What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Round 20 | Cronulla 0-18 Newcastle @ Toyota | Saturday 23rd July | Kick-off 7.30pm

Sharks vs Knights (R20)

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

slotmachine

First Grade
The line running from the forwards has been really sharp tonight.

Changing angles and its much more fluid than usual.

CycloneSteve

Juniors
Well the season is still alive. A good win. Great defense. Any other side might have put 30+ on the Sharks tonight given the same amount of field position which indicates our attack is still not up to scratch.

RABK

Referee
Pleasing win. Whens the last time we held a side to zero? Granted the sharks were rubbish but the penalty count and shark park been a bogey ground = good win.

RABK

Referee
Tetavano had a good debut, 91 strong metres. Kaufusi also had a good game.

Tom155

Coach
Yeah i agree, Kaufusi made 15 HU for 129m & 18 tackles

Hilder & Eddy too

Hilder - 25 tackles, 16 HU 116m, 1 LB

Edwards - 24 tackles, 13 HU 103m

aqua_duck

Coach
Tetevano>Ciraldo already.
If WB can get that sort of productivity out of AK week in week out we'll be very hard to beat

Allstar Knights

Juniors
To be fair, Ciraldo had one of his best games in a knights jersey tonight. Unfortunately though, his best football is still not that great

Serc

First Grade
Yeah 2 decent games in a row for Ciraldo.

Poor old Mullen is so out of sorts...really hoping that Bennett can have the same effect with him that he did with Soward.

For whidds - Stig didn't see much ball (and didn't get to do much) because Gidley was playing :p I think you'll get the rest

Edit: Oh yes also, a terrible pass from Mullen bounced up nicely for Stig, and he got a good ball off to Lulia who drew and passed for Uate to get some space to score!

Last edited:

billy2

Juniors
IMO Tets has only been a tiny bit better than Sinbad Kali in NSW cup - not as good in a lot of aspects (Kali makes more breaks and runs more angles and is faster, but Tets plays more minutes and runs straighter).

IanG

Coach
Best part of our win tonight was keeping them to the duck.

Played to the conditions with taking the penalty goals as well. Though some would say that it's a Yawnion thing. Though how many have been 2 pointers this season?

Joker's Wild

Coach
Credit where its due, I thought Ciraldo was very good tonight, especially in defence.

The handling was the difference tonight but neither side were actually impressive with the ball.

Happy with the win but Im not confident we will be playing finals footy this year

RHCP

Bench
Well done you bastards

You were ok

We were a fuggin embaressment

Good luck for the rest of the season. I've been hoping the Sharkies can sneak into the 8 (obviously not at our expense)

Keeping the opposition to zero is a great achievement. Really, really pleased with that. Ciraldo played his best game in the red and blue, which still isn't that great, but he wasn't a liability out there tonight, he actually made a good contribution.

Tetevano looks every bit a first grader for mine. Hopefully we don't treat him like Marvin.

AK47 played another great game. I was sceptical, as most of us were when he arrived, but I think he's proved to be an astute buy. Whether it was Stoney or just playing with a point to prove, I think Rick deserves some credit for this.

Gidley proved his worth, after a lot of doubt amongst some of us.

Sloppy at times, but a win is a win. Heres hoping Manly beat Penrith and we stay in the eight for another week.