What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Re-boots/re-makes/re-imaginings...

snoozer

Bench
agree with most about the book v tv series of IT. as quint said curry was the highlight - it was good to see a literary character done well, shame about the rest of it.

what did everyone think of 'The Stand' - book v show? i wouldn't mind a decent reboot/remake of it.

i've been thinking a remake/etc of Flash (Gordon) could be interesting. make it more serious and dark.

OVP

Coach
The first look at Pennywise the Clown, played by Bill Skarsgard in the remake of Stephen King's IT.

CnRnZuWWEAErkie.jpg

T.S Quint

Coach
Prison Break was one of the most ridiculous tv shows ever made.

And I watched every single episode!

bileduct

Coach
The only show I ever bothered to stick with until the end despite thinking it was absolute nonsense was Lost.

I got halfway through season 2 of Prison Break before I'd had enough.

The 2004 remake of Battlestar Galactica was far superior (in my book) to the original 1978 version, even allowing for the unevenness of the ending.

Bit worried how the movie version that is in production will turn out.

T.S Quint

Coach
The only show I ever bothered to stick with until the end despite thinking it was absolute nonsense was Lost.

I got halfway through season 2 of Prison Break before I'd had enough.

I loved Lost, and still do.
Watched it from start to finish three times.

T.S Quint

Coach
What is everyone's thoughts on the best movie remake of an old TV show?

Mission: Impossible jumps out at me off the top of my head - the first one. The last 3 were good too, but for me the first really represented the TV show the best.

Pugzley

Ffs, trying to remake the Crow? Good f**king luck. That's just shameful. There is no way they could make a movie dark and gritty like the Crow today. Leave it be. But watch, they'll throw a massive budget at it and just ruin it.

$50 bet that studio executives would try to put it as a familymovie or even worse, a love story like twilight. :poop:

Starsky and Hutch, Lost In Space Movies were rubbish too.

The Japanese films of Star Blazers and Battle of the Planets were fairly rank, and much maligned in Japan.

The x files Movies never did much for me either.

I heard they're trying to remake The Greatest American Hero.

I did like A Team though. Silly popcorn fun. 21/22 Jump Street were a bit of a chuckle. Charlies Angels 1 not bad. 2 was shite. The Fugitive was a decent enough film. The inbetweeners films matched the tone of the show. South Park bigger etc was a riot.

Really want to see the Dad's Army remake.

And I always had a soft spot for Highway to Heaven. That redone with Chris Hemsworth in the Michael Landon role and Eric Bana or Russell Crowe as the Victor Trump role.

Last edited:

vvvrulz

Coach
Starsky and Hutch was ok, if you considered it as a goofy Ben Stiller re imagination rather than an actual remake.

Agree with the rest of that, Lost in Space and Charlies Angels 2 were abysmal.

Evil_Mush

Juniors
what did everyone think of 'The Stand' - book v show? i wouldn't mind a decent reboot/remake of it.

I remember enjoying the show, though I specifically recall when it was on TV in the mid-90s we had a powercut right at a pivotal point so we missed a chunk of storyline and when it came back on we had no idea what was going on!

I read the graphic novel series adaptation a couple of years ago, those were pretty good too, if you're into that.

I reckon it would be better as a remade TV show than movie, but given the spate of post-apocalyptic programmes & movies these past few years, it might not feel so special any more?

elyod138

Bench
The best thing about The Stand is the character development.

It would be good as a 10 part miniseries, you could possibly even expand it a bit and make several seasons out of it. I don't think it could be anything special as a movie, there's not enough time.

Latest posts