What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Round 16 vs Eels

You guys are all dreamers saying well done, we pulled it off, great work.....what a joke.

They are LAST.
Wake up.

Yes we won, but what a shambles.

Fair enough if it was against a top 6 team.

But it was against the laughing stock of 2018.

Can't stand desperate supporters.

Sure they played like crap, we all saw that, but we also saw them pull a win out of the fire when everyone was certain they’d lose.
That’s rare for a Dragons team lately and it should be applauded.

I’m yet to see a description of the game on the competition table, just 2 points.

ozbuck

Juniors
You guys are all dreamers saying well done, we pulled it off, great work.....what a joke.

They are LAST.
Wake up.

Perhaps we're just overachieving this year.

Perhaps all teams have flat games during a season.

Perhaps we've beaten a few top 6 teams too.

Perhaps that's a game we definitely would've lossed the last few years and the fact we won it says something

rednwhites

Juniors
Bang on. Mentally they are a much stronger team this year.
Amazing is right.

And the main reason for that is a man named James Graham. It's been ages since we were a team that would be able to win a game like that when there was no hope. The difference in intensity and the belief of the players when JG was on the field compared to when he wasn't was so clear tonight. There really hasn't been a lot said about Graham this year with so many other players making a name for themselves, but this doesn't deny the fact that he is worth every cent we paid for him. Come finals time he might just be the difference.

Old Timer

Coach
My take always
  • The coach should now be more comfortable playing the younger guys in more games and for longer minutes
  • We should now include the young blokes in the attacking structures to ensure they are indeed “part of the team” and not just reserves
  • The blokes that backed up need to be congratulated on their resilience
  • Congrats to the coaching staff and roster as they have learnt how to win ugly
  • We do need to improve in a lot of areas to be real contenders but it has to be acknowledged not losing is a very good platform to build on
  • Our medical / HPU staff are doing a fantastic job
  • Give James Graham life membership and a guaranteed role at the club when he hangs up his boots

Last edited:

mickeylane

Bench
mid season exhaustion has really settled in...still they can find the intestinal fortitude to find 12 points in the last 11 minutes to win shows theres a special group of players here this year. Missed Frizzell, LAM a lot - happy to state that they play we win easily 13+

The Damo

Juniors

They are LAST.
Wake up.

Hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahajanahahahahahahahahahahahahahajanahahahahahahahahahahahahajaa
Keep going man, the laugh is good for my nerves after that match. Much obliged.

And the main reason for that is a man named James Graham. It's been ages since we were a team that would be able to win a game like that when there was no hope. The difference in intensity and the belief of the players when JG was on the field compared to when he wasn't was so clear tonight. There really hasn't been a lot said about Graham this year with so many other players making a name for themselves, but this doesn't deny the fact that he is worth every cent we paid for him. Come finals time he might just be the difference.
Here Here.

Crush

Coach
My take always
  • The coach should now be more comfortable playing the younger guys in more games and for longer minutes
  • We should now include the young blokes in the attacking structures to ensure they are indeed “part of the team” and not just reserves
  • The blokes that backed up need to be congratulated on their resilience
  • Congrats to the coaching staff and roster as they have learnt how to win ugly
  • We do need to improve in a lot of areas to be real contenders but it has to be schnoledged not losing is a very good platform to build on
  • Our medical / HPU staff are doing a fantastic job
  • Give James Graham life membership and a guaranteed role at the club when he hangs up his boots
Good points.
One more point- Matt Dufty

blacksafake

First Grade
How great was it to see the passion in Graham at the end & obviously the respect from his team mates. For those saying we didn’t deserve to win, they were the better side blah blah blah. Well over the years we have been on the other side so I’m not complaining. A couple of points if I may.
Their first try was forward.
Hayne scored after a VERY ORDINARY penalty.
The bunker overrule was strange but maybe Luc will learn in future to get up celebrating.
Anyway Fu*k I hate parra

Bench
I think they said Parramatta have beaten us last 7 times we played them.
It was an ugly game no arguments there. On the positive side Dufty keeps on improving. Host looks ready. Luc, impact in a short time, try disallowed and was busy. He could be ready off the bench.
I’ll take the two points and put in the bank.
Someone on Facebook posted we were chokers. Must have done that with 10 to go.
He is coping a mega blast over there.

Brutalitops

Juniors
I will say it. This moment is probably the happiest I have been following a victory ever since the 2010 Grand Final.

This was a lot more than a 2 point win over 16th place. With all the context surrounding this game (Eels won 6 straight, several players exhausted from backing up, NEVER winning games like this ever since 2010) it is worth so much more than on the surface.

We now sit on 26 points, just 16 rounds into the season. Last season we finished on 28 points. We pulled a win out of our ass like the Dragons have rarely been able to do.

There's a lot to be said about how smashing a team feel good. But sometimes, the best feeling wins are these ones where we play well below our best and come away with the points against it all.

I'm very proud of the team tonight. James Graham has been with us for mere months but he seems like someone who's played 300 for us. What a team

Anon

Bench

They are LAST.
Wake up.

Yet when teams like the Storm and Roosters win like that all I hear is "good teams find ways to win even when they play bad"

FFS we had 6 players backing up from hard games 4 days earlier and two were rested. I'll take a win any way it comes in that situation.

Gareth67

First Grade
To those among us whom believe that we may be getting carried away with this win , I believe that we DO fully understand that the Dragons played badly tonight , however they never called it quits . If they had done so , then there would be nothing to celebrate .

As said already by many others - we did win , a last gasp win it may had been , but never the less a win . Let's be pleased about this as I am sure the players are when they sing the victory song . :innocent:

LINESPEED

Juniors
I think they said Parramatta have beaten us last 7 times we played them.
It was an ugly game no arguments there. On the positive side Dufty keeps on improving. Host looks ready. Luc, impact in a short time, try disallowed and was busy. He could be ready off the bench.
I’ll take the two points and put in the bank.
Someone on Facebook posted we were chokers. Must have done that with 10 to go.
He is coping a mega blast over there.

You know the other thing we bank from this game is the vital rest given to Friz & LAM

Latest posts