What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Round 3 Saturday 24th March @ ANZ Stadium v Manly Sea Eagles

themacemaceman

Juniors
Fantastic result last night.
I don't think any of us would have predicted such a score line.

Great to see we seem to have our defence sorted. The last 2 weeks have been a great improvement.
With Penalties being such the lottery that they are , the teams that can step up defensively and overcome the change of possession are the teams that will win games and we did that last night with the lobsidded penalty count.

Gagai and Kennar seem to have developed a great combination both in attack and defence.
Very pleased for Kennar. We should extend him now before his stocks rise any further.

A few more wins and the coach could have a nice problem with Reynolds / Doueihi.

Souths Till I Die

First Grade
I never understand why people talk like this. The penalty count isn’t supposed to be even.

We were abusing the ruck so badly so I understand why the penalty count was so lopsided. Manly were getting so frustrated when they couldn’t lay on the points.

Pommy

Coach
The most hilarious part is we won by 28 points. I know people like to make out the referees are totally inept but f**king hell that would be pisspoor even by their standards.

Itsamansgame

Juniors
I think saw you at the game itsa u passionate lump!!!
Hi handyman
Mate I wasn't at the game,I was commanded by my 3 X Granddaughters to be at their dance concert,so Poppy was annoying everyone in the audience with my reaction to every update.
What a night the girls all won awards and the Bunnies hammer those silvertails.
Mate I'm sure there is hundreds of Souths supporters look like me shaved balding head and a grey goatie!

ThingFish

Juniors
Good on ya itsa. It’s a real shame he’s gonna be leaving us for the enemies next season. Papalli would be absolutely fantastic though if we can pull it through I thought he had a great game for Canberra yesterday as well.
Plus the more I watch Murray the more I think he’s a better keeper than Crichton anyway. Add a hitter like Papalli and we are back in the game.

Rabbits20

Immortal
All I can say is how good is Slammin Sam!! Aggressive, passionate, mongrel, explosive, wears his heart on his sleeve, bleeds red and green ! Best forward in the NRL. A true champion:D
Oh mate I want him belt Woods next week!!

Murray really stiffens up the middle too!

Also good to see Sam running a bit wider occasionally too!! That was great to see!

Rabbits20

Immortal
Murray is worth paying overs to keep at the club. Jake Trbojevic is the only player that i would consider taking ahead of him.
f**k yeah!!!!

My oath!!

I'm fired up mate!!!

I loved your 5-3 comment hahaha that I read somewhere on here but I'm not getting ahead of myself!

I have to stay realistic otherwise if we lose next week it'll hit me like a tonne of bricks!!

You know what us Souths members are like when we win and lose!

I loved how the boys didn't force the pass... gotta keep that up!!

After long breaks we made no way were Moanly onside!!! No way at all mate!!!

Travitoh

First Grade
f**k yeah!!!!

My oath!!

I'm fired up mate!!!

I loved your 5-3 comment hahaha that I read somewhere on here but I'm not getting ahead of myself!

I have to stay realistic otherwise if we lose next week it'll hit me like a tonne of bricks!!

You know what us Souths members are like when we win and lose!

After long breaks we made no way were Moanly onside!!! No way at all mate!!!

4-4 is more realistic but I'll back us to grab an upset against one of StGI or Easts.

souths_reborn

Juniors

Great to see we seem to have our defence sorted. The last 2 weeks have been a great improvement.
With Penalties being such the lottery that they are , the teams that can step up defensively and overcome the change of possession are the teams that will win games and we did that last night with the lobsidded penalty count.

Gagai and Kennar seem to have developed a great combination both in attack and defence.
Very pleased for Kennar. We should extend him now before his stocks rise any further.

A few more wins and the coach could have a nice problem with Reynolds / Doueihi.
I don't mean to be wise after the fact but I saw us being highly competitive in this game and possibly winning it. I said last week that we weren't a million miles away from getting back into the winners column because of our defence and that has come to fruition tonight. I would go so far as to say that this has been our most impressive defensive display since 2014! Perhaps the results over the last couple of weeks were more down to a lack of match sharpness than a lack of playing ability and effort.

What I have also found impressive about the team is the introduction of creative freedom into the playing group. I think Seibold has struck the right balance between creative expression and structure. I would very much like to hear the opinions of the ad-lib aficionados on here, such as Doyen and whether or not they are not they are satisfied with our style.

