What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rd 21 v Bulldogs

maple_69

Bench
I would have been happier with 1-2 tries conceded but we spent a huge amount of time on our try line and probably only the 2nd try was average defence with the first and third fairly freak plays.

For a side that has had no trouble showing commitment and desperation but has been clunky for the most part( it was nice to see how clinical we were and how slick the attacking shapes were.

Definitely bizarre that Mitch Kenny is probably our most important player at this point.

age.s

First Grade
I said earlier in the thread I thought we'd cruise to a 40 odd score so I'd rate that about par. Let in a try or two more than I'd like but we've had half a dozen performances like that against dud sides over the past few years and its never effected us when it mattered.

On the game:

I though Nath and especially Fish were great after muted seasons. Yes it was only the Dogs but no team is going to do better in those first 20 mins. Absolute onslaught.

The biggest problem with Luke is that he plays alongside Kenny. I think he's coming along fine but Kenny isn't a prop. Like Chins I'd like to see Luke start, but because I'd like to see him feeding Fish, Martin and Leota instead of Kenny, Garner and Smith. Forgivable today given the niggles and quality of opposition but that better not be the plan in the big games.

There seem to be an expectation that Peach should be a complete, well rounded NRL level centre. The problem is if he was he'd cost a lot more and likely not be able to come in under our cap. The guy is our 6th choice outside back at best. Other teams would kill to have a guy at that level of the squad contribute like he has. He'd worry me in a big game but so would Chris Smith or Eddie Blacker.

Chins get the wins

First Grade
I said earlier in the thread I thought we'd cruise to a 40 odd score so I'd rate that about par. Let in a try or two more than I'd like but we've had half a dozen performances like that against dud sides over the past few years and its never effected us when it mattered.

On the game:

I though Nath and especially Fish were great after muted seasons. Yes it was only the Dogs but no team is going to do better in those first 20 mins. Absolute onslaught.

The biggest problem with Luke is that he plays alongside Kenny. I think he's coming along fine but Kenny isn't a prop. Like Chins I'd like to see Luke start, but because I'd like to see him feeding Fish, Martin and Leota instead of Kenny, Garner and Smith. Forgivable today given the niggles and quality of opposition but that better not be the plan in the big games.

There seem to be an expectation that Peach should be a complete, well rounded NRL level centre. The problem is if he was he'd cost a lot more and likely not be able to come in under our cap. The guy is our 6th choice outside back at best. Other teams would kill to have a guy at that level of the squad contribute like he has. He'd worry me in a big game but so would Chris Smith or Eddie Blacker.
This is the reason I've wanted to see Jenkins in a real side. No doubt in my mind he'd offer a lot more than Peach. Simple structured defence and the ability to pass to his winger would be such an improvement

age.s

First Grade
This is the reason I've wanted to see Jenkins in a real side. No doubt in my mind he'd offer a lot more than Peach. Simple structured defence and the ability to pass to his winger would be such an improvement
That's downplaying Peacheys strengths though. He's difficult to tackle, particularly close to the line, dangerous in broken play and great at sniffing out tries, especially from kicks. Flawed player with some strengths is what you should expect from guys at that level. Not saying you're wrong about Jenkins but to me it looks like a sidegrade given he isn't bashing the door down in Cup.

Abacus

Juniors
I've been keen for Jenkins to get more FG in our full strength side, but he was particularly poor in NSW Cup today.

Chins get the wins

First Grade
That's downplaying Peacheys strengths though. He's difficult to tackle, particularly close to the line, dangerous in broken play and great at sniffing out tries, especially from kicks. Flawed player with some strengths is what you should expect from guys at that level. Not saying you're wrong about Jenkins but to me it looks like a sidegrade given he isn't bashing the door down in Cup.
Peaches strengths only work against weaker sides. This is just my opinion

It was one of the best. I have serious man love for that lad.

The raiders one taking the piss out of the Ashes Johnny Bairstow dismissal will take some beating though.
I have a different view.

I’d go one step further than that even and say that I think the try celebration should be out-lawed from the game all together. It’s just a bit of sepo Bull S*** that the West Indies introduced to the game and I reckon when it comes to congratulating one of your team mates there’s simply no better way of doing it with the traditional Australian Hug or a Kiss or a lick, a grope on the arse or a bit of a dry root. It’s still the most appropriate way I think of showing ones exuberance and excitement and it’s certainly the most masculine and manly ways of going about it.

MugaB

Coach
I have a different view.

I’d go one step further than that even and say that I think the try celebration should be out-lawed from the game all together. It’s just a bit of sepo Bull S*** that the West Indies introduced to the game and I reckon when it comes to congratulating one of your team mates there’s simply no better way of doing it with the traditional Australian Hug or a Kiss or a lick, a grope on the arse or a bit of a dry root. It’s still the most appropriate way I think of showing ones exuberance and excitement and it’s certainly the most masculine and manly ways of going about it.
Yes still the 12th man.... a bit of a dry root always gives me a barr

I have a different view.

Yeah! Well I couldn’t agree with me more on that one!!