What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rd21 2023: Non Parra games

Eelogical

Referee
Except the most important one which was ours.
To be honest it's been a train wreck of a season for the most part. The positives are that Gutho has always set the staandard throughout regardless if we're being done like a dogs dinner, Penisini is improving along with Hopgood and Hands . On the other side of the coin Poolaw is regressing, Dylbags has set a new standard for f**kwittery and our ability to overcome adversity as a team is virtually non existent. At least we lead the field when it comes to suspensions....so there's that.

JokerEel

Coach
That's a big call given the form they're in.

Are they though only game they really played a good team was the Storm.. maybe us but we were not going to win up their missing players.

Beat Panfers missing Cleary..

They are on par with the Sharks for me.

Chipmunk

Coach
Are they though only game they really played a good team was the Storm.. maybe us but we were not going to win up their missing players.

Beat Panfers missing Cleary..

They are on par with the Sharks for me.
They've beaten four teams in the Top 8 in the Storm, Panthers, Souths, us since they were beaten by us without the Origin players. They've also beaten Manly at Brookvale.

You can only beat what's in front of you.

JokerEel

Coach
They've beaten four teams in the Top 8 in the Storm, Panthers, Souths, us since they were beaten by us without the Origin players. They've also beaten Manly at Brookvale.

That's great like I said only team they beat that were at full strength were the Storm

eels_fan

First Grade
Storm just becomes a must win for us next week

sharks are no chance against Penrith, so a win see’s us jump them.

it’s sharks, eels and rabbits playing for the last 2 spots in the 8.

sharks arguably have a tougher run than us.

Chipmunk

Coach
That's great like I said only team they beat that were at full strength were the Storm
Both Panthers and Souths were only missing one player, and have beaten other Top 8 teams without them.

The Storm and Souths didn't come close to them really, either did if we're being fair dinkum.

JokerEel

Coach
Storm just becomes a must win for us next week

sharks are no chance against Penrith, so a win see’s us jump them.

it’s sharks, eels and rabbits playing for the last 2 spots in the 8.

sharks arguably have a tougher run than us.

I would not rule out the Cowboys or Raiders missing or fighting to make the 8 looking at their run home.

There will be some surprising results leading to the finals.

JokerEel

Coach
Both Panthers and Souths were only missing one player, and have beaten other Top 8 teams without them.

The Storm and Souths didn't come close to them really, either did if we're being fair dinkum.

South's....

Lost to Dragons had a bye lost to Cowboys beat Warriors lost to Dogs.

Not a great measuring stick.

Panthers were without All of thier Origin players and Cleary.... And only just lost.

Chipmunk

Coach
South's....

Lost to Dragons had a bye lost to Cowboys beat Warriors lost to Dogs.

Not a great measuring stick.

Panthers were without All of thier Origin players and Cleary.... And only just lost.
Yeah, but the Cowboys wouldn't have had any Origin players either, who were pretty woeful when we played them without their Origin players too.

JokerEel

Coach
Yeah, but the Cowboys wouldn't have had any Origin players either, who were pretty woeful when we played them without their Origin players too.

Look at the team lists Panfers had Salmon at 5/8. Plays cup now..

Of course and yes you beat what's Infront of you but I don't believe their form warrants them making the 8.

Chipmunk

Coach
Look at the team lists Panfers had Salmon at 5/8. Plays cup now..

Of course and yes you beat what's Infront of you but I don't believe their form warrants them making the 8.
For them to make the Top 8, they're up against:
- Souths, who you have pointed out aren't going that well
- Sharks, who have been abysmal of late
-,Raiders, who aren't a great side, but you only have to beat what is in front of you
- Storm, who are nowhere near the team they were in past seasons
- Parra, who are just having one of those seasons.

Outside of Panthers, Broncos and Warriors, there isn't much competition in the Cowboys way (or any of those teams above if they can put it together).

The Cowboys could be half the team they were last season and still easily make the Top 8 from here. They will make the Top 8 well before we will, and there is really only 9 teams in it