What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Round 27 - Rabbitohs vs Roosters: Friday 1st September 8pm @Accor Stadium

callmack1

Staff member
Hate. It's a word that's thrown around pretty loosely these days. "I hate this," "I hate that." I think everyone uses it without really thinking about it. But you know what, when I say I hate the Roosters, when we say we hate the Roosters, that's not using the word loosely. We haven't just said it and not really thought about it. It's exactly the way I feel about them and I'm sure I speak for all Souths fans when I say that. It's an intense, burning hatred for these pricks from Bondi. In fact, I don't even know if it's a strong enough word to describe how we feel about them. I genuinely despise them like nothing else in my life. I'm sure a lot of Souths fans feel the same and I'm sure they feel the same about us.

It's on again on Friday night as the biggest rivalry in Rugby League reignites and rears its head once again to put on a show. That's right, we take on our old foe from across town, those bloody Roosters. This week, another chapter gets written into the Book of Feuds. The rivalry resumes and the hate comes to the surface as we take on our arch-rivals. The two oldest clubs in the League, there's 115 years of pure hatred in this one. I don't even know how to describe it. How do you describe it? It's impossible. Probably one of the best ways to describe it would be sin bin Sunday last year, that pretty much sums up how our two clubs feel about each other. I'm sure that will continue this week and there'll be nothing short of fireworks, especially given what's on the line here.

The stakes couldn't be higher this week as it's pretty much an elimination Finals game. The winner makes the Finals, the loser is on mad Monday a lot sooner than they would have liked. Simple as that, a MUST win if ever there was one. Everything goes on the line, for us especially given what's happened recently and whatever the result is here, it will have a big bearing on what happens moving forward, and it'll have a big bearing on whether this all makes or breaks the club. Honestly, I can't remember a Regular Season game where there was more on the line than this one.

Not even going to think about the actual Roosters side yet, that'll happen closer to game day. Right now, we just need to get our own house in order, or we'll be no chance in this one. It's been basically the worst week you could possibly ask for in Rugby League. So much unrest, apparently, and so much drama. But today is the day we have to really put it all behind us and move on. We can't have any distractions. We must be fully focused on beating these pricks and nothing else. I've gone from feeling pretty down in the dumps last week about everything, to pretty defiant and ready to go for this week. The rivalry certainly gets you up for it.

It depends on how we respond to everything, but I really feel like if we use that drama the right way, we can do this. Absolutely we can! This side is more than capable. We've been saying that for a long time, but now is the time to show it. Now is the time for redemption and now is the time to rise up. We have one last shot, one last chance at salvaging something out of 2023. One last shot at deciding what 2023 means to us. One last shot at getting in those Finals and starting a run. This is the definition of do or die and it's time to rise above everything. BE South Sydney this week! BE the Rabbitohs.

Channel the hate, and use it well. Let's go and beat these pricks on Friday night!!!

Glory, Glory.

callmack1

Staff member
Here's my predicted line up for Round 27 against the Roosters,

1. Taaffe
2. Johnston
3. Tass
4. Graham
5. Milne
6. Walker
7. Ilias
8. Tatola
9. Cook
10. S.Mitchell
11. Koloamatangi
12. Arrow
13. Murray (C)

14. Duncan
15. Host
16. Havili
17. Sele

Despite our recent form, I don't see there being too many changes to the side. It's too late in the Season to really rock the boat and besides, I think this is a side that is capable of challenging for a Premiership if they get things right. So yea, I don't think there'll be many changes.

The backs and halves will remain the same. I guess Munro is a chance of coming in again, but I don't think JD will drop Milne.

In the pack, I want to see Junior back starting with Shaq, Arrow to second row and Host to the bench.

We'll find out tomorrow, I guess! Certainly gonna be a damn interesting team list Tuesday!!

Dogmatix

Juniors
Souths are sliding out of the comp. It is time for Demetriou to hit the panic button. Ilias has been poor the last few weeks with plenty of lost ball on the right side destroying Souths' confidence early in games.

So Ilias out and Taaffe to halfback. AJ to fullback and Munro to a wing

Souths are 2nd on the ladder in NSW Cup and have been winning in the last month since Taaffe dropped back to NSW Cup for Latrell

handyman2190

Bench
I read on facebook that when churchill sent those sms,he sent it to a few mates as well, who passed them on to king chook politis,who then sent them to media,dont know if its true,but would be typical low gutter stuff,im told evidence will come today,if true,we need to settle up

Valheru

Coach
I read on facebook that when churchill sent those sms,he sent it to a few mates as well, who passed them on to king chook politis,who then sent them to media,dont know if its true,but would be typical low gutter stuff,im told evidence will come today,if true,we need to settle up
lol

everything is just a conspiracy by the chooks against souffs isn't it?

BotanyBorn&Bred

Juniors
Here's my predicted line up for Round 27 against the Roosters,

1. Taaffe
2. Johnston
3. Tass
4. Graham
5. Milne
6. Walker
7. Ilias
8. Tatola
9. Cook
10. S.Mitchell
11. Koloamatangi
12. Arrow
13. Murray (C)

14. Duncan
15. Host
16. Havili
17. Sele

Despite our recent form, I don't see there being too many changes to the side. It's too late in the Season to really rock the boat and besides, I think this is a side that is capable of challenging for a Premiership if they get things right. So yea, I don't think there'll be many changes.

The backs and halves will remain the same. I guess Munro is a chance of coming in again, but I don't think JD will drop Milne.

