What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Round 7 vs Warriors

Saint_JimmyG

First Grade
Yep it's true.
Two reasons.

Peats lack of form.

And Rein is very close to Brennan, Titans coach, who had Rein in his ISP team at Panthers last year.

Talking to some footy knobs last week up on coast, they said it's going to happen

And yesterday's poor result will speed it up.

Watching that game yesterday, Rein played really well for a team that was easily beaten.

Good service with clear direction coming from a genuine halfback.

It's amazing what a competent coach will do.

I'm aware of the Brennan/Rein connection.

I'm glad he has a mentor who believes in him because the potential to become a representative hooker is there.

Lovemedragons

Juniors
Watching that game yesterday, Rein played really well for a team that was easily beaten.

Good service with clear direction coming from a genuine halfback.

It's amazing what a competent coach will do.

I'm aware of the Brennan/Rein connection.

I'm glad he has a mentor who believes in him because the potential to become a representative hooker is there.
You are mates with Rein aren't you Saint Jimmy, how did he go at Penrith under Griffen?

Saint_JimmyG

First Grade
You are mates with Rein aren't you Saint Jimmy, how did he go at Penrith under Griffen?

Griffen? Do you mean the under seige Panthers' coach who has lost good players such as Cartwright and Moylan, who, obviously, had a problem with him?

You're the one telling the story.

Old Timer

Coach
So the kick from the scrum that almost led to a surprise Mann try but for a crap bounce was us going back to being conservative?? And many offloads as well during the game too. Face it, Warriors defended well ok.I think you are being way too negative about a single loss.
I think you are being way to positive about 1 kick for a planned move which came out of desperation due to clock pressure

denis preston

First Grade
I think you are being way to positive about 1 kick for a planned move which came out of desperation due to clock pressure

You know, in the clear light of day i will take last friday nights result for what I think it is, Our side still playing well but not allowed to play better by a side absolutely on fire defensively. We won't get many sides that can play to this level against us and i doubt that the Warriors can sustain to this level.

Now , if we lose 3 of our next 4 , I will see this as game as the start of our "daju vu all over again "!

Life's Good

Coach
Since when has a player's place of birth been a prerequisite for the State in which they play?

Inglis, Moore, Dowling etc.

Ok, so Friend, Peats and Wallace haven't been mentioned in dispatches but they are still more likely to be chosen than McInnes.

And, my original post from long ago mentions this.

So true about state allegiance which even extends to country allegiance(Tamou, Fifita come to mind).

On Friend, have you got a quote as to where he’s renounced his allegiance to Qld & pledged to become a Blue(that would of course be supported by quotes/press releases from the QRL & NSWRL).

Or what about a quote from Fittler saying that if he renounced his allegiance to Qld he’s in the mix for NSW ahead of say McInnes, Peats, Cook, Korisau who Fittler has confirmed are in the mix for SOO?

Saint_JimmyG

First Grade
So true about state allegiance which even extends to country allegiance(Tamou, Fifita come to mind).

On Friend, have you got a quote as to where he’s renounced his allegiance to Qld & pledged to become a Blue(that would of course be supported by quotes/press releases from the QRL & NSWRL).

Or what about a quote from Fittler saying that if he renounced his allegiance to Qld he’s in the mix for NSW ahead of say McInnes, Peats, Cook, Korisau who Fittler has confirmed are in the mix for SOO?

No such source available. I deliberately created a segue hoping it would masquerade the fact I f*cked up thinking Friend was from NSW.

That said, if Friend was available for NSW, I believe he would be above McInnes in the pecking order.

Remember, Fittler is an old Chook.

Life's Good

Coach
No such source available. I deliberately created a segue hoping it would masquerade the fact I f*cked up thinking Friend was from NSW.

That said, if Friend was available for NSW, I believe he would be above McInnes in the pecking order.

Remember, Fittler is an old Chook.

The same Jake Friend that Trent Robinson rushed to defend, this week, after his Paul Carige like performance against the Bunnies last week?
Fittlers a clown but he’s no idiot.

BennyV

Referee
Lol@the Rein support...a 28yo hooker coming off a full year in reserve grade might be pushing for a starting spot when the competing hooker in injured, and relying on his mateship with the coach (also coming from reserve grade) to gain a spot!

Horrible hooker. Poor passer, poor defender, poor decision maker. The fact that he gained 150 first grade games at our club in one of the worst eras in ou history is no coincidence!

Old Timer

Coach
They’re not in the top 6 because we beat them. Just an observation you idiot
Your equation that they aren't in the top 6 because of a loss to us is absurd.
If they had only lost to us and won the other 5 they would be in the top 4.
If that had been the case and they won this weekend then they would be joint leaders.
Just an observation you idiot.