What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rnd 4 vs Sharks Game Day Thread

Happy MEel

First Grade
Arthur needs to revoke every forward's licence to pass and offload in our half. It is now blatantly obvious that we're incapable of being selective about it so it's time they toughen up, tuck the ball under their arm, make good metres and complete. We were our own worst enemy and deserved the loss. We also looked terrible in attack.

Joshuatheeel

Staff member
I think you've got to give the standard of the opponent some credit. Their defence was pretty good. But having said that our attack didn't worry them much.

Sharks are a shadow of their 2016 form, we complete our sets at around 85-90 % and we win tonight!! Just didn't build any pressure!!

Sharks of last year put 40-50 points on us tonight.

Bazal

Post Whore
Brown made around 110 metres and 40 tackles, he was the least of our problems............

He was a bit loose tonight, but he was ok. Bortman has just selected him as his latest irrational scapegoat. Hayne, Mannah, Brown....he's in esteemed company

Joshuatheeel

Staff member
Really don't think Kaysa was that bad. Hookers are always going to miss a few in the middle due to their size. And he stopped plenty of their big men!! The only error I can recall was from the scrum late in the second half.

A few times tonight, there wasn't really a runner ready putting a lot of pressure on Kaysa to make the right decision.

Tonight came down to ball control, and not sure another hooker will automatically fix that.

Last edited:

whall15

Coach
Stating the obvious here but we need to bring in a new half and hooker next year. I like Gutho, and we need to find a spot for him at centre but we need another organising option.

Joshuatheeel

Staff member
Anyhow we are complaining about the refs, I reckon there biggest f**k up was late in the first half where Gutherson made a break and gave it to French. And pretty sure it was Gallen who stopped us getting a quick play the ball.

That should have been 10 in the bin!! Disgusting decision!!

bartman

Immortal
He was a bit loose tonight, but he was ok. Bortman has just selected him as his latest irrational scapegoat. Hayne, Mannah, Brown....he's in esteemed company
Lol, I gave him three points last week... and might do so again.

No idea what you're rambling about!

Chipmunk

Coach
Sharks are a shadow of their 2016 form, we complete our sets at around 85-90 % and we win tonight!! Just didn't build any pressure!!

Sharks of last year put 40-50 points on us tonight.

I'd agree the Sharks arent anywhere near the team they were last year.

Their defence was spot on tonight though and they moved up and put pressure on our attack all night.

Our lack of ball control didn't help matters, but some of that can partially be put down to their attitude in defence.

Fanbase

Juniors
bahahaha, last week eels were awful against massively under strength titts team, this week eels offered nothing, looked unorganised and no ideas. Eel's in trouble mark my works idiots.