What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Round 23 - Rabbitohs vs Sharks: Saturday 5th August 7:35pm @Optus Stadium

Eric the great

Juniors
Anyone get the tshirt with the tour dates on it put it in the vinnies bag cause it’s the dates our season went from bad to worse

Eric the great

Juniors
Sorry about the negative dribble I’m a few beers in surrounded by non souths supporters who love these moments in the year I think I have higher expectations of our side than what they are capable of achieving

Runrabbit14

Juniors
Sorry about the negative dribble I’m a few beers in surrounded by non souths supporters who love these moments in the year I think I have higher expectations of our side than what they are capable of achieving
I think you have every right to vent - the last 8-10 weeks on a whole have been putrid !!

We gave guys time off and extra weeks to rehab to be in “mint condition” for the back end of the season. We gave up an easy 4-6 competition points and the team got into holiday mode and have never recovered.

Sometimes you have to play through the pain barrier or busted because the most important game is your next game not some fictional semi final game that you may not qualify to play in !!!!!!!!!!

Rabbits20

Immortal
Mate I’m embarrassed that was utter shit as useless as shit on a shovel!

No desire or hunger, no attitude no will to fight or get down and dirty.

Im disgusted tonight that was completely unacceptable.

Rabbits20

Immortal
Even if we sneak into the 8 if we have to play Raiders down there they’ll wallop us 30 plus. Tapine, Horse and J Pap will steamroll us.

We do not have a top 4 pack there isn’t enough mongrel. And at the moment they’re playing like a bottom 4 pack.

Hang your heads in shame boys and JD and all the coaching staff.

Mind you they obviously aren’t worried so as others have said before why should we? It’s clear they’ve checked out for the season. We are as useless as shit on a shovel.

As for Murray he isn’t not tough enough on them as the captain

Rabbits20

Immortal
I think that’s close to the first win the Sharks have had against a top 8 side this year and it had to be us they beat didn’t it!

Rabbits20

Immortal
Why did JD keep saying when September comes over the months?

He’s forgotten you have to get there first is he that dumb?

I think they think we are better than we actually are!

It doesn’t just happen you have to work bloody hard and respect every opponent. We are looking for fast and easy ways out. We deserve all of this we really do!

murraymob

Coach
Don’t give up boys.The talent is there in the modern game going on a run of winning games can happen then suddenly winning falls into place
I still feel you guys will be there back end of the year and a real threat

Nafedogg

Juniors
I’m kind of tired of watching the team play catch up footy. I’m not even wanting to win every game, losing a game after giving your all I can cop that. But these games where we don’t even look like we want to be there frustrate the hell out of me! This isn’t a halfback issue (tired of that as even with Reynolds we still failed to win a gf apart from 14).

When our team is on they are unstoppable, but get behind on the scoreboard and we turn to jelly.

handyman2190

Bench
This proves we need new blood in the forwards who can tackle, the offloads we let them throw killed us,thats the formula to beat us, and while dunkan is a great talent,he is a murray clone,we need size. And tackling practice

callmack1

Staff member
Late comeback falls short as Sharks deny Souths in the west: https://www.rabbitohs.com.au/news/late-comeback-falls-short-as-sharks-deny-souths-in-the-west

Press Conference - Round 23: https://www.rabbitohs.com.au/news/press-conference-rabbitohs-round-23-2023

'They've got to make a decision' - JD throws down gauntlet after shock loss derails Finals tilt: https://www.foxsports.com.au/nrl/nr...w/news-story/32f2ae12b6a94ff987a41ada79f5e438

Sharks flip the switch as Hynes bounces back to form; Star's 'painful' injury blow - Big Hits: https://www.foxsports.com.au/nrl/nr...s/news-story/a3aff82422abf66bc88515dcc7502e28

'It is a safety net' - Burgess cops 'harsh' sin bin for contentious Hazelton hit: https://www.foxsports.com.au/nrl/nr...3/news-story/dd415a8a8bf6915c15e5c01f5765594a

callmack1

Staff member
I just couldn't bring myself to come on here and post last night, couldn't do it. I was a friggin mess and like many I assume, have not taken that one well. So gutted, so shattered. I can't even really begin to explain how I feel after last night and I don't feel any better after sleeping on it. Extremely angry too. Just so many emotions.

Everything to play for, literally everything, yet the boys don't turn up and look even half interested. What crap they dished up. Hands down our worst performance of the Season and probably the worst performance of the last five years when you consider what was on the line and what that game meant. Well, what it meant to us fans anyway, it clearly didn't mean anything to the boys.

I don't see how we recover from this. We have three games left. We're done. Honestly, I think that's Season over. We have too many issues that have lingered for weeks and it's too late now. The boys don't want it. We're done.

I'm going to force myself to watch the replay soon and I'll do a proper analysis in my match report but jeeez I'm deeply depressed about our team today. My God.

Nafedogg

Juniors
Honestly Callmack, I wouldn’t force myself to sit through that garbage. As much as I love your player by player ratings, it’s not worth it this week. Apart from a few players playing well, it was a disgusting game as a whole. Let’s hope the next 3 weeks goes ok otherwise it’s going to be a hard watch.

