What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rd5: LIVE game day thread EELS v Panthers

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
I originally wanted him in for Beau Scott but now I'm not sure. Our dynamic running forward Kane Evan's running stats for 2018:

Round 1: 5 runs for 51m
Round 2: 5 runs for 33m
Round 3: 5 runs for 42m

I look forward to his 5 dynamic runs this week.
He was forced to make a lot of tackles in those first two games, and didn't even play in the second half against the Sharks. Ideally he would make no more than twice as many tackles as runs, like all the other attacking forwards in the NRL - Klemmer, Paulo, Taukeiaho, etc

Noise

Coach
He was forced to make a lot of tackles in those first two games, and didn't even play in the second half against the Sharks. Ideally he would make no more than twice as many tackles as runs, like all the other attacking forwards in the NRL - Klemmer, Paulo, Taukeiaho, etc

I was more pointing out that the stats don't back up the fact that Evans is a dynamic runner for us

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
He was in round one. Obviously the three halves of footy he played after that we had no ball so you can't judge. But with near equal possession he showed his attacking ability.

Noise

Coach
He was in round one. Obviously the three halves of footy he played after that we had no ball so you can't judge. But with near equal possession he showed his attacking ability.

So you are disregarding the majority of games that don't back up your claim but are hanging onto the one game where he ran a whopping 5 times for 51m?

The stats clearly don't back up your claim that he is a dynamic runner

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
So you are disregarding the majority of games that don't back up your claim but are hanging onto the one game where he ran a whopping 5 times for 51m?

The stats clearly don't back up your claim that he is a dynamic runner
But they do. I just showed you when we have equal ball he makes good metres per carry. But if one game is a poor sample, three games isn't much better. Far better is to look back over his career so far where he proved his speed and power. Why do you think we signed him if he hadn't proved his ability to add to our team?

Noise

Coach
But they do. I just showed you when we have equal ball he makes good metres per carry. But if one game is a poor sample, three games isn't much better. Far better is to look back over his career so far where he proved his speed and power. Why do you think we signed him if he hadn't proved his ability to add to our team?

I reckon we signed him cause BA wanted a tall merkin to try and dominate in the wrestle. I don't think he is a dynamic runner at all.Have you got his stats from last year?

Gazzamatta

Coach
I guess we will find out at 3pm if BA shares your well considered thoughts.

Chipmunk

Coach
I've got to say this is the least confident I've being of us winning a game at anytime over the last 2 years.

I fear that we're planning to be aggressive in defence by getting up off our line quickly and that we're just going to continue to be penalised, as referees have done in games all season. I hope I'm wrong but I can see another 40% possession first half coming.

TheParraboy

Staff member
Under an hour to go

any one else think will put it together today and win well?

I do

Im surprisingly pretty confident, first time this yeah tbh..

hindy111

Post Whore
I originally wanted him in for Beau Scott but now I'm not sure. Our dynamic running forward Kane Evan's running stats for 2018:

Round 1: 5 runs for 51m
Round 2: 5 runs for 33m
Round 3: 5 runs for 42m

I look forward to his 5 dynamic runs this week.

Superstar destined for glory

Latest posts