What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Round 4 V Tigers

Kev07

Juniors
Katoa & Egan ran for 4 meters combined again. Luai on the bench next week,after 4 rounds the 2 hooker rotation offers nothing.

snickers007

Juniors
Katoa & Egan ran for 4 meters combined again. Luai on the bench next week,after 4 rounds the 2 hooker rotation offers nothing.

Best case scenario is that Egan fails his concussion protocols this week, forcing Cleary to include Luai.

martielang

Bench
He threw a good pass to Mansour but he was predictable

I think we need to be realistic though, he’s likely one of the lowest paid first grade hookers in the game, who hasn’t played a full season at 9 & played a lot of ressies in the back row, yet people are judging him as if he should be Cam Smith.

Our forwards are literally running one off the ruck most plays, doesn’t leave him a lot of room to be unpredictable. Last night he should of had a try assist - through his own creativity, he defended well, his service was solid all night, made 1 error & people are giving him a 4? Doesn’t make sense.

I think it’s much easier to say our Hooker is shit rather than acknowledge at the moment our entire attacking structure is poor.

franklin2323

Immortal
I think we need to be realistic though, he’s likely one of the lowest paid first grade hookers in the game, who hasn’t played a full season at 9 & played a lot of ressies in the back row, yet people are judging him as if he should be Cam Smith.

Our forwards are literally running one off the ruck most plays, doesn’t leave him a lot of room to be unpredictable. Last night he should of had a try assist - through his own creativity, he defended well, his service was solid all night, made 1 error & people are giving him a 4? Doesn’t make sense.

I think it’s much easier to say our Hooker is shit rather than acknowledge at the moment our entire attacking structure is poor.

Hooker starts your attacking structure though. A scoot when the markers are backpedaling. A short side raid all start from the hooker and may get the defence scrambling later in the set.

That is what are lacking atm. We don't need him to run our attack like Smith does just put some doubt.

mxlegend99

Referee
He made his debut in 2015. This is his 5th season since then. The only reason he is yet to play a full season is because he is average.

He is 24 years, has plared representative footy for Tonga and has played 36 games over 5 seasons so far. He has potential for sure. But this kid has Masada Iosefa written all over him.

The problem is our other option looks no better. Both keepgetting picked, offering very little and racking up games that they wouldn't at other clubs.

Katoa needs to be in the team for now.hes the slightly better of poor options. But Luai should be on the bench. A backup hooker that isnt good is a waste of a spot. Luai offers so much more.

mxlegend99

Referee
Fisher Harris 143 metres and 60 tackles. What a season he's having so far.
Surprised he racked up that many metres. It didnt feel like he was making much ground.

Tackles im not surprised. He loves throwing himself into people and we handed over so much ball alot of our guys should have big counts.

He made his debut in 2015. This is his 5th season since then. The only reason he is yet to play a full season is because he is average.

He is 24 years, has plared representative footy for Tonga and has played 36 games over 5 seasons so far. He has potential for sure. But this kid has Masada Iosefa written all over him.

The problem is our other option looks no better. Both keepgetting picked, offering very little and racking up games that they wouldn't at other clubs.

Katoa needs to be in the team for now.hes the slightly better of poor options. But Luai should be on the bench. A backup hooker that isnt good is a waste of a spot. Luai offers so much more.

Luai will offer the X factor that people in this forum have been eager to see

TheFrog

Coach
You have got to feel sorry for the Tigers.

Beaten by a team who scored less tries than you.
Beaten by a team who had 60% completion rate.
Beaten by a team who had 30 missed tackles ( to your 18).
Beaten by a team who committed 16 errors.
Beaten by a team you were in front of when the final siren sounded.
Beaten.
From 1967 until well into the 80's and again most of the 90s and 2000s we were the team who would lose games under those circumstances. Maguire hit the nail on the head- Wests played negative footy in the final minutes.

forby

Juniors
Hooker starts your attacking structure though. A scoot when the markers are backpedaling. A short side raid all start from the hooker and may get the defence scrambling later in the set.

That is what are lacking atm. We don't need him to run our attack like Smith does just put some doubt.
The trouble is that the opposition always seems to be able to hold and wrestle the player without penalty. They never seem to be able to get quick play the balls because of this.

forby

Juniors
Watched the replay and I find it amazing that they can put Mansours try under the microscope over and over, but they don't even look at Kikau's effort. Both looked like tries to me.
The corner post camera did not show any touch but apparently because Mansour curled his toes it must mean that the boot dragged on the ground! How they turned that decision over is beyond me.
Why they didn't even take a look at Kikau's effort needs to be explained by Annesely on Monday. Even the commentators in Fox said on replay it was a lot closer than it first looked.
The "knock on" by Dylan Edwards that led to the Tigers first try wasn' a knock on, and was called by the referee behind the play who couldn't have seen what happened. The replay showed clearly he made a wrong and very costly wrong call!

Blues Riff

Bench
You have got to feel sorry for the Tigers.

Beaten by a team who scored less tries than you.
Beaten by a team who had 60% completion rate.
Beaten by a team who had 30 missed tackles ( to your 18).
Beaten by a team who committed 16 errors.
Beaten by a team you were in front of when the final siren sounded.
Beaten.
The Wests fans have been talking about Karma like it was some sort of vigilante to seek revenge for their personal pain and embarassment over Ivan.
They have wished evil and misfortune on the hard working, sport loving people of Penrith.
Last night they got what they deserved. f**k'm.
I do wish them well however for the rest of the season.

Tronald Crump

Juniors
Like most watching I was shitty with the performance after 79 minutes then relieved we actually won after 84 minutes.

Panfa

Juniors
Just athought 1.zelezniak 2.zelezniak 3.whare 4.blake 5.mansour 6.luai 7.cleary 13.fisher harris 12.yeo 11.kikau 10.campbell gillard 9.maloney 8.tamou 14.sele 15.leota 16.grant 17.katoa