What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rd23: Parra v Storm GAME DAY thread 17/8/18

T-Boon

Coach
The basic reason we had no space was that the Scum left early at every play the ball, and the refs failed to stop them. Once they realised that the rules had changed in their favour , they took full advantage.

In Bleak City there seems to be a different set of rules, how many times did they deliberately slow the ruck down and nothing. Anyway we lost, but the failure to address th line speed as they did earlier in the season, again cost us.

Looking at the recruits and a decent off season under a real conditioner, plus probably moving into a dominant half role should move us into a better season.

Again, a different set of rules last night, and the scum took advantage.

When they do that and the referees aren't pulling them up, I dont know why teams aren't training to "mankat" their defensive line. Just fake to play the ball then hold up. Do it a couple times each set. I have never seen a ref give a penalty for delay of the play the ball. It would destroy their rhythm.

Eelementary

Post Whore

Add to that the same tackle earlier. No fluke. He is a confirmed arsehole of the highest order.

giphy.gif

Ffs - that's a wrestling move. That's a f**king inverted DDT:

Chambers is a grub.

Eelementary

Post Whore
To add one more thing, if there is no suspension handed out to Chambers for probably the worst crusher tackle in at least 3 seasons, we will know that the NRL are completely clueless ( come on down Toddy Boy).

What was even more incomprehensible was the failure to put it on report, but then again it was in Melbourne and reffed by the Suttons.

The NRL are incompetent, spineless, and totally shameless.

I have no confidence in them whatsoever.

Chipmunk

Coach
To add one more thing, if there is no suspension handed out to Chambers for probably the worst crusher tackle in at least 3 seasons, we will know that the NRL are completely clueless ( come on down Toddy Boy).

What was even more incomprehensible was the failure to put it on report, but then again it was in Melbourne and reffed by the Suttons.

It was the second time he did it in the match.

Gazzamatta

Coach
Hey, I agree that Hayne Norman Moses and Salmon all went missing in the last 20 and were playing catch-up footy instead of just going for repeat sets. They all panicked and Storm scrambled like the pros that they are.

Having said that, we were paying the price of our pack being dominated for the first 60m. When Reedy went off we were rudderless. My Mum would have given better service than Stone.
Theres a line there Gronky but im not going there. That would be more disrespectful than even Poo.

Gazzamatta

Coach
The total disrespect for authority and sportmanship displayed by Munster last night MUST be dealt with. He made the league authorities look like idiots with his sin bin walk. If this is not addressed its very clear Melbourne are getting preferential treatment. It was close to the most arrogant and ridiculious effort I have ever seen on a footy field.

Noise

Coach
The total disrespect for authority and sportmanship displayed by Munster last night MUST be dealt with. He made the league authorities look like idiots with his sin bin walk. If this is not addressed its very clear Melbourne are getting preferential treatment. It was close to the most arrogant and ridiculious effort I have ever seen on a footy field.

There are a few ways to fix it; someone posted last night that for however long it takes him to get off the field that gets added on to his 10min.

Another more extreme deterrent could be they give the player say 10 sec to get off. If he is not off in the 10 sec the ref blows time on while he is still on the field and they are basically playing with an extra man - no 2 points if they win.

Gazzamatta

Coach
There are a few ways to fix it; someone posted last night that for however long it takes him to get off the field that gets added on to his 10min.

Another more extreme deterrent could be they give the player say 10 sec to get off. If he is not off in the 10 sec the ref blows time on while he is still on the field and they are basically playing with an extra man - no 2 points if they win.
Plenty of ways to fix it. You would have to agree his effort last night was the worst ever particularly when he stopped 30cm from the touch line and refused to walk over it. Disgusting.

Gary Gutful

Post Whore
I think a public flogging of Munster is the only solution.

Bellamy has to watch it happen and then we force feed Bellamy a turd for good measure.

Gazzamatta

Coach
Thought Gutho was great at centre and his defence out there was brilliant!!
Our edge defence is heaps better with the addition of Gutho and Hayne. Coreys last line tackles last week and this week on flying fullbacks were inspiring stuff.
Im still not sold on Mennings though. His passing game is diabolical and he looks very lazy at times. His defence has improved but I now see him as being totally dispensable. We need to find a better center I reckon. Kelly from Manly looks ok. Would love Scott from The Storm though. Our fitness has improved dramatically so it must have been a significant issue early. As has been the case for ages, we need better wrestle and quicker play the balls.

forward pass

Coach

Did I see Gutho pat him on the head? He should have clocked him. In fact not one player in our side came in to let him know what they thought. Fire up ffs.

Noise

Coach
Did I see Gutho pat him on the head?

He did. I like Gutho but I don't think he's captain material. The quick tap last night was dumb. I don't think refs take him seriously. It doesn't help when he shows he doesn't know the rules and is trying to tell the referee that it is a scrum from the timed out drop out .