What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Reds look to improve for next year

Perth Red

Post Whore
from WA Reds

Date: 17/08/2008Thank You North Beach, Rockingham & Our Reds Members

Congratulations to everyone involved with those two Clubs who put their hands up, and please know that your support is appreciated as the Reds take their games to the fans.

2008 has been a tough year with a lot of lessons learnt both on and off the field and one area we have battled is in having enough volunteers and resources from week to week. The past two home games have seen an amazing level of support from our WARL Clubs and we are confident that this will be mirrored again with the South Perth Club next weekend.

For all of our Reds Members who have embraced the initiative and who have sent dozens of emails of support, we would also like to say “Thank You”. We appreciate your support and promise you that it will be rewarded more and more as we adjust to the demands of travel and organising the Reds on a week to week basis.

Most of our people, myself included, are volunteers who have jobs or businesses that take up our time so the Reds and the WARL are really unpaid second jobs to many of us with our only payment being the satisfaction of seeing the team run out and play each week (which is great payment by the way).

For the couple of hundred dollars investment made I trust that our Members have received at least that and hopefully more in $ value for the 11 games of Jim Beam Cup this season. I know I have certainly enjoyed it and, like those dozens of people who send emails, I too am in for the long haul!

Next year we expect to have a couple more salaried staff focused on looking after our members and our sponsors so please “maintain the faith” and know that you are appreciated.

Geoff Baldwin
Chairman.

Perth Red

Post Whore
Whilst its nice to be appreciated I must admit to still feeling let down by the club this year and whilst I will put it down to new club teething problems I can't see me taking out memberships again next season.

Nuke

Staff member
I'm probably not likely to renew mine, but that's due to external factors. I dunno. I'd like to, but I will be having to cut back a lot of my spending next year in particular, and this would unfortunately be high on the list of things to forego. I will still attend as many games as I can (I only missed 1 and 3quarter games this season ... due to Joondalup duties) though.

Still, you never know, I may still renew it, so I guess I'll just have to wait and see what happens!

westie

Bench
Ignoring financial difficulties which are understandable... How can the Reds expect to succeed if the people who are meant to be their most ardent fans won't even support them?

joondalup_giant

Staff member
ill be getting a season membership next year 4 myself and girl friend, i dont care where they play as long as there playing!

bazza

Immortal
Next year, would it be a good idea to play one game at each of the WARL clubs and the rest at MES?
It is a shame that MES won't allow more than one game to be played

joondalup_giant

Staff member
yep, or even just not use MES all together.

its a great ground but i just dont think its suited to the level of competition were playing.

having the games at local grounds with a "carnival" type atmosphere is the way to go

Perth Red

Post Whore
Ignoring financial difficulties which are understandable... How can the Reds expect to succeed if the people who are meant to be their most ardent fans won't even support them?

Mine isn't based on financial issues its based on feeling that I've not had good value for money out of the membership. I have spent over $1500 on the Reds this year so feel that I have shown them plenty of support.

However the season memberships have actually cost more than if I had just paid at the gate, not to mention I was sold a season membership for MES and then to have that not honoured with no consultation is very bad business imo.

I will attend all the games next year if they are at MES but will only go to the nth beach and Sth perth games if they are held at WARL clubs, no way I would drive down to Rockingham to pay $15 to sit with that view again!

You will get no bigger fan of the Reds than me but I refuse to be ripped off by anyone!

joondalup_giant

Staff member
yea doubt i'd head down 2 rockingham just 4 the reds again.

PR u would come the arena if they had the games there?

Nuke

Staff member
If I weren't to renew my membership, it would completely be a financial one. I suppose the value for my buck would also play a large part in my decision. If, like this season, the price of paying at the gate is cheaper than a season pass, and there isn't enough extras to make it justified, then I will skip the membership and just pay on the day I think.

Alehana

Juniors
well i dont regrett getting membership this yr, i regrett having work on weekend nights, but this yr, i finally felt the hardships of financial life of a student, so if i dont renew my membership it will purely be a financial one, hahah, uni students r so poor. i'll stilll try and get along to games.

b0rt

Juniors
well i dont regrett getting membership this yr, i regrett having work on weekend nights, but this yr, i finally felt the hardships of financial life of a student, so if i dont renew my membership it will purely be a financial one, hahah, uni students r so poor. i'll stilll try and get along to games.
so true :(

joondalup_giant

Staff member
i definitly think they need 2 try and build more value in there memberships, a good example is the broncos membership i signed up 4 this year, cost me $35 i got a flag, stick, key tag, key chain & a years subscriction to the magazine "bronco". how goods that all for just $35! its obviously not a season pass type membership but i feel i definitly got my money's worth.

b0rt

Juniors
i definitly think they need 2 try and build more value in there memberships, a good example is the broncos membership i signed up 4 this year, cost me $35 i got a flag, stick, key tag, key chain & a years subscriction to the magazine "bronco". how goods that all for just $35! its obviously not a season pass type membership but i feel i definitly got my money's worth.
i assume you will be at our grandfinal then since your a member? i didnt even know we had members!
:lol:

Last edited:

westie

Bench
Mine isn't based on financial issues its based on feeling that I've not had good value for money out of the membership. I have spent over $1500 on the Reds this year so feel that I have shown them plenty of support.

However the season memberships have actually cost more than if I had just paid at the gate, not to mention I was sold a season membership for MES and then to have that not honoured with no consultation is very bad business imo.

I will attend all the games next year if they are at MES but will only go to the nth beach and Sth perth games if they are held at WARL clubs, no way I would drive down to Rockingham to pay $15 to sit with that view again!

You will get no bigger fan of the Reds than me but I refuse to be ripped off by anyone!

I understand what you're saying. But if everyone takes your attitiude then the Reds fail and you really have wasted your money.

joondalup_giant

Staff member
i assume you will be at our grandfinal then since your a member? i didnt even know we had members!
:lol:

haha actually i will be there....sadly ill prolly be payin 5 buck 2 get in though! hope tony told u guys get on the piss AFTER the game and NOT before

Whilst its nice to be appreciated I must admit to still feeling let down by the club this year and whilst I will put it down to new club teething problems I can't see me taking out memberships again next season.

Have a bit of loyalty - they are largely a part-time administration in their first year of operation. They made a mistake with the MES thing... so what? My club lets me down every single year in some way it's what being a supporter is about...

If someone like you isn't renewing then I say we should start writing the Reds' second epitaph now... not writing letters to Gallop asking for a team there.

Latest posts