recording..

It doesn't get the crowd going at all they need to get someone to rework it to get the crowd pumped up.

Give U2 a million bucks to write it 😂

JokerEel

Coach
No reasonable player is going to accept that. It’s not the 90s.
Knowing that Moses is his manager, we know it’ll be milked for the rest of this year

I agree Isaac Moses is going to use him so much now shopping him around to everyone...

I actually think Anasta is a decent player manager.

JokerEel

Coach
We had one Jon English's Song - Parra Power to Win.

There was nothing wrong with it.

Yeah I think the idiots at the club was thinking that the crowd would chant Parras in the Tunnel..

No disrespect to who ever chants it but it doesn't sound good when I heard it round 1 I asking who is getting fires for that!

Soto

Bench
Mate I watched both in cup 2 weeks ago they are not first graders.

On Maka he is getting older he isn't holding up anyone coming through we only have 23 signed up for next year. If he is on a minimum contract and plays maybe 4 games I am happy with him staying it saves the idiots signing up someone from another club on double
Fair points on all and I still maintain despite being not so good in reserves two weeks ago they have shown they are good enough in 1st grade and neither would cost a lot with lots of upside.
It's up to the club to get em fit and firing.
You look at Shawn Blore how good he's going at the Storm...some players need an opportunity and a change in luck/ fortune.

JokerEel

Coach
Fair points on all and I still maintain despite being not so good in reserves two weeks ago they have shown they are good enough in 1st grade and neither would cost a lot with lots of upside.
It's up to the club to get em fit and firing.
You look at Shawn Blore how good he's going at the Storm...some players need an opportunity and a change in luck/ fortune.

Hey I am happy to be proven wrong I was last night on Blaize.

I think though Guymer has gone past a few players now and if he has a good game this weekend should get a shot.

Guymer can be the new Temora terror!!!

Stagger eel

Staff member
Someone on here explained it that it's a former player/official that a while ago said it and it's a recording..

It doesn't get the crowd going at all they need to get someone to rework it to get the crowd pumped up.

Give U2 a million bucks to write it 😂

I blame the club for not explaining he history around the ‘parra in the tunnel’ chant prior to using it on an ongoing basis….they really dropped the ball there.

It is a tribute to former official and gear steward Denis Anderson who used to chant it for many years prior to us running out of the tunnel as a way to pump up the boys.

Denis passed away in 2019 and if I’m not mistaken have renamed the tunnel after him.

i Actually think poor ole Denis would be embarrassed by the concept of his own voice being used as a pre recorded rev up.

he was a true Parramatta man.

JokerEel

Coach
I blame the club for not explaining he history around the ‘parra in the tunnel’ chant prior to using it on an ongoing basis….they really dropped the ball there.

It is a tribute to former official and gear steward Denis Anderson who used to chant it for many years prior to us running out of the tunnel as a way to pump up the boys.

Denis passed away in 2019 and if I’m not mistaken have renamed the tunnel after him.

i Actually think poor ole Denis would be embarrassed by the concept of his own voice being used as a pre recorded rev up.

he was a true Parramatta man.

Cheers Mate..

It explains the club they do the minimum and think it will work.. There are 2 huge ass screen at the ground why not put his picture up when they do it or if the family don't want that like I said rework the words make it a chant the crowd can get behind.

Soto

Bench
It's true he on the First intercept and Sivo on the Second should have both been there to clean it up
Yes matto wasn't great there but the grading is BS. I'm not even sure he even watched the whole game with some gradings he dished out
Matto was actually apart from that very good.
He was also harsh on Penisini, Joe O and lenient on Lussick and RCG...I'm not convinced he watched the whole game saying he didn't even notice Maka on...

Soto

Bench
Cheers Mate..

It explains the club they do the minimum and think it will work.. There are 2 huge ass screen at the ground why not put his picture up when they do it or if the family don't want that like I said rework the words make it a chant the crowd can get behind.
I'm certain they did a full proper tribute to Denis a few years back and explained the whole Parras in the tunnel thing. I remember being at the ground...I don't mind it but yes ppl need to understand the significance behind it..

King-Gutho94

Coach
seriously ?

do you really thnk that that is why we lost ?
No I am not talking about the song in relation to the performance.

The players probably haven't got a clue it's being played or can hear it.

It's more about the cringe worthy song being played for the fans just before they run out.

If it's to get the crowd up and about its the complete opposite.

It sounds horrible at the ground.

Latest posts