What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rd10 2024: 8pm Eels v Broncos GAME DAY THREAD @ Commbank 10th May

Eelementary

Post Whore
I think u might scare only about 90% of the crowd lol
Lol!

I've always been a big believer that rugby league - being a physical, aggressive game - would benefit from getting people's adrenaline flowing.

Playing something fun, but inoffensive, doesn't get the adrenaline flowing as much, imo.

I was being somewhat facetious - playing Lamb Of God to pump the crowd up may spook the kids at the game, which I would hate to do.

But I do believe we need something that gets people feeling, "Yes! Let's go!"

PARRA_FAN

Coach
Just watching the replay, they looked so dangerous in attack but there was just those lapse in concentration like the knock ons, poor passing and the forward pass. They can be better but those little things they need to fix up. It seems close the line they keep going side to side and they keep persisting on the Sivo side but the Broncos kept having it covered whereas Penisini and Simonsen were unmarked a few occassions. Do they expect Sivo to beat about 5 defenders? He doesnt seem interesting anymore and doesnt defend as good. Mind you, Russell on the inside did well to cover. I cant believe he was dropped. I thought he was good last night in the centres and we should keep him in first grade. Same with Bailey. They both tried hard in attack and every run they made about 10-15m.

golfer

Juniors
Just watching the replay, they looked so dangerous in attack but there was just those lapse in concentration like the knock ons, poor passing and the forward pass. They can be better but those little things they need to fix up. It seems close the line they keep going side to side and they keep persisting on the Sivo side but the Broncos kept having it covered whereas Penisini and Simonsen were unmarked a few occassions. Do they expect Sivo to beat about 5 defenders? He doesnt seem interesting anymore and doesnt defend as good. Mind you, Russell on the inside did well to cover. I cant believe he was dropped. I thought he was good last night in the centres and we should keep him in first grade. Same with Bailey. They both tried hard in attack and every run they made about 10-15m.
I agree with this assessment on nearly every time they went to the right side we looked dangerous.

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
The saddest part of last night's game was Brisbane weren't there physically.

I felt we won the battle for 80 mins and lost by 16.

Sums up both sides when they pick up 2 loose balls and run away easily and score.

While when we did did the exact same thing Simmonson got chased down with 35m still to go.

We have no speed to take any opportunity of a half chance.
It's not that we have no speed. We were just up against the fastest side in the comp.

Bandwagon

Staff member
Not sure how it looked on tv, but at the game two of those plays to run the ball on the last was inside their 20 and i reckon it was the right call.

A kick sees Walsh attacking against a broken line of defence and who knows what that brings... by running the ball and bringing a handover at least lets our defence get set.
...and they were in the corner, where you want to be handing over the ball.

hineyrulz

Post Whore
Yes matto wasn't great there but the grading is BS. I'm not even sure he even watched the whole game with some gradings he dished out
Matto was actually apart from that very good.
He was also harsh on Penisini, Joe O and lenient on Lussick and RCG...I'm not convinced he watched the whole game saying he didn't even notice Maka on...
I thought Ruin Sims must of done the ratings.

hineyrulz

Post Whore
The tunnel is definitely named after him - if I'm not mistaken there is a sign inside.

But it doesn't make it a good chant.... the way they recorded it makes it sound like Billy Bob Thornton is delivering the lines as his character from Sling Blade. It is embarrassing....
“French fried potatoes”

Gherkin

Juniors

I actually agree with most of TCT grades..

Sivo and Paulo is spot on..
B- for Lussick? LOL
Most of the other ratings probably aren’t too far off the mark. Disagree with Matto though

PARRA_FAN

Coach
We had one Jon English's Song - Parra Power to Win.

There was nothing wrong with it.

I said in another thread whoever decided to get rid of when they run out should be sacked. Instead we have a low key version of Enter Sandman which you can barely hear and the "Parra's in the tunnel" which is repeated so much, we have our fans mocking it.

When we opened our stadium in 2019 and played the Broncos semi, the thing that stood out for me before the games was the "Parra to Win" song before they run out and when the song finished fans continued to chant "Parra, Parra". The atmopshere for both games was incredible. That song always gives me goosebumps, I wasnt a fan of the remade version at the start but I eventually liked it.

John English was a mad Parra fan, so passionate that he even wore the jersey when presented with a record label. Its really disappointing that they dont play his song.

The last time I heard it was in the 2022 Grand Final at Accor, but its not the same as playing it at home.

Eelogical

Referee
And what was the Guard of Honour about for the Eels running out? No announcement. Not a fu*king clue at the ground. Dead set its amateur hour at Commbank.
Knock it down and bring back the wooden benches from Cumberland Oval, I say. There was no need to worry about tunnels and the likes. The fans got revved up by rocking the Channel 7 broadcasting tower when Rex was in it.

Suitman

Post Whore
Knock it down and bring back the wooden benches from Cumberland Oval, I say. There was no need to worry about tunnels and the likes. The fans got revved up by rocking the Channel 7 broadcasting tower when Rex was in it.

And once trashing his Mazda RX7 parked behind the old grandstand.
Remember that? :)

eel01s

Bench
And what was the Guard of Honour about for the Eels running out? No announcement. Not a fu*king clue at the ground. Dead set its amateur hour at Commbank.
The guard was made up of members that were selected to do a stadium tour, Cumberland lounge etc. As part of it there was a bit of q and a with MON. I was told he tried to avoid most questions, but did say the club was confident Blaize will sign. Apparently the stuff before the game and half time entertainment is heavily limited to what the sponsors will allow.