What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Real Madrid C.F

Twizzle

Administrator
Staff member
no

Spanish press saying they made some ridiculously high offer recently but it originated from Marca media

boxhead

First Grade
Winger or second striker/attacking midfield aren't positions they really need filled. Bale may go there in a few years, but I'm not sure he will be as big a success as many tip him to be.

boxhead

First Grade
Beats me, I haven't watched them outside of the UCL since ESPN lost the La Liga rights. Aren't Spurs linked to him or something?

Coentrao is garbage. Their entire defensive line is garbage save for Varane who looks the goods.

How greatly will Madrid benefit from signing Gareth Bale?

They won't at all besides selling his jersey in Asia which is usually a high priority for the Franco's tbh

They've scored over 100 goals each season for about the las 5 seasons they don't need Bale.

Twizzle

Administrator
Staff member
Beats me, I haven't watched them outside of the UCL since ESPN lost the La Liga rights. Aren't Spurs linked to him or something?

yeh but he is bloody expensive, never seen him play

Coentrao is garbage. Their entire defensive line is garbage save for Varane who looks the goods.

dont think anyone else agrees with you as he seems to be keenly sought after

Twizzle

Administrator
Staff member
they aint,

he wants out as he is behind Marcelo in the pecking order, it seems they prefer attacking backs who play like wingers and dont care too much about defence

he has asked for a release and there are a few teams after him and we are currently talking to him but they want €15mill for him, thats alot for a LB

Helmet Man

Juniors
Suarez's dream is to play for Real Madrid. I think the club should really take advantage of this. Suarez is a complete striker and would be much better than Benzema imo.

Our defence needs to be sorted out first though.

StGeorgeBull

Juniors
How does this club explain choosing Benzema ahead of Higuain and spending tens of millons to replace Ozil with Bale. They have given another league title to Barcelona and spent millions to do it. And if Arsenal keep their form up Madrid will be responsible for a second club winning a title.

Helmet Man

Juniors
Rumours are around that Madrid are keen on signing either Sergio Aguero, David Silva, Falcao or Suarez during the January transfer window. Any one of these players would be good signings. I love David Silva and he is a class player but i have no idea why Madrid are trying to buy him. We already have a surplus of midfielders and now we wanna add another one.

If Silva comes in who will get kicked off? Isco our brightest prospect? Modric who is in fine form atm? Di Maria who is in career best form? Bale who we signed on a world record transfer fee? Or Ronaldo, one of the world's best footballer?

I just don't get it. I thought the whole point of selling Ozil was to fund Bale's transfer fee. But now we are buying a very similar to Ozil in Silva, and could ultimately pay more for Silva than we did to sell Ozil. Whatever the management did with Ozil it just doesn't make sense anymore. I just can't comprehend anything. All i see is stupidity. So frustrating.

But any one of Aguero, Suarez and Falcao would be great signings.

Helmet Man

Juniors
Indeed Di María is so important to Ancelotti that he revealed that he was happy to let Mesut Özil depart for Arsenal. “It was a technical decision. I preferred to have Di María. He has less quality than Özil, but for his character and help he gives the team, I wanted him.
“With the arrival of Bale, I thought it more important to have Di María than Özil, looking at the team’s overall balance.”

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/fo...e-against-rivals-Barcelona-in-El-Clasico.html

His gamble i guess seems to be paying off. Di Maria has been in outstanding form. But Ozil has also been in outstanding form. Is it utter stupidity to get rid off Ozil and keep Di Maria or pure genius i do not know.

Helmet Man

Juniors
Rumours going around that Real Madrid are eyeing Suarez AND Coutinho. If those two left then Liverpool would be in shambles... so i doubt Madrid would get both of them. Suarez has been unbelievable so far this season. I would definitely want him at the Bernabeu and i think he has a good shot at coming if Real Madrid up the transfer fee by quite a bit. I like Benzema but i just think he no where in terms of what Suarez can do. Benzema has a tendency to drift out of games and not have that vision but Suarez is so agile, versatile and quick on his feet. He is a very complete striker and if you pair him up with Ronaldo and Bale up front i say it is probably the most dynamic and threatening attacking trio in world football. Not only that, him and Isco would work so well together.

Last edited:

Helmet Man

Juniors
Not too fussed about the draw. Sure it was a weak team but we were playing without half our team. On top of that we had two inexperienced youngsters up front in Morata and Jese. I think Isco is a superstar of the future. Played a brilliant game. He single handedly ripped the whole defensive line and played a point point pass to Morata. Morata one on one with the keeper f**ked it up. Isco has that Ozil touch, Messi's dribbling and Aguero's finishing all in one. One thing to note wen Di Maria was subbed off he looked pissed as hell. Definitely not happy with his situation at Real Madrid.

Latest posts