What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Round 19 - Tigers vs Rabbitohs, Saturday, 21st of July 5:30pm @ ANZ Stadium - John Sutton's 300th

Rabbits20

Immortal
Take the bloody game to Leichardt I say,
Wobbie can sit on the scoreboard again with a beer having a good cry.
It's a bit difficult to do that at ANZ and after all he'll be having a good cry after Sutto and the lads take this mob to the cleaners.
And to our knowledgeable Tigpies supporters,"jump on the bus,jump on the bus"well your bus is parked 4 points out of the eight and Jennings has nearly scored as many tries as your team has points......so what's new pussycats!
Bravo Itsa! That's the spirit!

Rabbits20

Immortal
Ok fellas lets just send Graham and Jennings to the scrap yard Bears and promote say Gagan and Arthars seeing though it doesn't matter according to you lot who plays on the wings as they have to do nothing because the work is already done for them......FFS,wouldn't want to be celebrating a GF victory with you lot if I was a 3/4!
What would it be,according to you......don't give them a ring they done f**k all to deserve it!!!!!
Gagan is a park footballer!

Graham has made barely any mistakes.... he's a future origin player! He's coming on in leaps and bounds!!!

Also Jennings is doing more than what Vic says imo.

Also take any star back out of any side to injury and of course they look much weaker.... I'd rather our backs compared to Sharks, Broncos and Warriors!

He's scoring tries that other wingers wouldn't. Against the Cows he won us the game getting past Feldt with scintillating pace, strength and footwork Itsa.

Also getting that AR grubber Jennings did was very tight. Other wingers wouldn't have scored that.... I could go on all day!!!

Arthars is making barely 50m a week in reserve grade!!!!

It's laughable in here currently Itsa:):) laughter is the best medicine!!!!

Kennar will be back for the Bears soon..... he may be needed as we get closer to finals! He has a big motor! Oh no but but but but he's ordinary as well:):)

@southsport here is the thread mate if you want a good laugh brother!

Last edited:

ThingFish

Juniors
Gagan is a park footballer!

Graham has made barely any mistakes.... he's a future origin player! He's coming on in leaps and bounds!!!

Also Jennings is doing more than what Vic says imo.

He's scoring tries that other wingers wouldn't. Against the Cows he won us the game getting past Feldt with scintillating pace, strength and footwork Itsa.

Also getting that AR grubber Jennings did was very tight. Other wingers wouldn't have scored that.... I could go on all day!!!

Arthars is making barely 50m a week in reserve grade!!!!

It's laughable in here currently Itsa:):) laughter is the best medicine!!!!

Kennar will be back for the Bears soon..... he may be needed as we get closer to finals! He has a big motor! Oh no but but but but he's ordinary as well:):)

@southsport here is the thread mate if you want a good laugh brother!
I don’t think anybody is saying the wingers aren’t doing a great job. Jennings and Graham are easy our best two and are doing a great job. What they are saying is that our game plan and ball speed on the edges is so good that if those two broke their legs today any of the depth players could fill the role. The reason Arthurs etc stats are poor in the Bears is because they are not on the end of our edge attack. Before their current wingers, there was a decade there I couldn’t have named the Storm’s centres or wingers if asked. I think that’s a good thing. It means we will never to pay overs for wingers.

Rabbits20

Immortal
I don’t think anybody is saying the wingers aren’t doing a great job. Jennings and Graham are easy our best two and are doing a great job. What they are saying is that our game plan and ball speed on the edges is so good that if those two broke their legs today any of the depth players could fill the role. The reason Arthurs etc stats are poor in the Bears is because they are not on the end of our edge attack. Before their current wingers, there was a decade there I couldn’t have named the Storm’s centres or wingers if asked. I think that’s a good thing. It means we will never to pay overs for wingers.
Souths 2-5 are pretty ordinary.

2. Graham - very tall which worries me with Thompson marking him. Has a lot of mistakes on him though
3. Hunt - solid defender, doesn’t add much in attack
4. Gagai - ordinary center, can’t tackle
5. Jennings - catches the ball and puts it down, otherwise nothing special

Of all the top 8 I’d say they’re comfortably the worst without GI. It’s the rest of the side you worry about..

See this.... 2-5 pretty ordinary!

All Jennings does is catch and put the ball down and that's it:):):):)

I don't think the depth players like Arthars could do the job currently... Arthars needs to improve with the shit work and all......