In terms of performances, I think tonight was a perfect illustration of why Sam Burgess deserves and earns the money that he does - I thought he was simply brilliant. Many people will look at his stats and say they were nothing special but this game isn't about stats, its about what you see in front of you. Moreover, I think his brothers continue to impress! Maybe the more laid-back approach has benefited the twins by ensuring that they a fresh for game day because some of their carriers took me back to 2014.

I also really like our back line now. In particular, I think Richard Kennar looks a fantastic buy. Many people will say that wingers don't win you games and while that may be true, it has become a necessity of the modern winger to help your forwards out by making metres out of dummy half. Richard Kennar does this and looks an absolute powerhouse! I also love having Gagai in our backline. His agility and the way he moves can be likened to classic centres like Steve Rogers and Michael O'Connor.

Overall, it was a grand win! Hopefully the boys can pick up where they left off next week and get us another two points!

callmack1

Staff member
Plus the more I watch Murray the more I think he’s a better keeper than Crichton anyway. Add a hitter like Papalli and we are back in the game.
Couldn't agree more. Murray is first class and you could see it in his first few games.

He's just so good but at the same time, so consistent.

This is exactly what I meant when I said we've found the right balance between throwing it around while still keeping it simple, we're not forcing the pass like you say bro.

It's measured, we're not just throwing it around Willy nilly.

I don't mean to be wise after the fact but I saw us being highly competitive in this game and possibly winning it. I said last week that we weren't a million miles away from getting back into the winners column because of our defence and that has come to fruition tonight. I would go so far as to say that this has been our most impressive defensive display since 2014! Perhaps the results over the last couple of weeks were more down to a lack of match sharpness than a lack of playing ability and effort.

What I have also found impressive about the team is the introduction of creative freedom into the playing group. I think Seibold has struck the right balance between creative expression and structure. I would very much like to hear the opinions of the ad-lib aficionados on here, such as Doyen and whether or not they are not they are satisfied with our style.

In terms of performances, I think tonight was a perfect illustration of why Sam Burgess deserves and earns the money that he does - I thought he was simply brilliant. Many people will look at his stats and say they were nothing special but this game isn't about stats, its about what you see in front of you. Moreover, I think his brothers continue to impress! Maybe the more laid-back approach has benefited the twins by ensuring that they a fresh for game day because some of their carriers took me back to 2014.

I also really like our back line now. In particular, I think Richard Kennar looks a fantastic buy. Many people will say that wingers don't win you games and while that may be true, it has become a necessity of the modern winger to help your forwards out by making metres out of dummy half. Richard Kennar does this and looks an absolute powerhouse! I also love having Gagai in our backline. His agility and the way he moves can be likened to classic centres like Steve Rogers and Michael O'Connor.

Overall, it was a grand win! Hopefully the boys can pick up where they left off next week and get us another two points!
Great post.

In regards to our style, I'm loving it. As I mentioned above, we seem to have found that balance.

It's clear Seibs has given the boys a licence to play ad-lib but at the same time, we do have that structure there.

Souths Till I Die

First Grade

I think most Souths supporters would agree that Murray was more important than Crichton but it still sucks we had to lose Crichton. At his best he is a devastating ball runner it’s just his defence that needs work. But after looking at Coen Hess on Friday I can honestly say that most of these younger blokes are horrible defenders. It’s amazing how Murray has come into grade and handled it better than most established first graders. He’ll be a Souths captain in a few years and one that we can definitely be proud of as supporters.

doyen

Bench

Our STYLE-------satisfied!!

Rabbits20

Immortal
I think most Souths supporters would agree that Murray was more important than Crichton but it still sucks we had to lose Crichton. At his best he is a devastating ball runner it’s just his defence that needs work. But after looking at Coen Hess on Friday I can honestly say that most of these younger blokes are horrible defenders. It’s amazing how Murray has come into grade and handled it better than most established first graders. He’ll be a Souths captain in a few years and one that we can definitely be proud of as supporters.
Plus I believe he will play origin in a few years time!

Rabbits20

Immortal

I'd say when AR is back Douiehi takes Hunt's spot on the bench..

That is what I honestly think!