What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Round 21 - Rabbitohs vs Broncos: Friday 21st July 8pm @Sunshine Coast Stadium

Travitoh

First Grade
'We want him right' - Latrell Mitchell out of Broncos blockbuster: https://www.smh.com.au/sport/nrl/we...t-of-broncos-blockbuster-20230720-p5dpwx.html

Ughhhhhh that is so annoyingly frustrating!! He's all fit, he's all sweet, they're just holding him back for another week to get him some more training with the team. I can understand the logic, totally, but man that sucks for tomorrow night. huge blow in terms of this game against the Broncos.

I'm a bit surprised by it too. They knew that Trell only having a couple of sessions with the team before this game was going to be the case so why name him in the first place? He even did the captain's run today and by all reports, completed it with no stress. It is a little strange.

As I say, I understand the logic though, we can't muck around with it. Just a big blow for this game.

I still think we can beat Brisbane, even without Trell. We still have pretty much our whole side there. However, it does make me more nervous as he was the real ex-factor.
My guess would be that if he's only had a couple of sessions, he may be a bit off the pace. When he finds form, his momentum is unstoppable but i think he's a guy who takes a bit to get up to pace. He isn't the busiest guy and if he is a touch underdone, then he can be a passenger. It's frustrating but we need all hands on deck v Brisbane.

Rabbits20

Immortal
Well Game Day is upon us as we take on the Brisbane Broncos up on the Sunshine Coast. This is it origin is all done and dusted and it’s now the offical start of the run home it certainly doesn’t get much bigger. Over this origin period it’s no secret we have had a massive form slump going from 8 and 3 to 10 and 8 we have gone from being right up the top to sitting in 8th spot currently. So we have lost 5 of our last 7 matches. Not just origin but lots of injuries have affected us as well and we just fully lost our way. We have had 2 byes in the last 4-5 weeks so the boys should be feeling nice and refreshed especially coming off the bye last week. Over this next 5 weeks or so we are travelling all around Australia so it’ll be good for the boys to get away I think bond together and really narrow our focus on what we need to do. We can only take it one week at a time we can’t think of finals or anything like that as we haven’t even made the top 8 yet we still have plenty of work to do. I’m sure like us members and fans the boys aren’t happy with the last 6 weeks or so but we have to take our learnings and move on. For me I feel if we lose this one we will be fully out of the top 4 race so it is vital. But rather than just looking at top 4 I think it’s just about the boys getting some confidence back in the place so a win would really boost spirits I think and get some belief back.

Looking at Brisbane well they sit second and they sit there for a reason they’re having a great year and playing great footy. They have such a strong pack lead by Haas and Carrigan who have been enormous. They have other solid forwards there doing a job too and are just making so many metres and they’re not making silly errors and it is allowing the likes of Reyno to just control things beautifully off the back of it he’s thriving along with Mam and Walsh who is having a very strong year there at the back. Out wide too they have enormous strike to and pace in Cobbo, Farnworth and Staggs so yeah they have threats all over the park that will come at you the whole 80mins. I don’t feel like they have too many weaknesses tbh. Playing up on the Sunshine Coast too even though it’s our home game I think it’s gonna feel like a bit of a home game for them.

Looking at us it’s good to get 8-9 of our guys back in this week. Obviously Trell not playing is a big loss but we will have to do our best to cover him. Let’s hope Ta’affe can continue his good form. Really for us though to have a chance our forwards must aim up as if we don’t it could be a long night. It’s so good to get Jai back I’m sure he will have an impact. We need big games up front from Junior, Tom, Sele, Havili etc….. big Keaon as well coming back from origin along with skipper Cam, Cookie and Cody lets hope they bring that origin 3 form back to club land I’m sure they took a lot out of that. We are going to need Lachy and Damien to help Cody in the spine as well as Cody can’t do it all himself. Having Stretch back is a big in as well we are going to need a massive game from Stretch. Getting Sele back as well is also a good in. What we can’t afford to do is give away silly penalties and make poor errors because Brisbane will punish us. This will take an 80mins performance sticking at it and defensively we need to improve big time defend with desperation is what I wanna see working hard for one another. We are gonna have to dig deep and tread through rough waters at times but if the boys can find that resilience it will go a long way to getting the win.

Not long til the players run out onto Sunshine Coast Stadium this lovely Friday evening here great to see such a turnout with a sell out. Let’s make sure everyone watching at home knows this is a South Sydney home game. Lets do all we can to get the boys home with those 2 all important competition points.

Ok Rabbitohs Members and Rabbitohs Supporters please give a warm South Sydney welcome to the Brisbane Broncos……………………….

10, 9, 8, 7, 6, 5, 4, 3, 2, 1………………

OK RABBITOHS MEMBERS RABBITOHS SUPPORTERS ITS TIME TO GET ON YOUR FFFFEEEEETTTTTTT….….. MAKE PLENTY OF NOISE FOR YOUR BOYS HERE THEY COME YOUR SOUTH SYDNEY RRRAAABBBBIIITTTOOOOHHHSSSS………

LETS GO RABBITOHS!!!!!

BBBBBBOOOOOOO HAVE A LOOK ASHLEY GET EM ONSIDE

FORWARD PASS THATS FORWARD TOUCHIE HAVE A LOOK SIR

BBBBOOOOOOOOOOOOO WHERE IS OUR SIX AGAIN ASHLEY WHAT ABOUT REFFING FOR BOTH TEAMS

BBBBBBOOOOOOO HOW LONG CAN THEY HOLD ON FOR

SECOND EFFORT BBBBBBBOOOOOOO LEG PULL WHERE IS OUR PENALTY PULL YA WHISTLE OF YOUR ARSE!!!

callmack1

Staff member
Oh man, I've woken up this morning and you just get that feeling. You all know the feeling. It's the first thing think of when you wake up, you instantly get that feeling in your stomach and you just know a big one is coming. That's right, rise and shine my fellow South Sydney faithful because game day is here!! Huge day, huge game for us in the context of our Season as we have probably our most pivotal clash of the year so far against the Broncos up there on the Sunshine Coast tonight. Can't wait for this one, honestly burning for it today.

