What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Reynolds out for 4 weeks.

Travitoh

First Grade
I probably side towards Kelly being round one. We've spent all pre season preparing for round one that shuffling the pack would make all those months pointless

Rabbit toes

First Grade
I probably side towards Kelly being round one. We've spent all pre season preparing for round one that shuffling the pack would make all those months pointless
Exactly. The forwards look settled with Farah steering the ship. To move everyone around just creates confusion.

doyen

Bench
Many on here have been showing over-confidence for this Tiger's game,I reckon--remember that the Tigers thumped Sths in both matches last season--30-22 & 30-14 with their halves & Tedesco on fire;I think both at ANZ!

I don't think Farah should move away from hooker-----the only true half available is Kelly---he is an organising type so should manage OK!!
JS to 5/8 could occur but it shouldn't!!!
We now have to rely on Robbie to do his stuff from his best posse--he will be aware of the Tiges strengths & weaknesses & hopefully can exploit the latter!

Last edited:

callmack1

Staff member
Terrible, terrible news not only for us, but for Adam as well. I have had a very severe case of Appendicitis in the past which almost killed me so I know how it feels.

Reyno just can't catch a break at the moment.

I was leaning towards moving Sutto into the halves but on second thoughts I would put Kelly there. He may not be the best but imo he is solid and can control a team well. He still has a good kicking game and is a similar style half to Reynolds, I think that's why Madge wanted him.

Farah must stay at Hooker, his kicking game will take pressure off the halves and he was brilliant in the Charity Shield.

I think we will be okay. He should only miss three games and it could possibly be less depending on the severity.

While some teams we play are good, we don't face a real quality side for those first three games anyway.

It will be interesting but I still can't wait, we are 1 week away now!! Counting down the days! Bring it on!!

Souths Till I Die

First Grade
Many on here have been showing over-confidence for this Tiger's game,I reckon--remember that the Tigers thumped Sths in both matches last season--30-22 & 30-14 with their halves & Tedesco on fire;I think both at ANZ!

I don't think Farah should move away from hooker-----the only true half available is Kelly---he is an organising type so should manage OK!!
JS to 5/8 could occur but it shouldn't!!!
We now have to rely on Robbie to do his stuff from his best posse--he will be aware of the Tiges strengths & weaknesses & hopefully can exploit the latter!
Doyen this is a serious problem. We struggle majorly without Reynolds. Our team relies way too much on his kicking game to relieve pressure. It's time for our forwards to step up and prove that they're worth the money they're on and make some metres. Same as our backs. I don't want JS or Kelly at 5/8th but surely you can see JS moving to 5/8th is the safest option? But I guess Kelly could be okay as well. I honestly think this is the worst thing that could of happened to us. Any other player could be replaced a lot easier maybe except for GI or Sam

Last edited:

callmack1

Staff member
Doyen this is a serious problem. We struggle majorly without Reynolds. Our team relies way too much on his kicking game to relieve pressure. It's time for our forwards to step up and prove that they're worth the money they're on and make some metres. Same as our backs. I don't want JS or Kelly at 5/8th but surely you can see JS moving to 5/8th is the safest option? But I guess Kelly could be okay as well. I honestly think this is the worst thing that could of happened to us. Any other player could be replaced a lot easier maybe except for GI or Sam
I think it's fortunate it happened now. Imagine if it was later in the season.

doyen

Bench
Doyen this is a serious problem. We struggle majorly without Reynolds. Our team relies way too much on his kicking game to relieve pressure. It's time for our forwards to step up and prove that they're worth the money they're on and make some metres. Same as our backs. I don't want JS or Kelly at 5/8th but surely you can see JS moving to 5/8th is the safest option? But I guess Kelly could be okay as well. I honestly think this is the worst thing that could of happened to us. Any other player could be replaced a lot easier maybe except for GI or Sam[/

Kelly is a No.7 ---he has,from reports,a good kicking game & is a well-organised player in general.

I assume he was signed to cover injury to AR so one would think he would be the number one option!!

I don't know how safe an option JS would be at 5/8 after spending the last season or two in the backrow. Guys like Moses & Brooks could have a field day exploiting him.

Souths Till I Die

First Grade
I just found out! f**k!

Whilst Reynolds is out, I think we should have Farah at halfback, and Cook at hooker. Cody to stay at five eighth.

Nah it would make no sense to put a hooker at half now after all the pre season training as most people have stated. It'll have to be JS or Kelly. But I don't know which is the better of two evils?

alien

Referee
Nah it would make no sense to put a hooker at half now after all the pre season training as most people have stated.
Yeah but since we have a good backup hooker in Cook, and that Farah is ok at halfback, Madge could choose to do what I said. At least we have a few options, but which ever way Madge goes, our kicking game probably won't be as good.

Shocking timing Ren! Lol.

foreverinourshadow

First Grade
Yep Sutton to 6 to help control the game and walker to 7 ( which is natural to him)
We need Robbie at 9 rolling the big pack down the ground and scheming and pressuring making the right choices
I can't see how some want him at 7
Why weaken a second position to cover for Reynolds that's just not making sense
Cook stays off bench

i completely agree with BR

southsport

First Grade
I just found out! f**k!

Whilst Reynolds is out, I think we should have Farah at halfback, and Cook at hooker. Cody to stay at five eighth.

That's what I thought also, but it's been said elsewhere that Cook has been halfback at training this week and Goodwin has been on the wing instead of Burns.

southsport

First Grade
Then it looks more and more likely that talakai is going to be in the first 17.

Yes, it's looking that way and I'm quite happy about that, but I think the team is still undecided with a source from within the club saying that Luke Kelly will be playing halfback, wait and see I guess.