In the pack, I want to see Junior back starting with Shaq, Arrow to second row and Host to the bench.

We'll find out tomorrow, I guess! Certainly gonna be a damn interesting team list Tuesday!!
I look at the first name, and think, "we've lost".
If it were me I would put AJ at the back, keep Milne on one wing, and bring in Munro on the other wing but I know there is less than 0% chance that will happen.

callmack1

Staff member
Rabbitohs NRL squad for Round 27 against Roosters this Friday: https://www.rabbitohs.com.au/news/rabbitohs-nrl-squad-for-round-27-against-roosters-this-friday

Team list Tuesday!!!! Let's gooooooo!!

Our last regular Season team list for the year, let's hope it's not THE last one of the year. But we've named a pretty strong squad to take on our arch-rivals this Friday in the biggest game of the year. A few changes in there, but over all, on paper, it's a great side. Of course, lately, the way we look on paper hasn't translated onto the field but that better change this week.

Of course, Taaffey is in for Trell, and I really hope he brings his NSW Cup form with him. We really need him to. He must step up if we're gonna win this and make Finals. The other big change is Izaac back in on the wing for his first game since Round 4, I think? That's a big change by JD and to be honest, I'm not sure I totally agree with it. What does Izaac offer that Taane doesn't? They're similar speed for mine, similar with their carries and defence. Taane actually shades Izaac in my opinion due to experience. Was Taane really that bad in that Newcastle game? I don't think so. Bit of a strange one but I'll back him. Really hoping Thompson can do the job.

The pack has a couple of changes too. I like Junes coming back into the starting side, and I like that Shaq has been rewarded for earning his spot. he stays which is good. Cheeks back into the side with Hosty nowhere to be seen is the other interesting one. Not gonna complain with that.

On the bench, Jai goes back there so he'll provide impact, and it looks like Liva is unavailable for some reason which is a blow. Really need Davvy to lift to compensate for that.

Other than that, the side stays as is. But to be honest, forget the changes because they don't matter. The biggest change we need is for everyone out there to lift. Everyone. This is literally do-or-die against our arch-rivals. The loser is done. We cannot afford to play how we have recently, and things must change, or we're gone and 2023 becomes a complete disaster. Over to you to get it right and turn it around lads.

Friday night can't come soon enough! I'm pumped.

Hellray

Juniors
Thompson on the wing. Interesting choice. Moale back on the bench after a monster performance in Reggie’s a fortnight a go

assess5

Juniors
I look at the first name, and think, "we've lost".
If it were me I would put AJ at the back, keep Milne on one wing, and bring in Munro on the other wing but I know there is less than 0% chance that will happen.

I agree, how many games, and against which teams have we won with Taafe at fullback.
Put him on the bench as back up, bring him on as a game changer or if Ilias is having a bad one.

Steenson123

Juniors
I agree 100%.
H
Souths are sliding out of the comp. It is time for Demetriou to hit the panic button. Ilias has been poor the last few weeks with plenty of lost ball on the right side destroying Souths' confidence early in games.

So Ilias out and Taaffe to halfback. AJ to fullback and Munro to a wing

Souths are 2nd on the ladder in NSW Cup and have been winning in the last month since Taaffe dropped back to NSW Cup for Latrell
I agree 101%
However this is the problem.
Demetriou.
He has no smarts no innovation no charisma.
Do we think someone like Bennett or Bellamy would stick to Taaffe at FB or Ilias taking field kicks? Or to undersized Taaffe playing out of position?

Steenson123

Juniors
Moale
Thompson on the wing. Interesting choice. Moale back on the bench after a monster performance in Reggie’s a fortnight a go
Moale has been in and out of A Grade for two or so years.
Thus far he has shown almost zero.
He should be akin to say Leniu at Penrith but he isn't because he does zero.

Steenson123

Juniors
Do Moale and Keaon have any agg in them at all??
I do not mean foul play. I'm talking about physically punishing and dominating your individual opponent.
Moale plays like a meandering Teddy Bear.

Hellray

Juniors
Moale

Moale has been in and out of A Grade for two or so years.
Thus far he has shown almost zero.
He should be akin to say Leniu at Penrith but he isn't because he does zero.

I’m not disagreeing with that argument, perhaps he hasn’t developed as quickly as we need.
I’m stating facts only… he had a big game in Reggie’s where he scored 2 tries. Does that deserve an immediate call up? I’m not sure, but that’s what’s happened.
Leinu is also 2yrs older btw so Moale still has time to catch up with the right coaching (this is also the problem with Ilias, not the right coaching to develop properly)

Steenson123

Juniors
Well
I’m not disagreeing with that argument, perhaps he hasn’t developed as quickly as we need.
I’m stating facts only… he had a big game in Reggie’s where he scored 2 tries. Does that deserve an immediate call up? I’m not sure, but that’s what’s happened.
Leinu is also 2yrs older btw so Moale still has time to catch up with the right coaching (this is also the problem with Ilias, not the right coaching to develop properly)
Well that is Demetriou's job.
For mine a major area he has failed in is bringing along newcomers and rookies. Developing young talent into regular A Grade squad level talent. And we all agree Taaffe should have been given a #7 start months ago but Demetriou has stubbornly refused.
I keep saying he should be sacked I do not care about his extension.
Slater I believe would love to take over a Roster featuring Murray, Walker, Mitchell, Wighton, Cook, Graham et al plus Slater has a detailed working knowledge of where to get some good young players from his years with Bellamy.