Travitoh

First Grade
I’m kind of tired of watching the team play catch up footy. I’m not even wanting to win every game, losing a game after giving your all I can cop that. But these games where we don’t even look like we want to be there frustrate the hell out of me! This isn’t a halfback issue (tired of that as even with Reynolds we still failed to win a gf apart from 14).

When our team is on they are unstoppable, but get behind on the scoreboard and we turn to jelly.
The most frustrating thing about the catch up footy every week is we spend 60 minutes rolling through the hitups with no ambition in attack unless we're gifted field position, and then start to actually move the ball around in the last 20 and pile on points.

Our gameplan in attack seems to rely on the opposition making an error to hand us field position for us to attack from. Teams have become wise to this and look to play and defend accordingly. We don't get 6 agains because we don't do anything to cause our opponents to scramble. We are such a negative team to watch given the talent that we have on the park.

Steenson123

Juniors
Mate I’m embarrassed that was utter shit as useless as shit on a shovel!

No desire or hunger, no attitude no will to fight or get down and dirty.

Im disgusted tonight that was completely unacceptable.
Hey its been this way for several months now its habitual.
I stated here back in June that several games were MUST win despite the Reserve Grade content and key absentees. Yet Demetriou selected SLUGS BOTH TIMES he must be ignorant or stupid. He willingly gave up TWO games and it ripped momemtum off the entire squad they got used to giving up 30+ every game in that stretch. I keep saying that Demetriou should have been SACKED and I stick to that. They are 3-7 in the past 10 contests only Balmain are worse so Demetriou has driven the side to the level of St George and Balmain.

Steenson123

Juniors
Demetriou should be sacked no doubt about it. The 8-3 start which put the squad into joing favourites has COLLAPSED into a 3-7 debacle the worst of all clubs except Balmain. Further the defense, if we can call it that, consists of ARM GRABBING reaching out and grabbing instead of body into tackles. The ONE good performance in this 3-7 backslide was against the Warriors the rest of the non-performances have been complete garbage.
What is of even more concern: Demetriou has failed to develop any young players in a club that does not import anyone outside an expensive Indigenous veteran from Canberra. Where are Suluka-Fifita, Kayo Kayo, Karapani, Mamezolous et al? And Moale has gone backwards. They guy does almost nothing just goes through the boring motions.

Steenson123

Juniors
You
I just couldn't bring myself to come on here and post last night, couldn't do it. I was a friggin mess and like many I assume, have not taken that one well. So gutted, so shattered. I can't even really begin to explain how I feel after last night and I don't feel any better after sleeping on it. Extremely angry too. Just so many emotions.

Everything to play for, literally everything, yet the boys don't turn up and look even half interested. What crap they dished up. Hands down our worst performance of the Season and probably the worst performance of the last five years when you consider what was on the line and what that game meant. Well, what it meant to us fans anyway, it clearly didn't mean anything to the boys.

I don't see how we recover from this. We have three games left. We're done. Honestly, I think that's Season over. We have too many issues that have lingered for weeks and it's too late now. The boys don't want it. We're done.

I'm going to force myself to watch the replay soon and I'll do a proper analysis in my match report but jeeez I'm deeply depressed about our team today. My God.
You are 101% correct. However the season was stuffed a month or so ago. I stated the Canterbury game was CRITICAL yet Demetriou selected the SAME SLUGS he picked against St George and it failed badly. You people laughed and scoffed..... "oh its Not Demetriou he is good we had too many out Blah Blah Blah"... You think I do not know what a Championship takes?? I know what success requires and you pay heed to the SMALL DETAILS do NOT have Mitchell's excuses "Oh Premierships are not won in July" comment. No they are not actually won In July BUT the GROUND WORK for them ARE. You cannot take the St George and Canterbury games and write BOTH off as Demetriou obviously did. You do NOT put Hawkins up against the much bigger better Burton, nor against Hunt. You get young quick players against them at least their SPEED will cause them to be wary and back off at times. Those TWO games were essentially THROWN and Demetriou kept up his dead-end mantra about "oh the season back-end" Blah Blah Blah.
And where are those who scoffed at me saying Forget about Fittler and that SOO garbage now? Well Look at things like this. Back then Walker got the MVP for Brad correct? How has Walker been since? God AWFUL. Slow and mistake bound every game. Ditto for Cook, Murray has been ordinary and Keaon not good. They look flat as biscuits and not interested. So where are you who told me "geez its Rep football its the Pinnacle"? NO, winning Titles is THE Pinnacle its ALL that counts on your Tombstone!!!

Steenson123

Juniors
Morris OR Sam B to take over. It will instill enthusiasm immediately watch the difference. More desire, more hunger than what we see. The side has conceeded over 30 points 6-7 times in its past 10 or so games. Sam would bring instant ACCOUNTABILITY do you think players will take games off under Him??

Steenson123

Juniors
Let's be honest here. The players are awful because there is ZERO ACCOUNTABILITY with Demetriou. Zero, they KNOW he will not get up the many who do NOT show up in recent games. An individual like Sam B would immediately change everything and he probably selects a different Pack than dopey Demetriou. Put BIGGER men in there for starters and get Suluka-Fifita in there firing.

Last edited: