What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rd10 2024: 8pm Eels v Broncos GAME DAY THREAD @ Commbank 10th May

hindy111

Post Whore
Your telling me the bunker missed the fact Mam changed his line after he passed the ball to Walsh to prevent simmonson the opportunity to run down Walsh.

He shifted 100% on purpose but it was just enough to put Simmo out of stride and not enough to penalise.
Simmonson gets bagged. He has a huge heart. Chased down plenty of guys this season. He busted 11 tackles last night. He should be signed up.

emjaycee

Coach
Gutho to No 9?
I just don't get that idea at all.
Honestly.
Don't get me wrong, I don't think its his best position but I think his days as a #1 are pretty close to being over as he has already lost speed and this latest injury isnt going to make him quicker.
Where else would he be suited to?
Too slow for centre, too small for lock, and not worth shifting Dylan for.
Besides, he would have to be a better option than Lussick right?

emjaycee

Coach
He shifted 100% on purpose but it was just enough to put Simmo out of stride and not enough to penalise.
Simmonson gets bagged. He has a huge heart. Chased down plenty of guys this season. He busted 11 tackles last night. He should be signed up.
I liked how we was developing into a centre last year, but to be honest I prefer him on the wing which is where he has played 80% of his first grade football.

Suitman

Post Whore
Don't get me wrong, I don't think its his best position but I think his days as a #1 are pretty close to being over as he has already lost speed and this latest injury isnt going to make him quicker.
Where else would he be suited to?
Too slow for centre, too small for lock, and not worth shifting Dylan for.
Besides, he would have to be a better option than Lussick right?

Retirement and a coaching role.
It is time for change.
Serious change.
How would a washed up aging injury prone fullback improve our squad being converted to a 9 which requires 2 x the work rate improve our squad?
It's no wonder we haven't won a comp for almost 40 years with thoughts like that.

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
Sivo and Gutherson in particular pick out a player to run at from kick returns. Never run between defenders. I dare say they are always chasing the collision.
Since there's rarely any real pass threat to draw defenders away, I'd say those sorts of runs are about winning the play-the-ball, or at least not losing it too badly.

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
When we announced the Lorax signing
giphy.gif

emjaycee

Coach
Retirement and a coaching role.
It is time for change.
Serious change.
How would a washed up aging injury prone fullback improve our squad being converted to a 9 which requires 2 x the work rate improve our squad?
It's no wonder we haven't won a comp for almost 40 years with thoughts like that.
Is he really injury prone though?
He has a bad knee sure, but this is his biggest injury out since 2018 I think.
And he is the most dedicated Eels player since Price, so not sure the work rate would be an issue.

Noise

Coach
Since there's rarely any real pass threat to draw defenders away, I'd say those sorts of runs are about winning the play-the-ball, or at least not losing it too badly.
Maybe, but they are definitely chasing the collision on those kick returns. They use no footwork. I reckon they would each win the play the ball more (or not lose it too badly) if they evaded / ran between 2 defenders. Gutho isn;t powerful enough to run over merkins and Sivo returns it at a snails pace into defenders so he doesn;t get quick play the balls either

Parra Pride

Referee
I liked how we was developing into a centre last year, but to be honest I prefer him on the wing which is where he has played 80% of his first grade football.
I don’t mind him in either spot, he’s just always going to be that extra guy. If we are persisting with Blaine at fullback he’s not beating either Lomax or The Penis for a centre spot, which leaves a wing and both of those should be open for contention. Ideally Sivo is sent to the glue factory, Simmonson and Russell on the wings isn’t the worst thing outside Lomax and The Penis. We just need Lomax to break the tradition of hyped signings coming here and playing shit…

TheCrowe

Juniors
The possitive was we played expansive and took the game to them. Execution was poor

Lussick and Lane need a spell in reserves. We joke about little Boods but if he is physically ready thrown him in otherwise Hands. Lussick is to slow.

They did lose their hooker early keep in mind. And at 20mins we had so much ball and nothing to show.
Smoothy is a better hooker then Walters.

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
Maybe, but they are definitely chasing the collision on those kick returns. They use no footwork. I reckon they would each win the play the ball more (or not lose it too badly) if they evaded / ran between 2 defenders. Gutho isn;t powerful enough to run over merkins and Sivo returns it at a snails pace into defenders so he doesn;t get quick play the balls either
Without late footwork they're going to be running straight at defenders because the defenders (multiple of them) are getting their bodies in front. Trying to run around them just open them up to contact from the side which will lead to being tackled facing the sideline at best, and his own tryline at worst.

Suitman

Post Whore
Is he really injury prone though?
He has a bad knee sure, but this is his biggest injury out since 2018 I think.
And he is the most dedicated Eels player since Price, so not sure the work rate would be an issue.
True.
Look, I love Gutho and his passion.
He's just seemingly getting to a stage of his career where he is not a game changer for our club.

Noise

Coach
Without late footwork they're going to be running straight at defenders
Yea so use some late footwork.
. Trying to run around them just open them up to contact from the side which will lead to being tackled facing the sideline at best, and his own tryline at worst.
Sivo faces his own tryline often. He backs into the defender a lot.
And I don’t want them running sideways , just aim between two defenders instead of at one defenders torso.