What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Round 7 Vs Bulldogs

callmack1

Staff member
We NEED to find consistency. You look at the way we played against the Panthers and the Cowboys to an extent, it was so direct. It was more like our 2014 style and everyone was running hard. We play well when our forwards play direct. Then in yesterdays game that is gone. Sort it out, play consistent, direct footy.

alien

Referee
Chrichton is a perfect example, if you look at his Yawnion highlights on Youtube, he is almost offloading at will. At Souths, the kid is a damn battering ram.
Yeah I think he and others need to offload more. Our attack is looking too 1 dimensional.

Pablooo

Juniors
What I'm disappointed about was the poor execution and clunky ball movement we dished out yesterday. We lost yesterday's game after we crossed the line on three or four occasions only to have tries disallowed because of lazy players and poor execution. Can we blame Madge or the players for yesterday's performance, I blame both. While I know we don't have the backs to really compete against the top teams, we still should of beat an unimpressive dogs team. However I really believe Madge needs to loosen the reins a little and allow the players some latitude in attack. With one example of a second phase play was a mid field offload from Sam yesterday where we scored an unexpected and against the grain try by Johnston. However what frustrates me the most is we have the big mobile players to create havoc with second phase attack but we play too conservative and too structured to trouble teams. We seem to rely heavily on high completions and field position to get us into our oppositions 20 metre zone where we then rely on set plays to get over the tryline. But what if the opposition workout our one dimensional second man plays with two decoy runners and rush up on our player makes and outside backs like yesterday. Well we fall apart and have no answers or counter strategy to overcome their defensive tactic. It's as if we have trained the intuition and instincts out of our playmakers. All day yesterday we had no answers to the Dogs rushing defensive line. When all we needed was a simple attacking kick placed in behind the oppositions fast approaching defensive line which would of given us a few scoring opportunities and/or kept our opposition in two minds about moving off their line too quickly. Anyway it's back on next week so let's hope we have learnt a thing or two or hope there is a Devine intervention to save us.

Last edited:

Rabbits20

Immortal
You persist like a troll on a mission , not a Souths fan and should stop posting on a Souths forum , go to "general " posting , Real Souths fans are sick of you and other "negative wimps" . Do we have a moderator ?
We are not fans we are diehard members!!!!!!!

There are too many on here that say it's just a game. That's not true passion for your club!!!!!!!!!

Rsag85

Bench
He's speaking a lot of truth but he could condense it into a few posts rather than making a couple more threads about it.

We all respect everyone views on here just Shadow takes it to the extreme pull it back a bit and don't be so negative all the time. We don't need to have 20 threads a day on the same topic every week. Post with respect and don't go over board with comments. Yes you have a view but so does everyone else. Like you guys calling people who disagree with your views "don't knowers". Respect everyone views.

Rabbits20

Immortal
We all respect everyone views on here just Shadow takes it to the extreme pull it back a bit and don't be so negative all the time. We don't need to have 20 threads a day on the same topic every week. Post with respect and don't go over board with comments. Yes you have a view but so does everyone else. Like you guys calling people who disagree with your views "don't knowers". Respect everyone views.
It's passion!!!!!!!!!

It wasn't 20 threads but yes it was 2 threads which were not needed.

If people stop calling me a fan and a dud supporter when I am a diehard member I will stop calling a few don't knowers. Respect works both ways. In the past I've tried doing the right thing and others haven't even put in an effort.

I haven't been posting 8 posts in a row anymore in a thread so I'm cutting it back!!!!!

Rsag85

Bench
It's passion!!!!!!!!!

It wasn't 20 threads but yes it was 2 threads which were not needed.

If people stop calling me a fan and a dud supporter when I am a diehard member I will stop calling a few don't knowers. Respect works both ways. In the past I've tried doing the right thing and others haven't even put in an effort.

I haven't been posting 8 posts in a row anymore in a thread so I'm cutting it back!!!!!

Every thread is on the same topic with him.

And mate you are a fan who just has a diamond membership, you still a fan of the club just like the rest of us.

If you want to take my advise then take it, if not it's up to you at the end of the day.

R20 and Shadow, I respect your passion for the club but the bs dud crap has to cool off

Rabbits20

Immortal
Every thread is on the same topic with him.

And mate you are a fan who just has a diamond membership, you still a fan of the club just like the rest of us.

If you want to take my advise then take it, if not it's up to you at the end of the day.

R20 and Shadow, I respect your passion for the club but the bs dud crap has to cool off
Sorry I'm not a fan.

I'm a diehard member.

If players don't play well like Jennings and Talakai I'm not going to say oh they will get better and hope. That's not who I am.

I will say just what alien says is that they aren't up to first grade standard.

If I call them duds then that's up to me!!!!!!!

I will say though all these pictures have to stop!!!!!!

I am honest in my analysis!!!!!!

I understand some fans want to coast along with mediocrity. That's what I understand well is that they don't want success. But I hope and want for better recruitment choices.

Addo Carr and a good forward would be a step in the right direction.

Latest posts