What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Re-boots/re-makes/re-imaginings...

T.S Quint

Coach
Starsky and Hutch, Lost In Space Movies were rubbish too.

The Japanese films of Star Blazers and Battle of the Planets were fairly rank, and much maligned in Japan.

The x files Movies never did much for me either.

I heard they're trying to remake The Greatest American Hero.

I did like A Team though. Silly popcorn fun. 21/22 Jump Street were a bit of a chuckle. Charlies Angels 1 not bad. 2 was shite. The Fugitive was a decent enough film. The inbetweeners films matched the tone of the show. South Park bigger etc was a riot.

Really want to see the Dad's Army remake.

And I always had a soft spot for Highway to Heaven. That redone with Chris Hemsworth in the Michael Landon role and Eric Bana or Russell Crowe as the Victor Trump role.

The Fugitive was a very good remake.
I did love The Greatest American Herotv show. I think they could do a pretty good remake, as long as they don't go too goofy with the comedy.

Generalzod

Immortal
A remake of Stephen King's It is being filmed right now.

Bill Skarsgard from Hemlock Grove is Pennywise. He also has a remarkable resemblance to Tim Curry, the original Pennywise, but Bill is much taller. He's so tall he could play slenderman easily.

Hope and pray it's good ... Tim Curry was brilliant as the original pennywise. Bill has big shoes to fill <--- get it ? Clown shoes lol. Ok I'll shut up now.
CnRnZuWWEAErkie.jpg

natheel

Coach
Not a fan of the old looking clothes. Looks like a doll.

I loved the original penny wise. He was simply a clown with sharp teeth. As a boy he was terrifying and I never walked near drains for a while after seeing that movie (I was 10)

OVP

Coach
Not a fan of the old looking clothes. Looks like a doll.

I loved the original penny wise. He was simply a clown with sharp teeth. As a boy he was terrifying and I never walked near drains for a while after seeing that movie (I was 10)

The truly scary part about Pennywise for me was the fact that while the book only documented It's killings for about 300 years, the creature was actually here on the planet since the beginning of time. So the older style clothes are definitely appropriate imo.

Btw i read a 3 year old AMA from Stephen King on reddit yesterday. Stephen King mentioned the fact that he wants to revisit a lot of his old characters. Someone asked him if he plans to revisit Pennywise and Stephen King replied "I don't think I could bear to deal with Pennywise again. Too scary, even for me." lol.

Last edited:

Pugzley

New Power Rangers reboot trailer. Looks B-Grade. Something like what Asylum would do.

elyod138

Bench
Power Rangers looks a lot better than I expected, response seems to be overwhelmingly positive so far.

bileduct

Coach
Yeah I'd watch that Power Rangers movie, and I've never been interested in Power Rangers in my life.

Timbo

Staff member
That Lethal Weapon reboot looks terrible.

And it is.

It's tonally a mess. It doesn't know if it's a sitcom or a drama. It lurches from slapstick comedy to serious looks at suicide. Wayans and Crawford can be in the same scene but it seems like they are in completely shows they're playing it so differently.

It's completely bonkers... but in the absolute best possible way.

This show epitomises the category 'so bad it's good'. I watched the first episode and proceeded to binge-watch ten in a row. It is just so completely watchable, and somehow very entertaining despite the fact that absolutely nothing about this show makes sense at all.

Watch it. Now.

veggiepatch1959

First Grade
Some of these are so dumb I bet the Hollywood numbnuts would cast the 85 year old Barbara Eden in a remake of the I Dream Of Jeannie.

Anyone remember the American remake of the 1960s classic British comedy Steptoe and Son? A f**king black version called Sanford and Son. It was the pits.

myrrh ken

First Grade
Anyone know if Big Trouble in Little China is still going ahead with the Rock?

There were murmurings about getting Russell and Carpenter involved. Still a big shame if it goes ahead. Can;t improve on the original in my book.

LESStar58

Referee
I recently read that there is a reboot of White Men Can't Jump in the works.

Wrong on so many levels.

Latest posts