What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Ricky Stuart to Canberra - Done Deal.

shiznit

Coach
The problem I have is what happens if he signs a guy like Reni Maitua...

He released him at Parra and could potentially pick him up at Canberra...

shiznit

Coach
Like I said in the other thread...

How bad will it look if he signs some of the players he let go at Parra...

KeepingTheFaith

Referee
Day 1 Milford should walk up to him and say "I've got a get out clause, I want to leave." Won't happen but would love to see Stuart's response.

macnaz

Staff member
Just days ago " No I haven't even spoken to anyone at Canberra, why would I . I have a contract here " What a filthy lying merkin !!!!

Glen

Bench
Just days ago " No I haven't even spoken to anyone at Canberra, why would I . I have a contract here " What a filthy lying merkin !!!!
The way he kept carefully repeating that line was pretty obvious. Seemed like it meant "I haven't spoken to Canberra yet (but my manager has pretty much locked away the deal)"

Raider_69

Post Whore
Canberra fans happy about this?

IMO we could have done better. Hit the club identified him as our man and when out and got him. I don't hate it and he gets a clean slate and my fill support until such time as he proves to be not up to the task but I wasn't a fan of his work thus far. That being said whilst we could have done better, we certainly could have done worse too. And his style might be just what we need.

Welcome home Stick. Good luck.

Also I think its a dog act on Parramatta. I feel for them. Even if they are happy to get rid of him, they need stability. Another new coach now and maybe some recruits move on leaving them in far worse shape. That's pretty f**ked imo.

nrlnrl

First Grade
Henry the favourite to replace Stuart according to Sunrise.

The irony!

until the Cowboys are eliminated or win the comp there won't be any announcement - could be a distraction for him heading into finals or did he already have something in place ?

Eels or Dragons ?

skeepe

Immortal
I like the appointment. I think Stuart is very under-rated as a coach. Nobody could have done any better with that Eels side. Stuart had them primed to start the season, didnt they beat the Warriors by 40 points in round 1?

I agree that he has treated the Eels poorly, but I hate the Eels so that makes it even better in my opinion.