What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Round 4 V Tigers

Panfa

Juniors
Edwards needs a spell to get his confidence up and luai is too good to be playing canterbury cup he needs to start at 5/8 forming his combination for next season with cleary.Both our hookers dont run and are very slow out of dummy half maloney has a good passing game kicking game and is a tough bugger i think he would go great at 9 especially since he only has 1 yr remaining

TheFrog

Coach
The corner post camera did not show any touch but apparently because Mansour curled his toes it must mean that the boot dragged on the ground! How they turned that decision over is beyond me.
Kasey Badger was right there with eyes peeled and she thought he scored, but they overruled her on a camera 70 metres away across a curved ground.

luai is too good to be playing canterbury cup he needs to start at 5/8 forming his combination for next season with cleary.
What do you suggest we do with Maloney? Hooker? Completely unsuited. Luai just has to wait his turn as countless others have done.

Last edited:

soc123_au

Staff member
Kasey Badger was right there with eyes peeled and she thought he scored, but they overruled her on a camera 70 metres away across a curved ground.

What do you suggest we do with Maloney? Hooker? Completely unsuited. Luai just has to wait his turn as countless others have done.
Panfa wants Jimmy in the 9.

Cant see it myself. Cleary could make 9 work, but it doesnt suit Maloney at all.

TheFrog

Coach
Having moved Dallin to FB mid-game, I suspect the coach will now persist with that change. The question is whether he'll have MWZ or Edwards on the wing. Edwards might have saved his bacon with the late try.

billypilgrimnz

First Grade
I guess it is positive that we can play like shit for 4 games and still be 2-2. The question is, is this shit the new normal, or are we genuinely a good side going through a rough patch? Thoughts?

tripster

Juniors
I guess it is positive that we can play like shit for 4 games and still be 2-2. The question is, is this shit the new normal, or are we genuinely a good side going through a rough patch? Thoughts?

Too early to be certain, but see my posts earlier above.

I think we will fix the errors, and therefore having more ball will no doubt help us, but I don’t see us dominating sides physically with our defence and go forward like we did last year. I hope I am wrong and end up with egg on my face, but I think that change will be permanent under Cleary.

tripster

Juniors
Having moved Dallin to FB mid-game, I suspect the coach will now persist with that change. The question is whether he'll have MWZ or Edwards on the wing. Edwards might have saved his bacon with the late try.

From what little we saw of him on the wing, Edwards actually looked pretty good. He jumped to take a difficult catch, and when he scored that try he still had a bit of work to do to beat Moses Mybe by coming back inside. I think we might find him staying on the wing.

Bob

Juniors
We are a good side going through a rough patch, Cleary and Maloney had off season surgery so had minimal pre season, Fish trained all season as a middle forward but had to play edge forward due to Kiks injury, Edwards is just coming back from shoulder surgery, plus a Cleary structures are different to Hooks, and Ciraldo and Wallace have slightly different roles

tripster

Juniors
Yeo charged with Grade 1 dangerous contact, but free to play next week with an early plea.

I haven’t watched the replay but I assume that was for a crusher? It didn’t remotely look like one at the ground. No doubt he will take the guilty plea to avoid risking a game but it would probably be worth challenging at the judiciary given how dubious that charge seems.

TheFrog

Coach
I haven’t watched the replay but I assume that was for a crusher? It didn’t remotely look like one at the ground. No doubt he will take the guilty plea to avoid risking a game but it would probably be worth challenging at the judiciary given how dubious that charge seems.
It was a crusher, not an especially bad one but I expected him to get grade 1 for it.

mxlegend99

Referee
We did it to start last year off aswell. We eventually came good heading into Origin.

franklin2323

Immortal
The trouble is that the opposition always seems to be able to hold and wrestle the player without penalty. They never seem to be able to get quick play the balls because of this.

As you would we are terrible from set starts. Slow play the ball and pressure the halves.. Then we have nothing

Good sides then would play with the hooker as the half. Last year Peachey would jump in to hooker and push the defence back.

A few scoots or going to the line and putting a kick through will put some doubt into the defenders. Atm a blind person can see what we are going to do

mxlegend99

Referee
Last year was good, five from the first six. It was 2017 that was a bumpy start.
We were playing shit last year but chalking up wins. We eventually came good and played like a decent team.

Until Origin and then we only saw random glimpses of our potential.

Serious questions will be asked if we don't put at least 20 on the Gold Coast next week. While they shouldn't be underestimated, they are a far worse defensive outfit than the teams we have played so far. I am hoping they will play us into form with a big win. If we have the same attitude in defence the points should come.

Latest posts