What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rising Rabbitohs star Kirisome Auva'a in court after bashing a woman after a wedding

muzby

Village Idiot
Staff member
he got the sentence that he deserved, and he has completed that sentence and done what the nrl told him to do. time to move on

we know what sentence he got, that's not in question..

the question i'm asking is do souths fans think this sentence meant that he got off lightly? cause i don't think i'm out of place by saying that the vast majority of people think so..

but it seems like you don't..

alien

Referee
we know what sentence he got, that's not in question..

the question i'm asking is do souths fans think this sentence meant that he got off lightly? cause i don't think i'm out of place by saying that the vast majority of people think so..

but it seems like you don't..

i am saying the sentence he got was about right.

alien

Referee
i do have a question though. if she was beaten as badly as some are saying, then why didn't he get into more trouble with the law, like being sent to jail???

muzby

Village Idiot
Staff member
i am saying the sentence he got was about right.

so let's take off auva'a's red & green jersey.. so he's just some guy who doesn't play for the team you support.. and let's replace his ex girlfriend with your mum or sister..

but let's keep his actions exactly the same..

is the sentence still fair?

i do have a question though. if she was beaten as badly as some are saying, then why didn't he get into more trouble with the law, like being sent to jail???

not everyone who gets convicted gets sent to jail...

just have a look at the scumbag that DKOR put up as his posterboy for domestic violence.. didn't go to jail , but yet still repeated the act a further two times...

DJShaksta

First Grade
Media experts at the end of last year were saying it's about right too.

Oh well hold the fuggen phone!
Thank god the media experts agreed!
FMD.

Auva'a is a piece of shit and I hope he gets hit with a cement truck. That would be "about right"

POPEYE

Coach
There are thousands of brain dead f**kwits who bring Pitbulls into their homes with children, should be a cull where all are destroyed on sight because the death of one child is too big a price. If the public do little about that in comparison I don't give a shit that a brain dead individual is allowed to supply a little mongrel to Souths

DiegoNT

First Grade
Personally I'd have thought Auva should of went to jail and should of had a longer suspension, but the people in the courts, the judges, the lawyers, the people involved with the nrl and Souths are a lot better qualified than me to make that call.

something i haven't noticed here (and i hope to god that i am proven wrong) is rabbitohs fans who agree that auva'a got off lightly & should have copped a harsher sentence...

betcats

Referee
There are thousands of brain dead f**kwits who bring Pitbulls into their homes with children, should be a cull where all are destroyed on sight because the death of one child is too big a price. If the public do little about that in comparison I don't give a shit that a brain dead individual is allowed to supply a little mongrel to Souths

There should be a cull on people calling for culls.

BranVan3000

Coach
something i haven't noticed here (and i hope to god that i am proven wrong) is rabbitohs fans who agree that auva'a got off lightly & should have copped a harsher sentence...

Seeing as he copped it harsher from the NRL than Packer did I would say no

muzby

Village Idiot
Staff member
come on bran.. i'm waiting..

980x.jpg

mxlegend99

Referee
Seeing as he copped it harsher from the NRL than Packer did I would say no
How has he copped it harder? Packer will have missed 2 full seasons atleast.

Auva'a was allowed to play in a grand final last year and will be in one again if Souths make it this year. He missed 9 months of NRL. But his ban is conveniently through regular season matches and allows him to play the big games.

Both players have copped ridiculously light sentences for their crimes. I think Packer should have been banned for life and I think Auva'a should be out for a minimum of two years. Ideally we would crack down and have zero tolerance for domestic violence though. Banning him for life also.

How is assaulting a player assaulting a woman not a worse crime than a fan assaulting another fan? If the fan cops a 10 year ban, the guy is the position to be a role model deserves more for a worse crime.

alien

Referee
How is a player assaulting a woman not a worse crime than a fan assaulting another fan? If the fan cops a 10 year ban

a worse crime??? both crimes had some one assaulted. the fan who broke the law can still watch his team play on tv, whereas the other is someone's job. not being able to do your chosen profession for 10 years is a harsher punishment than a fan not allowed to go to their club's rugby league matches for 10 years. the nrl just needs to be consistent with incidents like auva'a's. were the threads of other incidents like this, this long???