What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Round 22 v Dragons - Match Day Thread

doyen

Bench
Quite disappointed in this post doyen. I understand exactly why you put it up. You literally do not like cook at all.

The question that should be asked is why have we not been playing these players in the same position for the full season? If Madge doesn't give Cook the 80 minute gig next season then I've lost faith in him as a coach.

Cook looked OK in this game------he tried a few things;kick & chase;a good try & some top off-loads!
But in the real season will he be allowed to play like that--I think not!??

This end of the season suits his game--he's proven that a few times now.

The best I saw of him was with the Dogs[& last night]-----some hope noticed!!

souths_reborn

Juniors
Cook looked OK in this game------he tried a few things;kick & chase;a good try & some top off-loads!

Everyone is overlooking the bigger issue at hand here and that is why we only start playing with urgency in the last 10-15 minutes when the game is virtually decided? We should be playing at the tempo that we did during that period for the entire game.

Souths Till I Die

First Grade
Everyone is overlooking the bigger issue at hand here and that is why we only start playing with urgency in the last 10-15 minutes when the game is virtually decided? We should be playing at the tempo that we did during that period for the entire game.

I don't think anybody denies that mate. Tbh the dragons were the better team for the first 25 minutes of the second half. They completed their sets better, they ran harder and their halves kicked better. As soon as they took frizell off and started to relax we took control.

It was pretty brave of Souths to win that game. Dragons have the better roster in regards to their forward pack but they let it all go in the last 10 minutes.

It was actually a good game of footy.

southsport

First Grade

Souths were on top in this game until Frizell stood and off-loaded for Mann to make a long break, then the dragons took control for the middle section.

souths_reborn

Juniors
Souths were on top in this game until Frizell stood and off-loaded for Mann to make a long break, then the dragons took control for the middle section.
We were 'on top' in the sense that we had some decent field position and possession but we weren't asking enough questions of the Dragons defence. It was almost like we were just going through the motions and expecting things to happen. Once Nene MacDonald scored in the corner only then did we start attacking the dragons left hand edge with precision.

foreverinourshadow

First Grade
i reckon madges team selections let us down this year as far as i can see he fugged up big time by using kelly,moceidreke,talakai,burns and jennings in certain positions in certain games NFI MADGE,the farah/cook debacle unhinged us big time at #9 .....Madge better buy 2 backs and 2 forwards of 1st grade standard for next year and hopefully siebold can help in our proper team selections when it is truly needed in 2018 because madge was clueless .

Rabbits20

Immortal

Cook was great.