What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rnd 18 Eels v Knights Game Day Thread.

Gazzamatta

Coach
Probably tried to get a jump on the rest of the competition, no pun intended
Thats a pun. Dont deny it. I liked it though.
I wonder what the story was with his appointment?
Did we punt The Cougar?
Did The Cougar run and if so why?
Was the AFL guy cheap?
Was he a mate of someone within the club?
We seriously look under conditioned this season although its had to discriminate between lethargy/effort/attitude and fitness.

Obscene Assassin

First Grade
Thats a pun. Dont deny it. I liked it though.
I wonder what the story was with his appointment?
Did we punt The Cougar?
Did The Cougar run and if so why?
Was the AFL guy cheap?
Was he a mate of someone within the club?
We seriously look under conditioned this season although its had to discriminate between lethargy/effort/attitude and fitness.

It was definitely a pun, I just didn't realise until after I wrote it.
I think Palmer got a better offer from the tigers.

I believe that BA thought that his style of conditioning would work for the NRL. It hasn't and we've brought in a trainer who has more experience in strength and conditioning in the NRL. Sometimes you have to experiment and try out new things to get a competitive advantage. The wrestling techniques were once an experiment and they happened to work out. Only playing with one marker was an experiment that didn't work out. It appears we've learned from our mistake and have moved on.

Bazal

Post Whore

I believe that BA thought that his style of conditioning would work for the NRL. It hasn't and we've brought in a trainer who has more experience in strength and conditioning in the NRL. Sometimes you have to experiment and try out new things to get a competitive advantage. The wrestling techniques were once an experiment and they happened to work out. Only playing with one marker was an experiment that didn't work out. It appears we've learned from our mistake and have moved on.

That's not f**ken good enough f**ken!!

Someone needs to be publicly f**ken lynched!!

forward pass

Coach

At least something like the one marker experiment or wrestling is something you can change quickly if it doesn't work. Experimenting with a different type of trainer and totally different training techniques for an entire off season is a massive, massive gamble. That is not something you can change quickly if it fails. You lose a whole season. Why would any coach take that sort of gamble?

84 Baby

Referee

Mistakes are just excuses wrapped up in sycophancy by BA apologists. Club should have known that it was a failure before the season started and sacked him before round 1! And then used the money we didn't pay AFL guy to sign Bromwich, Korisau, Isaako & Hetherington!

Obscene Assassin

First Grade
At least something like the one marker experiment or wrestling is something you can change quickly if it doesn't work. Experimenting with a different type of trainer and totally different training techniques for an entire off season is a massive, massive gamble. That is not something you can change quickly if it fails. You lose a whole season. Why would any coach take that sort of gamble?

As I said in a previous comment, to try and get a competitive advantage over the opposition. The bigger the risk, the bigger the reward but also the bigger the fall as we've seen. There's probably been more experiments over the years but those are the only 2 that sprung to mind when thinking about taking risks.

Obscene Assassin

First Grade
Mistakes are just excuses wrapped up in sycophancy by BA apologists. Club should have known that it was a failure before the season started and sacked him before round 1! And then used the money we didn't pay AFL guy to sign Bromwich, Korisau, Isaako & Hetherington!

FFS We should've also signed Payne Haas, David Fifita, and Kalyn Ponga 25 years ago.

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
Because no proven trainer was available?

T-Boon

Coach
I believe that BA thought that his style of conditioning would work for the NRL. It hasn't and we've brought in a trainer who has more experience in strength and conditioning in the NRL.

Have we replaced the AFL guy?
I would have liked to have been there for that with my sling shot.

Parra Cheeses

Juniors
Why did we think AFL guy would be a good idea...

Seeing as though we are in the Game day thread, If it was any other winger going for that try Bevan had disallowed they would have dived up through the air and keep feet away from ground.. Bevan has the ability just isnt being coached correctly..
Bevan is a myth. I can't see him making a career out of rugby league.

Happy MEel

First Grade
I must say, some of the quotes on the AFL merkin’s Instagram page are interesting to say the least...