What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Round 5 Friday 6th April @ Jubilee Oval v Dragons

Curns13

Juniors
We’ve got zero punch in our forwards. The twins are too slow and don’t seem to run on to the ball. Murray is too small. Sutton has never provided any power running and Crichton has gone missing.

Awesome defensive effort from the boys, a couple of shocking calls both ways, I thought that forward pass call from Coady to Sutton I think the first time we got in their 20 was flat at worst. But to be fair the Nene No Try call after being sent up a try could have gone either way.

Curns13

Juniors
Completely agree. Only like 27% possession and we’re down by 6. Doueihi is gonna be game changing. This has actually been a great game.
Where do you reckon Doueihi comes on at? No point in bringing him on for Cody or Reyno, does he come on for Murray and play as a ball playing lock?

Souths Till I Die

First Grade
Where do you reckon Doueihi comes on at? No point in bringing him on for Cody or Reyno, does he come on for Murray and play as a ball playing lock?

I reckon he comes on at 60 minutes and probably comes on for one of the halves. At that point we tell him to get his hands on the ball as much as he can. He could tear them up through the middle.

Curns13

Juniors
Awesome defensive effort from the boys, a couple of shocking calls both ways, I thought that forward pass call from Coady to Sutton I think the first time we got in their 20 was flat at worst. But to be fair the Nene No Try call after being sent up a try could have gone either way.
I hate when teams rush at the winger on the sideline and let him step inside and basically go in untouched. Gotta practice sending 1 over and having a bloke stay inside, ready to push him out if he stays wide, but ready to tackle if he steps inside.

Curns13

Juniors
I reckon he comes on at 60 minutes and probably comes on for one of the halves. At that point we tell him to get his hands on the ball as much as he can. He could tear them up through the middle.
I reckon that’s such a waste. Is Doueihi in the 60th minute better than Reyno or Cody? If he is, he probably should start ahead of them, if not, why send him in?

Souths Till I Die

First Grade

I have always thought that block runners have to run straight through the line. For sims to just stop in front of Reynolds like that was stupid. That’s like asking for obstruction.

Souths Till I Die

First Grade
I reckon that’s such a waste. Is Doueihi in the 60th minute better than Reyno or Cody? If he is, he probably should start ahead of them, if not, why send him in?

I don’t even really mind. Reyno just hasn’t had much game time. So I’m happy with halves or second row. We just need to get him out there at the backend of the second half. The dragons really looked bad at the backend of the first half.