We should all be under no allusions how tough this is going to be tonight. Brisbane are running second, and for good reason. They've been one of the best sides this year and one of the most consistent sides all year. They've looked like genuine heavyweights that are capable of winning this comp on their day and they've proven that time and time again in some huge games this year. I, like many probably, have been waiting for a late year collapse like last year but it's not happening, quite the opposite actually, they seem to be getting even better each game and I expect that to be no different tonight. Looking at their line up, they probably have the most explosive side in the comp on paper. That's the best way to describe it, explosive, especially in attack. So many world class threats who are some of the best players in the League in their position. Walsh, Farnworth, Cobbo, Staggs, Mam, Reynolds, Carrigan; it literally just does not end. They don't have many weaknesses at all. Going to be a huge challenge to overcome, but it's one I'm really pumped and excited for. The key to beating them is certainly our defence, especially through the middle. I want to see our boys really fight fire with fire and whack them. Bash them, bully them. If we can do that, we'll match them in the middle and this limits the involvements of Reynolds and Walsh who are their two key attacking players. Easier said than done of course, but that's what's ahead of us, that's what we've gotta do.

For us, there's no understating the enormity of this game. It's an absolute must win. Probably our biggest and most important game of the year so far because lose this one, and we'll find ourselves not only out of the eight, but staring down the barrel of missing the top four. Not a position we want to be in. Win however, and everything changes, especially because it'd be a big scalp to get Brisbane. Man, this game is crucial! it's certainly crunch time. There's no more excuses either, it's time for action and I want to see some results. Yea, the last eight weeks, for the most part, have been a shambles, but we can't change or control that now. What we can control, is our performance tonight. It's time to restart our Season and it's time to start righting the wrongs of that tough period. It's time to prove to everyone that we're still here, we're not going away and we are genuine heavyweights that you shouldn't sleep on. The way you do that tonight is by getting back to the team we were in the first 11 Rounds and the team we were in Round 18. Play that 'Rabbitohs Footy' that looked unstoppable. It all starts with attitude. The mental side of our game has to be right tonight, and I see no reason why it shouldn't be. There's absolutely no reason why the boys shouldn't be up for this as it's an absolute blockbuster and we need to win. Defence, as I mentioned earlier, will be one of the biggest factors so I want to see that return to resembling what we know we're capable of. Being almost full strength, with pretty much everyone back apart from Trell, will really help that.

Now is the time to stand up and begin our march to the Finals. I'm confident we can get back to being the side we were those first 11 Rounds and we'll hopefully show that tonight. The Broncos don't know what's coming for them. We can do this man! I know we can. Let's goooooo!!

Glory, Glory.

Steenson123

Juniors
Season is just about done. Cannot afford more defeats.
The club should think seriously about Mitchell's future.
Every season he is absent for months giving them very poor value.
Compare Mitchell to Edwards. Edwards is there almost every game and is a standout for Penrith. Every game.
Further, Mitchell has had more time out than Cleary who had a hamstring TEAR. Very serious injury. What exactly is Mitchell's injury? Demetriou has never really cleared that up.
Demetriou continues to maintain this "preservation" for the end mentality. Its NOT how you run a football club successfully. He needed to clarify exactly what Mitchell's injury was and demand he undergo extensive treatment for that. I heard Demetriou state several weeks ago that Mitchell was to follow his Physio sessions. It appears that has not materialised and we have given a gift to Reynolds and Co. who are full strength. And to all the other teams who are giggling about our plight. Always sans a full squad, always playing with a hand tied behind the back.

Steenson123

Juniors
We may as well s
Last night on nrl360 tallis said tatola is out,anyone heard anything?
We may as well scratch everyone.
Demetriou's position should be on the line.
He has failed for the past 7 games and now after a serious of Byes, the squad is still playing with hands tied.
With our roster Demetriou should have done better than this.
Would we be in this predicament if Bennett was here? Probably not we would have NOT been 2-5 in the past 7 including defeats to St George and Canterbury. Bennett would have picked sides capable of beating both of them leaving us in a far better position after going say 4-3 in that awkard, star-sans period.

callmack1

Staff member
I really feel like we're going to give a good account of ourselves tonight. I really do.

There's too much on the line not to. The boys will be feeling exactly the same as us fans about the last eight weeks and no one will want to turn it around more than them. I'm expecting them to be switched on, dialed in and extremely fired up. This is a monumental game, a huge occasion so no excuses not to be switched on.

We have almost everyone back and even without Trell, if we get our game right, we can beat the Broncos. The team of the first 11 Rounds is still in there, it's just a matter of finding it again. We somewhat did that against the Warriors, I want to see it again tonight.

So yea, I'm sure we'll give a good account of ourselves. Whether that is enough to beat one of the best teams in the comp remains to be seen, but we can do this!!

I'm a ball of nerves and excitement! Big night.

BotanyBorn&Bred

Juniors
Has taffe ever made a one on one tackle at fullback I know Walsh would near be impossible to tackle one on one but but he doesn’t install confidence at the back
Never.
he is f...ing useless at the back.
with his speed and he can't even lay a hand on someone who breaks the line?
He should NEVER play FB again