What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Round 7 V Sharks

Dragon Revival

Juniors
Time to get rid of Gould and Griffin. The handling was atrocious and lost count of the number of tries bombed.
The Sharks have an ageing pack. Potential and hyphenated surnames
do not win games.

chrisD

Coach
Towelled up at home by admittedly fantastic side, but a routine performance by them. Kikau has the potential to be our greatest answer to our biggest problem and is left out of the team, tells me the coach doesn't understand our problems and thus there's little hope to them being addressed.

David brown

Juniors
Blake and dwz were the only ones playing with some heart today... Can't stand Penrith losing but when they lose like a pack of bitch merkins it hurts even more... Griffin needs to go asap.. Dopey merkin

Panther Pete

Juniors
It's really not looking like
Blake and dwz were the only ones playing with some heart today... Can't stand Penrith losing but when they lose like a pack of bitch merkins it hurts even more... Griffin needs to go asap.. Dopey merkin
Yeo had a go as well as Blake and DWZ.

All game we across the field, our attack desperately needs to be straightened up. I do have a question for all the super confident panther fans on here that will no doubt find a positive in us being 2 from 7.......where is our improvement going to come from?

chrisD

Coach
Yeo had a go as well as Blake and DWZ.

All game we across the field, our attack desperately needs to be straightened up. I do have a question for all the super confident panther fans on here that will no doubt find a positive in us being 2 from 7.......where is our improvement going to come from?
Probably not going to come under this coach, but it could in this form.
1. ???
2. Mansour
4. Blake
6. Moylan
8. Merrin
10. Latu
12. Peachey
13. Cartwright

14. Kikau

madunit

Super Moderator
Staff member
Waqa Blake and Wallace were stand outs.

Martin needs to play straighter. When Panthers are playing well and scoring points he runs straighter.

When they're struggling he gets very sideways which just caises all the outside players to stand still and that is killing the attack.

hindy111

Post Whore
Rookie halves are problem not hiku lol. But agree hiku starts at centre or wing or not in team.

tripster

Juniors
I think the problem is that we are just not winning the ruck very often so we rarely get quick play the balls with the defense back pedalling, and Griffin also seems to have coached the offload out of us (whereas under Cleary we probably pushed the offload too much).

It is very difficult for our halves to create anything against a flat or advancing opposition defensive line - hence all of the running sideways.

Our forwards need to hit the line harder, and push for the fast play the ball, even if that means less post contact metres (which for some reason has become the focus).

Frankus

Juniors
Probably not going to come under this coach, but it could in this form.
1. ???
2. Mansour
4. Blake
6. Moylan
8. Merrin
10. Latu
12. Peachey
13. Cartwright

14. Kikau
Latu needs to pull his finger out if he wants to retain his bench spot let alone start - he is playing rubbish, so too is Merrin. Their form this year is in dire contrast to 2016. Peachey needs to be 14.

DWZ at fullback is the logical choice if Moylan is moved to 6. He runs the ball back hard every time and we wouldn't need another ball playing fullback.

The problem with pushing Moylan to 6 is you effectively lose a talent in TMM.

I've been flamed several times on here but will say it again - I don't see the hype surrounding Moylan. Sure he has some great touches every now and then but his positioning at the back is bad and he is almost no chance of busting a tackle. A fullback needs to have 1 if not both of these abilities. I'm sure someone will throw some stats at me.

mxlegend99

Referee
Latu needs to pull his finger out if he wants to retain his bench spot let alone start - he is playing rubbish, so too is Merrin. Their form this year is in dire contrast to 2016. Peachey needs to be 14.

DWZ at fullback is the logical choice if Moylan is moved to 6. He runs the ball back hard every time and we wouldn't need another ball playing fullback.

The problem with pushing Moylan to 6 is you effectively lose a talent in TMM.

I've been flamed several times on here but will say it again - I don't see the hype surrounding Moylan. Sure he has some great touches every now and then but his positioning at the back is bad and he is almost no chance of busting a tackle. A fullback needs to have 1 if not both of these abilities. I'm sure someone will throw some stats at me.
Moylan is a shit fullback and now has to share his position (or role in the team) with TMM. Thats why neither are killing it. They are sharing the same role. We have 2 sixes and no fullback.

Moylan was the form player of the competition after Origin 3 last year. He was playing half in attack and killed it.

Moylan at 6. Tmm on bench and a ball runnibg fullback would improve us a lot.

Latest posts