What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Round 10 Vs Newcastle

franklin2323

Immortal
With so many injuries in the forwards, Isaah Yeo has to go back to the pack, or else we will have next to no experience on the bench.
It’s not ideal, but I think Tom Eisenhuth has to come into the centres. He might not have played NRL in so long, but at 25 years old he must have at least 100 reserve grade appearances to his name by now. Plus, what a feel-good story it would be after a six-year absence from first grade.

1. Dallin Watene-Zelezniak
2. Christian Crichton
3. Tom Eisenhuth
4. Dean Whare
5. Tyrone Phillips
6. Tyrone Peachey
7. James Maloney
8. James Tamou
9. Peter Wallace
10. Reagan Campbell-Gillard
11. Viliame Kikau
12. Isaah Yeo
13. James Fisher-Harris
14. Sione Katoa
15. Corey Harawira-Naera
16. Kaide Ellis
17. Nick Lui-Toso
Reserves: Egan, Martin, Luai, Cartwright

I’d bring CHN on around the 20 minute mark to replace Tamou, with Yeo moving to the middle. Fish and RCG can both play big minutes, but should each have a short spell when Ellis and Lui-Toso come on.

Cartwright is injured. I think we need Tamou on the bench so not to have too many kids on at once.

Eisenhuth looks too slow for NRL backline. I'd put Peachey there and May/Katoa at 6. I would say Luai but with Cleary back next week not much point

martielang

Bench
Eisenhuth isn't the quickest but he has great positioning & runs good lines. Just a smart footy player without the athletic ability. I think he's the equal to either of the Newcastle centres.

What a crazy year of injuries. Our depth is phenomenal.

Aliceinwonderland

First Grade
May, Luai, Katoa. Any option getting Peach out of the 6 can only strengthen the side

I think they (the coaching staffs) will keep Peach at 6. Leota will be replaced (obviously) and of course Merrin.

It will be fascinating to see how it works out. (now I've rethought about this, I think Peach will now go to centre)

I saw the game live last Friday night and all I can say is the cows were bloody lucky with some of the calls they got. Panthers were given a rough night with the penalties especially when you could see the cowboy players clearly offisde in every set.

I think the refs had there eyes painted on. (blind as)

Last edited:

BxTom

Bench
I think they (the coaching staffs) will keep Peach at 6. Leota will be replaced (obviously) and of course Merrin.

It will be fascinating to see how it works out. (now I've rethought about this, I think Peach will now go to centre)

I saw the game live last Friday night and all I can say is the cows were bloody lucky with some of the calls they got. Panthers were given a rough night with the penalties especially when you could see the cowboy players clearly offisde in every set.

I think the refs had there eyes painted on. (blind as)

I was also there (I was the one in the Panthers gear :) )and I agree heartily about the "referees".

Tom.

roofromoz

First Grade
HE’S the last man standing in an injury ravaged Penrith squad.

Nick Lui-Toso is the only forward left in their top 30 the club can call on.

It’s an injury crisis which sees almost $4 million worth of talent on the sidelines with the likes of Nathan Cleary, Josh Mansour and Dylan Edwards unavailable.

After losing Trent Merrin (finger), Moses Leota (pectoral tear), Tim Browne (Ruptured bowel), Sam McKendry (Knee), Corey Waddell (Pectoral tear) and Jack Hetherington (suspension), foxsports.com.au understands Lui-Toso is in line to make his first grade debut against Newcastle on Friday night.

Kaide Ellis, who debuted earlier this season, is set to be recalled into the side along with Lui-Toso.

Lui-Toso was a standout in the ISP NSW side last year which saw him rewarded with an NRL deal but the Panthers must name 21 men in their squad this weekend eligible to play first grade.

In order to do so, they’ve requested permission from the NRL to include a rookie from their development list in their side as a result of only having 20 fit first graders.

Liam Martin, 21, is an edge on a rookie contract but is expected to find himself named in Penrith’s extended squad if the NRL signs off on the request.

Isaah Yeo (ribs) is also a concern for the club.

https://www.foxsports.com.au/nrl/nr...s/news-story/3c5aae6b6633bbdba296966db0e09f0a

franklin2323

Immortal
Merrin if any. Finger can be strapped and can still play decent enough. Cleary is too risky coming back early

Latest posts