What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Round 21 V Sharks

OldPanther

Coach
What’s the other reason? It’s only RCG that’s slow at play the balls. Once you’re in the final 20 it’s all about execution.

Single games here and there, that’s not a good sample.

There’s also been more games without Cleary than those without Maloney, so it’s actually a really small sample.

Last year Maloney missed 4 games, we won 1 and lost 3

This year he’s missed 2 games, we’ve won both.

So overall 3 wins & 3 losses. That’s no better than when they play together.

On the flip side

Last year without Cleary we won 5 and lost 2

this year we’ve won 3 and lost 0

So 8 wins & 2 losses

If anything it’s Cleary getting in Maloney’s way, not the other way around.

What I'm getting from this is we send Nathan to Super League and Keep Maloney?

What I'm getting from this is we send Nathan to Super League and Keep Maloney?

Haha, maybe if Maloney was 10 years younger.

what I get from those stats is Cleary will need a good half next to him. I also think we’d be a better team if Nathan played a little less on the ball.

Hooker is a fantasy, but I’d go with Luai at 7 and Cleary at 6 standing a little wider. I think he stifles our attack a bit, it doesn’t come naturally to him to ball play.

OldPanther

Coach
Haha, maybe if Maloney was 10 years younger.

what I get from those stats is Cleary will need a good half next to him. I also think we’d be a better team if Nathan played a little less on the ball.

Hooker is a fantasy, but I’d go with Luai at 7 and Cleary at 6 standing a little wider. I think he stifles our attack a bit, it doesn’t come naturally to him to ball play.

He seemed to go well with Burton. Only thing is you could tell the team is all rookies with how they faded but as a pairing it went incredibly well. Cronk talked up Burton tonight and he's the smartest guy in the game so I'm guessing Burton knew what to do and it seemed to help Nathan a lot.

He seemed to go well with Burton. Only thing is you could tell the team is all rookies with how they faded but as a pairing it went incredibly well. Cronk talked up Burton tonight and he's the smartest guy in the game so I'm guessing Burton knew what to do and it seemed to help Nathan a lot.

I always try not to read much into single games.

hindy111

Post Whore
Moses has had patches of seriously good form for at least the last four years. They've been interspersed with complete garbage. If he gets to play a finals game next month, it will be his first.

2017 also.
I wouldnt swap Moses for any half personaly when factor age into it. Perhaps it's just a purple patch. I like what I am seeing.

hindy111

Post Whore
Moses is a flat track bully

I think he is playing excellent football.
22 try assists. Great goal kicking.Defense improved out of sight.Visions great and general game management improving.
Every has own opinion. Cleary is more a steady player. I think he gets a bit of a rough time. He is 21 and a good steady player who stick to a game plan. He can slowly improve other areas he will become elite

mxlegend99

Referee
Moses is about as unreliable and inconsistent as it gets with halves. His good games are great. His bad games are terrible.

He has played 2 finals matches in 125 games of football for 2 losses. His career win rate is 40%.

For all the shit Cleary cops he has played 6 finals matches in his 75 games of football for 3 wins. His career win rate is 54%.

At Nathans age Mitchell had never played finals footy and had a 34% win rate at Tigers. He has improved with age as most good halves do. But I would still feel far more confident of a win with the halves we have than if we had him. I think the biggest difference is Nathan puts in 110% every week no matter what and is a team player. While Moses fades in and out of games with effort and likes the glory for himself.

Latest posts