What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Round 5 V Storm

maple_69

Bench
I have some confidence based on the fact that we have a significantly better team than we ever have when we have faced Melbourne in the past. They have started playing pretty well and look close to clicking into a good rhythm.

kinghippo

Juniors
We usually get smashed in the middle of the field from the storm, they turn us over and wrestle to slow the play the balls down. If we match em and cry baby Cameron doesn't get all the 50 50's we will beat em

mxlegend99

Referee
I have some confidence based on the fact that we have a significantly better team than we ever have when we have faced Melbourne in the past. They have started playing pretty well and look close to clicking into a good rhythm.
We didnt look any better in Round 1 this year than we have ever beforem.. infact it looked like we still have those typical Panthers performances in us.

Storm on the other hand dont ever throw games away. It takes a lot to beat them.

Panther Pete

Juniors
I still have question marks over our ability to score tries when we are 10-20 meters from the storms line. They are masters of defending off their own line and wrestling opponents to death. Some of those soft tries we scored against the Knights just running through non existent defence will be a distant memory on Saturday night.

ACTPanthers

Bench
Had a dream last night that we win this game 32-12, then go on to win the Premiership... Premonition maybe? Or literally just dreaming? Either way, I'm confident we'll win this, so we'll probably lose lol - As has been said before, we need quick play the balls to get some momentum - We can't let them wrestle the speed out our pack

Frankus

Juniors
Hey I was at that game as well.
Cold rainy shithole.
Rooney scored a couple i think.
Billy Slaters 21st as well.

This week we need to have fast play the balls. If we fall into the trap of rumbling in having two guys hold then one low as they twist we will be to slow.
The ref will give us nothing.
If tackled hit ground fast and play it fast.
Tigers did it for a while and it worked.

Storm are vulnerable to a inside straight runner in the centres.

Play fast kick deep chase hard no penalties or dropped ball.
Maybe we can win down there.
Haha yeah it was an awful night but one that has stuck on my mind. My memory might be a bit scratchy but I think Rooney was the only Luke missing from our side that night, replaced by the whippet.

I think the storm are most vulnerable when teams play unstructured ad lib football against them. They want a set defensive line and don't handle offloadathons and tons of second phase play very well. I think that is historically why the Warriors and Canterbury have had such success against them and also why teams like us and the Broncos have such poor records against them.

Haha yeah it was an awful night but one that has stuck on my mind. My memory might be a bit scratchy but I think Rooney was the only Luke missing from our side that night, replaced by the whippet.

I think the storm are most vulnerable when teams play unstructured ad lib football against them. They want a set defensive line and don't handle offloadathons and tons of second phase play very well. I think that is historically why the Warriors and Canterbury have had such success against them and also why teams like us and the Broncos have such poor records against them.

Rooney was probably ruled out for that game as a result of catching a cold playing alongside Paul Franze.............

Kilkenny

Coach
Past results, hoodoo's really don't mean a thing. On Saturday night we will be up against a side who more often than not finds a way to win. While we haven't enjoyed a victory on our trips down to Melbourne we have gone close including our heartbreaking loss in 2014. After kicking a field goal late in the game to take the lead 17-16 the Storm found a way to kick two of there own to take the lead and win 18-17. I don't think I have ever felt so gutted walking away from a footy stadium. If we play somewhere near to the best of what we can play I see no reason why we can't go close to winning this one. As history as shown you not only have to beat the Storm team, you also have to beat there fans who are very parochial, loud and more often than not get the Storm the rub of the green and a very favourable penalty count in there favour. Anyway six of us going down for the game, looking forward to it.

At this point of the season they are a far better side. The one thing we really have over them is our bench... yes even if we carry Hiku

Past results, hoodoo's really don't mean a thing. On Saturday night we will be up against a side who more often than not finds a way to win. While we haven't enjoyed a victory on our trips down to Melbourne we have gone close including our heartbreaking loss in 2014. After kicking a field goal late in the game to take the lead 17-16 the Storm found a way to kick two of there own to take the lead and win 18-17. I don't think I have ever felt so gutted walking away from a footy stadium. If we play somewhere near to the best of what we can play I see no reason why we can't go close to winning this one. As history as shown you not only have to beat the Storm team, you also have to beat there fans who are very parochial, loud and more often than not get the Storm the rub of the green and a very favourable penalty count in there favour. Anyway six of us going down for the game, looking forward to it.

No one was more gutted that day than Peter Wallace when he had the chance to kick a penalty goal right on full time to win the game. It was a narrow miss as well from memory.

But yes it was heartbreaking to watch. I sometimes don't know what's worse, a loss like that or a loss like the one we had against the Dragons in Round 1 this year

No one was more gutted that day than Peter Wallace when he had the chance to kick a penalty goal right on full time to win the game. It was a narrow miss as well from memory.

But yes it was heartbreaking to watch. I sometimes don't know what's worse, a loss like that or a loss like the one we had against the Dragons in Round 1 this year

Wallace's shot was just a bit too short and sprayed to the right a bit was a good shot from far out.

The yak

Juniors
Scratch Tim Browne from the bench he has been suspended for 2 weeks for a shoulder charge in reggies.

chrisD

Coach
I think we'll win but it's hard to have any confidence when it can come down to a shit bounce or refs call.

We aren't very good defending in the middle third but our goaline is very good. I don't think they're going to put on more than we are able to score.

Dragons ran over us, but they're doing that to most teams at the moment. Storm will beat us for ruck speed but I'm banking on us holding on the line. A lot will depend on how much ball we get when Latu and Kikau (assuming he comes on in the first half) come on. Against the Roosters we had no ball before halftime because of our errors and our substitutes were stuck mostly defending instead of being able to make the difference in putting some points on.