I do get your point though!! I just don't think a guy like Gagan could do what Jennings and Campbell are doing in our first grade side.... I don't think guys like this are good enough as of now!

Vic Mackey

Referee
See this.... 2-5 pretty ordinary!

All Jennings does is catch and put the ball down and that's it:):):):)

I don't think the depth players like Arthars could do the job currently... Arthars needs to improve with the shit work and all......

I do get your point though!! I just don't think a guy like Gagan could do what Jennings and Campbell are doing in our first grade side.... I don't think guys like this are good enough as of now!

You take offense to everything so quickly that you don’t stop to think about the logic behind it. To be fair even if you did I’m not sure you’re intelligent enough to grasp it.

Rabbits20

Immortal
You take offense to everything so quickly that you don’t stop to think about the logic behind it. To be fair even if you did I’m not sure you’re intelligent enough to grasp it.
I see what you're saying....

But Jennings does more than just put the ball down.

Campbell also doesn't have loads of errors in him... that is incorrect.

As I said I'd rather our current backs over Broncos, Sharks and Warriors!!

callmack1

Staff member
John Sutton mural revealed to celebrate 300 games: https://www.rabbitohs.com.au/news/2018/07/19/south-sydney-unveil-the-john-sutton-mural/

Gallery - Sutton's mural revealed: https://www.rabbitohs.com.au/news/2018/07/19/gallery-suttons-mural-reveal/

'I was in shock....It's an amazing piece of art' - Sutton: https://www.rabbitohs.com.au/news/2018/07/19/john-sutton---full-conference/

How cool is all that?!! That's so awesome. And look at the way that Sutto broke down during his speech, man, he loves this club. What a legend!

Rabbits20

Immortal
John Sutton mural revealed to celebrate 300 games: https://www.rabbitohs.com.au/news/2018/07/19/south-sydney-unveil-the-john-sutton-mural/

Gallery - Sutton's mural revealed: https://www.rabbitohs.com.au/news/2018/07/19/gallery-suttons-mural-reveal/

'I was in shock....It's an amazing piece of art' - Sutton: https://www.rabbitohs.com.au/news/2018/07/19/john-sutton---full-conference/

How cool is all that?!! That's so awesome. And look at the way that Sutto broke down during his speech, man, he loves this club. What a legend!
I love his media conference today at Kensington... such a good 10mins that was...:D

Rabbits20

Immortal
So proud of John Sutton.

I've said it before but this guy deserves to bow out when he wants to,
I'm expecting a big crowd out there!

I reckon we can outnumber those Tigers with our members and supporters!

I'd be hoping for at least 30k out there! If we don't get 20k Bunnies members and supporters out there I'll be disappointed!!! A few people need to get off their arses and get out there instead of sitting on the couch... tickets are cheap for this game too like they have been for most NRL games this year! $40 a family with free train travel and a couple of food deals going in the stadiu. plus a Macca's only 3-4mins walk from the stadium.... plus it's a 5:30 kick off which is a little more family friendly. The game will be over by 7:30ish!

We had about 10k members and supporters out there against the Dogs... surely we double that this week!

I'm expecting 13-14k Tigers members and supporters there too!!! Who knows if the ones that go Leichhardt though travel to ANZ though......

Last edited:

Cheap Charlie

Juniors
Should still be captain, a moment of off-field idiocy notwithstanding. Certainly a better leader than Inglis or Burgess.

Can only wonder what could-a-been in 2015 if he still led them.

Played hard, done fine. Hope to see 350.

English Rose

Juniors
Should still be captain, a moment of off-field idiocy notwithstanding. Certainly a better leader than Inglis or Burgess.

Can only wonder what could-a-been in 2015 if he still led them.

Played hard, done fine. Hope to see 350.

Just out of curiosity how is he a better leader than Inglis and Burgess?

Correct me if I'm wrong but aren't Souths sitting on the top of the ladder after been captained by Inglis and Burgess this year?

Not to mention Inglis has captained his state and Burgess has captained his country!

Not taking anything away from Sutton as he is a Souths legend but if he was a better leader i'm pretty sure Seibold would have made him captain so I'm going to trust his judgement more than yours!

Last edited:

Pommy

Coach
Really disappointed I will be missing this. Full of cold and flying to Hawaii on Tuesday so I’ve been told by she who must be obeyed there’s no chance I’m going to sit outside for a few hours tomorrow.