What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Round 7 games involving teams that have won this season

If I'm not mistaken, a player has to claim that a try has been scored for the referee to actually adjudicate on that. At no stage did Billy Slater claim he might have scored a try.

There's nothing in the rules to that effect. It's not cricket. Slater ran 10 metres after 'dropping' it, and fought to touch the ball down.

He intentionally let go of the ball to kick it, but I doubt he intended for it to hit the ground before he kicked it, but I guess he doesn't have to.
I thought he was going to let it go to kick it but dropped it before he could. He said himself he dropped it. Maybe the rule should just be you can't drop kick other than field goal attempts and drop outs.

Chipmunk

Coach
I thought he was going to let it go to kick it but dropped it before he could. He said himself he dropped it. Maybe the rule should just be you can't drop kick other than field goal attempts and drop outs.

That's like making a rule that you can't pass the ball unless a bloke is going to score a try.

Just because no one really uses a particular facet of the rules, doesn't mean that the rule should be changed. It's happened once in 50 years, but there is no reason that teams couldn't use it 5 times a game.

That's like making a rule that you can't pass the ball unless a bloke is going to score a try.

Just because no one really uses a particular facet of the rules, doesn't mean that the rule should be changed. It's happened once in 50 years, but there is no reason that teams couldn't use it 5 times a game.
What? Why do they need to use it? Everyone is just trying to kick it before it hits the ground anyway. No one is attempting drop kicks for grubbers. Why not just make the rule it has to hit the foot before it hits the ground?

Chipmunk

Coach
What? Why do they need to use it? Everyone is just trying to kick it before it hits the ground anyway. No one is attempting drop kicks for grubbers. Why not just make the rule it has to hit the foot before it hits the ground?

Well, it's a rule already, why change it?

Chipmunk

Coach
So if we don't come up with the win tomorrow we will be 2 wins and at least a differential of 59 points away from second last.

Last edited: