What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Ron Massey Cup / Sydney Shield 2017

@footyfeverforever the ladders posted were from prior to Round 23 - updated ladders below.

RMC - each team will finish having played 18 games across the 25 rounds. St Mary's are more or less minor premiers unless Wenty can record two massive massive wins.

The eight is decided apart from positioning 3rd-8th.

View attachment 14834

Shield - each team will finish having played 22 games across the 25 rounds. BWSE are a *very* outside chance of eighth but would need two big big results themselves. Minor prem wide open between Mounties and Saints with Mounties in the box seat on F/A.

View attachment 14833

As for the finals structure, the good folk at NSWRL advise that RMC, SS and ISP are all top eight same as the NRL.

DOH! Sorry about that @Timmah and thank you for clarifying! :thumbsup_tone1:

Timmah

LeagueUnlimited News Editor
Staff member
No drama @footyfeverforever

Here are the ladders with one round left now!

RMC

DHp61eNUQAAqz-O.jpg:large

Saints and Wenty locked in as 1st and 2nd, Hills, Guildford and Mounties all battling for 3-5. The lower of these three will play BWSE in Week one, while Auburn v Wolves is the other elimination final.

Shield

DHpygBEUIAA_228.jpg

Minor prem race still on here. Whoever finishes lower will play Wenty. Asquith and ECE battling for fourth, although Guildford still a chance given their great F/A. Belrose and Cabra are locked in 7th and 8th.

It was interesting watching their SS side (same day as RM v Auburn), not too dirty apart from one absolute moron #18 who was an average player at best but relished in the filth. But one the field they did not stop whinging and it was obvious why, their coach ( I am assuming it was) never shut up whinging about every single call the referee made, right or wrong.

But your post leads me to what I saw at Cabra today, They were very dirty. Not all, their big hard working props played hard but fair as did a couple of others But there were some more intent on being thugs So much so I was questioning whether Cabra had signed a new deal with Melbourne. But it went beyond the head and the neck, to the fullback with a very dubious history punching players while they were held in tackles
The funniest was the #16 who couldn't tackle trying to bait the Moorebank 5/8 who then turned tail and ran to the edge when the Props gave a bit of lip back to him

Don't know if you stayed for the RMC game at Cabra yesterday too (Cabra vs Auburn) but your post about the FB reminded me of Auburns RMC FB and his enormous ego which can be so costly for his team at times!
So very early in yesterday's game he was taking the ball to the line and stopping short to pepper the defence like he was playing a game of touch footy!! He'd cockily instigate a fend off on a defender to push himself backwards so he could move in and pepper the defence with the same shit all over again!! By the time he's stuffed around the play the halves had called is no longer on and it becomes a wasted tackle!! In saying that he did stop doing it once he gave away a penalty doing it!! :rolling_eyes::joy:

Egotistic, selfish crap like this and deliberate dirty play as discussed previously are on opposite ends of the spectrum but at the same time neither arr within the spirit of the game and neither make for good, quality footy whether you're out there playing footy or on the sidelines supporting!!

Then later in the game the FB busted through the line and was heading for an open try line and he should've scored untouched under the posts ..... BUT NOOO instead he chooses to try and pass a specky flick pass backwards to his supporting team mate, who was well covered by chasing defenders, and was tackled as soon as he caught the ball!! :flushed::thinking::punch_tone1::joy:

Don't get me wrong I love seeing a bit of arrogance in a player in backing himself its a good thing, especially when it creates something special, but I have no doubt that this FB has enough ego for everyone in RMC and then some!!
:joy::joy::joy::joy::joy::joy::joy::joy::joy::joy::joy:

rightleftin

Juniors
No drama @footyfeverforever

Here are the ladders with one round left now!

RMC

DHp61eNUQAAqz-O.jpg:large

Saints and Wenty locked in as 1st and 2nd, Hills, Guildford and Mounties all battling for 3-5. The lower of these three will play BWSE in Week one, while Auburn v Wolves is the other elimination final.

Shield

DHpygBEUIAA_228.jpg

Minor prem race still on here. Whoever finishes lower will play Wenty. Asquith and ECE battling for fourth, although Guildford still a chance given their great F/A. Belrose and Cabra are locked in 7th and 8th.

There is something wrong with the Asquith figures - the NSWRL has 632 points scored and 482 against. You seem to be missing 38-0 for the forfeit by Moorebank whereas NSWRL has not inserted 38-0 to Mounties for yesterday so Asquith should be + 112.

rightleftin

Juniors
Yesterday's Results | Ron Massey Cup Round 24
Concord-Burwood-Glebe Wolves 38 (K Aldridge, H O'Toole, J Garlick, R Millard, C Bate, R Lesoa, J Offen tries; K Aldridge 5 goals) def Western Suburbs Magpies 22 (B Waters, D Cox, J Mose, T Capper tries; V Mapesone 2, M Farrell goals)

St Marys Saints 36 (A Tauiliili Pelesasa 2, T Eisenhuth, R Tuisese, V Lilomaiava, J Jackson, J Vaegaau tries; M Place 2, A Davis 2 goals) def Wentworthville Magpies 22 (N Kassis, J Miller, J Mati-Leifi, J Tangitau tries; J Rafferty-Butfield 3 goals)

Auburn Warriors 50 (J Bergamin 2, M Utai 2, V Setefano, A Ha'angana, M Rudolph, A Demetriou, J Gasovski tries; M Rudolph 7 goals) def Cabramatta 16 (T Ahovelo, J Belgrove, A Bush tries; D Thompson, B Cox goals)

Results | Sydney Shield Round 24
Mounties def Asquith Magpies by forfeit.

Belrose Eagles 26 (G Aroyan, F Laloua, C Bate, A Layton, C Abrahams tries; A Layton 3 goals) def Western Suburbs Magpies 16 (C Coleman, J Scott, J Mapesone tries; M Farrell, B Powers goals)

St Marys Saints 40 (A Glanville 2, J Conroy, P Hollis, P Nay, A Faguuaea, M Luke tries; A Glanville 6 goals) def Wentworthville Magpies 26 (I Vunipola, S Sisifa, K Cryer, L O'Mally, B Walsh tries; K Cryer 4 goals)

Cabramatta 42 (J Belgrove, T McDonald, Z Wedesweiler, S Kaivelata, P Dumont, J Bichan, K Pope, N Kapinga tries; P Dumont 5 goals) def Moorebank Rams 22 (S Ryder, J Timoti, C Matthews, K Hayman tries; K Hayman 3 goals)

East Campbelltown Eagles 29 (B Baker 2, A Teariki, T Leato, F Toutai tries; B Baker 4 goals; J Da Silva field goal) def Guildford Owls 28 (C Mazzelli 2, T Sapienza, T Leuluai, T Shelley tries; T Sapienza 4 goals)

rightleftin

Juniors
RMC

Hills District Bulls 54 (
Chad O'Donnell 3, Josh Fraser 2, Sean Walpole, Feleti Mateo, Tim Robinson, Aaron Watson tries, Chad O'Donnell 9 goals) beat Blacktown Workers Sea Eagles 6 ( Shaun Fitzgerald try , Amanaki Manu goal)

SS

Hills District Bulls 44 (Sam Shepherd 2, Jake Lennox 2, Troy Black, Isaac Gorman, James Horvat, Hayden McWilliam tries, James Horvat 5, Liam Walker 1 goals) beat Blacktown Workers Sea Eagles 4 (Lolu Ma'u try)

Good day at the office for Blacktown and the Prior family brains trust.

Pantherman72

Juniors
RMC

Hills District Bulls 54 (
Chad O'Donnell 3, Josh Fraser 2, Sean Walpole, Feleti Mateo, Tim Robinson, Aaron Watson tries, Chad O'Donnell 9 goals) beat Blacktown Workers Sea Eagles 6 ( Shaun Fitzgerald try , Amanaki Manu goal)

SS

Hills District Bulls 44 (Sam Shepherd 2, Jake Lennox 2, Troy Black, Isaac Gorman, James Horvat, Hayden McWilliam tries, James Horvat 5, Liam Walker 1 goals) beat Blacktown Workers Sea Eagles 4 (Lolu Ma'u try)

Good day at the office for Blacktown and the Prior family brains trust.
This is a standard day at the office for Blacktown now and next season they will be last in both grades thanks to the Priors. If you do competition ladders since the sackings and the Priors takeover then Blacktown would be last in both grades. The RMC team let in over 40 points a week every week and the Shield team are worse.

I am guessing you are talking about the one that was at Wyong a year or 2 agao

:joy::joy: Yep!
If I recall correctly, he started out with the Warriors U20's, got promoted to the Warriors first grade and after only playing one season of first grade he got offered a contract to play in Japan and chose to chase the money! He only lasted a year over there because apparently he couldn't handle their weather climate!! :smirk: Then I heared he was at Wyong, then another club and now he's at Auburn....

Timmah

Staff member
There is something wrong with the Asquith figures - the NSWRL has 632 points scored and 482 against. You seem to be missing 38-0 for the forfeit by Moorebank whereas NSWRL has not inserted 38-0 to Mounties for yesterday so Asquith should be + 112.
38-0 isn't the standard forfeit score - it's actually supposed to be an average of all points scored in other matches for the round.

For the R9 Asq/Mbk forfeit NSWRL have 39-0 so that's what I've entered. Brings Asquith to +122 though. They're almost assured of fourth place now save for a catastrophic loss and big win by East C'town - both almost unthinkable.

MountainMan

Juniors
:joy::joy: Yep!
If I recall correctly, he started out with the Warriors U20's, got promoted to the Warriors first grade and after only playing one season of first grade he got offered a contract to play in Japan and chose to chase the money! He only lasted a year over there because apparently he couldn't handle their weather climate!! :smirk: Then I heared he was at Wyong, then another club and now he's at Auburn....
Yes Omar was built up with abit of hype while at the warriors 20's,never really kicked on when it came time to play against men.Played in the Auckland 9s last year with Roosters and then went over to Manly in hope of a first grade call up.
Can play footy on his day but quite cocky.

MountainMan

Juniors
38-0 isn't the standard forfeit score - it's actually supposed to be an average of all points scored in other matches for the round.

For the R9 Asq/Mbk forfeit NSWRL have 39-0 so that's what I've entered. Brings Asquith to +122 though. They're almost assured of fourth place now save for a catastrophic loss and big win by East C'town - both almost unthinkable.
Almost unthinkable?
Cabramatta are very capable of beating Asquith (especially if they field a team resembling their massey lineup which you think would be the case with them having the bye)
ECE are also just as capable of beating St Mary's,although losing to them earlier this year.they blew them off the park 40-6 in the gf qualifier and this is the time of year where they come alive,traditionally they scrape in the 8 then make a run(winning the comp 2 out 3) and currently on a 4 game streak,I wouldn't count them out .

Timmah

Staff member
The margins would *both* need to be fairly significant. While it's certainly possible, it's not likely.

rightleftin

Juniors
The margins would *both* need to be fairly significant. While it's certainly possible, it's not likely.

If Asquith and East Campbelltown both lose, Guildford merely need to win against Moorebank to slide into 4th spot.

Last edited:

Timmah

Staff member
I completely misread the ladder - for some reason I thought that Asquith were two points clear. Never mind!

RMC Round 25

Full team lists and fixture details:
http://live.nswrl.com.au/comp/1986a31db4a830017

Mounties v Blacktown Workers Sea Eagles
Aubrey Keech Reserve, Saturday 26 August
1pm

Auburn Warriors v Guildford Owls
Lidcombe Oval, Saturday 26 August
2pm

Western Suburbs Magpies v Hills District Bulls
Campbelltown Sports Stadium, Saturday 26 August
3pm

Wentworthville Magpies v Concord-Burwood-Glebe Wolves
Ringrose Park, Sunday 27 August
1pm

SS Round 25

Full team lists and fixture details:
http://live.nswrl.com.au/comp/c309857252e51868f

Mounties v Blacktown Workers Sea Eagles
Aubrey Keech Reserve, Saturday 26 August
11:15am

Western Suburbs Magpies v Hills District Bulls
Campbelltown Sports Stadium, Saturday 26 August
1pm

Moorebank Rams v Guildford Owls
Hammondville Oval, Saturday 26 August
3pm

Wentworthville Magpies v Belrose Eagles
Ringrose Park, Sunday 27 August
11:15am

Asquith Magpies v Cabramatta
Storey Park, Sunday 27 August
3pm

St Marys Saints v East Campbelltown Eagles
St Marys Leagues Stadium, Sunday 27 August
4:30pm

kbw

Bench
Moorebank have forfeited their match against Guildford on Saturday in shield

I heard the same as well, mainly due to Bulldogs playing way (GC) and taking extra players.
They showed some decent RL this year at times but at others paid the price when some Bulldogs U20s players didn't bother to turn up

MountainMan

Juniors
I heard the same as well, mainly due to Bulldogs playing way (GC) and taking extra players.
They showed some decent RL this year at times but at others paid the price when some Bulldogs U20s players didn't bother to turn up
No use blaming the Bulldogs,they obviously take priority in that arrangement but why do clubs depend on 20's players being dropped to begin with? Moorebank and Wests depend heavily on this,that definitely shows in their performances over the years (auburn prior to moorebank) .Whilst other clubs get a handful of 20s guys - the Guildfords,Belrose,Blacktown etc they keep a core of club players.Makes no sense to me why Moorebank and Wests rely on a good 90% of their team being 20s kids.

Latest posts