What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Round 22 vs Dragons Discussion + Voting

renouf

Juniors
Pretty ordinary.. they're very slow and inept in attack.. not having Reed/Kahu isn't helping.. and we clearly miss having Hodges out there. Oates seems to be dropping the ball every week now. Not looking forward to next week..

Dazzat

First Grade
What the heck has happened to our attack? Ordinary - so ordinary.

We won the game - great - but it was with a game plan the included zero creativity.

Thaiday is obviously happier playing on the edge, and it suits his style as well. He is wasted a a middle forward. Correct me if I'm wrong, but I think Bennett has moved Glenn to the middle now - which looked like a good move. He now has a bit of size and his defence is always first class.

Still frustrated with Roberts not getting the ball in good positions. Milford must be injured, because he isn't making the breaks he made with ease last year and the start of this year.

Parker improved. Boyd was the inspiration. Maranta beat a player!

3. Boyd
2. Thaiday
1. Wallace

GoTheBroncs

Staff member
It's a shame we are losing Wallace as on average over the last few weeks I reckon he has been our best forward.

Nerd

Bench
Really? Milford put in a good kick for the try and I think Hunt got a repeat set with a nice kick. Hunt's long kicking was a bit better. But all in all the kicking game was terrible. So many kicks going into the legs, going dead, mis-directed, bombs not high enough etc...

I think the commentators talked up the performance of the halves tonight. This game was the first game in a long time that our forwards won the battle so there was no excuses. Milford was a bit more involved yeah but ultimately it wasn't good enough.

I was glad to hear in the post-match interview that Hunt conceded that his kicking game wasn't where it needs to be. I have a great deal of respect for him owning up to this instead to hearing the old cliche "we will get confidence out of this" blah blah.

I was really happy with the forwards tonight. Frizell was a bit out for them though.
Compared to their kicking game in the last month I thought getting a few repeat sets was a large improvement.