What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rd9 2023: Non Parra games

Gary Gutful

Post Whore
Super Rugby

Cats Quotations GIF by Kitty Is Not A Cat

Gary Gutful

Post Whore
Been watching a bit of League on Sky in NZ. The commentators and league personalities over here are unbelievably dopey and cliched. I reckon @hindy111 has laid cables that make more Rugby league sense. Think Blocker Roach if he'd been repeatedly dropped on his head as an infant.

strider

Post Whore
Been watching a bit of League on Sky in NZ. The commentators and league personalities over here are unbelievably dopey and cliched. I reckon @hindy111 has laid cables that make more Rugby league sense. Think Blocker Roach if he'd been repeatedly dropped on his head as an infant.
It was very painful back in the day when we had to put up with the Sky crew commentating the Warriors NZ games

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
It was very painful back in the day when we had to put up with the Sky crew commentating the Warriors NZ games
Referring to every f**king player by their first name too. Stacey, Francis and Shontayne throwing the ball around ffs. What is this, the NRLW?!?

Gronk

Staff member
Good old Gus somehow claiming a Tigers win prediction over Pennys. With a straight face.

Gronk

Staff member
^^^

Gus also reckons that ANY player who is unsigned or has an option in his/her favour and wants to test the market MUST declare availability on a register and go to the highest bidder IPL style.

hindy111

Post Whore
^^^

Gus also reckons that ANY player who is unsigned or has an option in his/her favour and wants to test the market MUST declare availability on a register and go to the highest bidder IPL style.

Best thing to do is a side gets to elect 2 juniors a year once hit age of 18/19 and the others go to draft. And can't sign a proper contract untill 20.
You limit the salary for anyone under 20 to maybe 150k. If we loose the odd 18/19yld cause of this to another code so be it. I doubt we would.

King-Gutho94

Coach
Best thing to do is a side gets to elect 2 juniors a year once hit age of 18/19 and the others go to draft. And can't sign a proper contract untill 20.
You limit the salary for anyone under 20 to maybe 150k. If we loose the odd 18/19yld cause of this to another code so be it. I doubt we would.
I don't mind it but do we need a Draft though.

Committing yourself to a draft encourages tanking and a longer re-build.

Teams that re-build in the NRL are the ones that overpay players & get themselves in a salary cap mess through there own fault.