What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rd 21 v Bulldogs

Chins get the wins

First Grade
I would’ve liked this earlier in the year but now? Not sure it’s the right time to be messing with the spine, Kenny’s a great defender id be backing that, get soni some extra minutes when possible but I wouldn’t tinker to much with a winning formula.
Seeing Mitch Kenny get hurt today scared the shit out of me.........never thought I say that haha. Need to know if Luke is capable imo

Aliceinwonderland

First Grade
I agree Alice, I will take the win with Cleary having a good return and coming through unscathed. We play the Sharks next week (they will be desperate for the win) and then the Storm the week after.

I got confused.....(who me you might ask) :D I thought we played the Storm next weekend.

Can I blame my medication.
Confused Girl GIF

Very valid point with the drop off in intensity.

The only things I didn't like were conceding 18 points against those stiffs. And the school boy errors of conceding a penalty while in possession. I hate that.
I’m surprised we don’t get more like the Yeo one given the game plan of the forwards resting in the first few tackles and having the backs bring the ball back.

The Cleary one was at a time when the ref was trying to even things up. The Dogs laid on top for an eternity, and attackers are dragged off a player like that 20 times a game.

Aliceinwonderland

First Grade
Very valid point with the drop off in intensity.

The only things I didn't like were conceding 18 points against those stiffs. And the school boy errors of conceding a penalty while in possession. I hate that.

Cleary will be onto that. Mid 2nd half in 4th gear with the handbrake on.

Carlisle Bowman

Juniors
Martin and Spencer went off

The side rightfully cruised
Will have to disagree with you on 'rightfully'. I'm sure the conversation post-game won't be on the 44 scored, but the 18 conceded and the deficiencies seen in the back end of the second half particularly. I wouldn't expect to hear that 'the side rightfully cruised' was accepted internally as part of the washup. This isn't to single out any individuals necessarily. Credit where credit is due. I was particularly impressed with Lindsay Smith's performance today.

Aliceinwonderland

First Grade
Will have to disagree with you on 'rightfully'. I'm sure the conversation post-game won't be on the 44 scored, but the 18 conceded and the deficiencies seen in the back end of the second half particularly. I wouldn't expect to hear that 'the side rightfully cruised' was accepted internally as part of the washup. This isn't to single out any individuals necessarily. Credit where credit is due. I was particularly impressed with Lindsay Smith's performance today.

In saying that Why do all your party tricks, when you're playing against pensioners.

Sassy Pop Tv GIF by Schitt's Creek

Carlisle Bowman

Juniors
In saying that Why do all your party tricks, when you're playing against pensioners.

Sassy Pop Tv GIF by Schitt's Creek's Creek
I don't recall stating that we should've. Although there is something to be said about effort and execution. Wouldn't want to reap tomorrow what was sewn in the later stages of today. All about standards, no matter who is on the pitch.

Aliceinwonderland

First Grade
I don't recall stating that we should've. Although there is something to be said about effort and execution. Wouldn't want to reap tomorrow what was sewn in the later stages of today. All about standards, no matter who is on the pitch.

It's also about timing your run too. Fish and Leota spent much of the 2nd half on the bench. The scoreline allowed Cleary to do this.

As Chins says 'never in doubt'.

Iamback

Coach

If we are in a big games does Kenny play 20 mins at prop?

Soni Luke got double his usual amount of game time

Garner got 30 mins, A stint that becomes valuable if we need him in the finals.

Cleary's 1st game back

Origin guys getting time with the side again.

Putting 60 on a bum side at this time of the year is irrelevant as you are gearing up for a 3 peat

Chins get the wins

First Grade

Cleary's 1st game back

Putting 60 on a bum side at this time of the year is irrelevant as you are gearing up for a 3 peat
Luke didn't get enough and when he did it was at the worst time.
I want to see if Garner can cover centre

Carlisle Bowman

Juniors

Cleary's 1st game back

Hopefully not. I'm really not a fan of that rotation.

Completely agree. The score is really rather irrelevant. It's the quality of the performance. From my perspective, the closing out today left a lot to be desired against a bum opposition, as you described them.

Glad to get the win. We can all agree on that.

Iamback

Coach

Hopefully not. I'm really not a fan of that rotation.

Completely agree. The score is really rather irrelevant. It's the quality of the performance. From my perspective, the closing out today left a lot to be desired against a bum opposition, as you described them.

Glad to get the win. We can all agree on that.

We had 1 tackle in the 1st 7 mins of the 2nd half.

Possession was 56-44% to them

They also dominated territory 62-38%

So it isn't as though we let tries in against the run of play.

Fish coming out to start the 2nd half meant we didn't have that trick up our sleeve to wrestle back momentum either.

I know Spencer was hurt but if we have Hosking. We can push Sorro or Martin into the middle and have the middle rotation as normal.

Given it was 28-6, I guess they didn't see the urgency.

I'd give the performance a 7/10. I'd doubt coaches would see it as any higher